Recent App Button

Guest sjt.a3b

Guest sjt.a3b

Just wondering if there is a way to make a hardware button open a recently used apps list? similar to the one found in cyanogen or sense roms by holding the home button. I know it's lazy but I hate having to go back to the home screen to change app.

Edited by sjt.a3b

Guest warwound
Just wondering if there is a way to make a hardware button open a recently used apps list? similar to the one found in cyanogen or sense roms by holding the home button. I know it's lazy but I hate having to go back to the home screen to change app.

Hi.

If you can't find a way to map a hardware key to do this then look at Button Savior:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.s...e=search_result

That will give you a toggleable software button (actually a panel of buttons).

One button is the Home button and a long press brings up the recent apps list.

The paid for version of Button Savior allows you to add or remove buttons so you could remove all buttons except the Home button.

warwound.

Guest goldenbolux

Iagree with both of the above

I use both button saviour and task switcher

its so much easier to have them running then you can easily switch between apps and browser and settings etc at the touch of a button without all of the faff on

Guest sjt.a3b

Thanks for the suggestions, both work well enough, thanks. But if anyone can figure out or tell me how to remap hardware buttons that would still be much appreciated.

Guest sjt.a3b

haha, excellent, never know, it might happen then.

just in case anyone is interested, i decided on perfect task switcher, one home button press (power button using spare parts) for it then press again to actually go to the homescreen. it does the job i suppose.