[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest JayGB1982

Damn just realised i posttd in the JJ thread and not SS :)

Which version of froyo is the most stable for everyday use?

The CM builds are seriously annoying me...

If I can't get a decent operating system for the phone it's going for good!

Guest Anil k Solanki
Damn just realised i posttd in the JJ thread and not SS :)

Which version of froyo is the most stable for everyday use?

The CM builds are seriously annoying me...

If I can't get a decent operating system for the phone it's going for good!

I have been using SS RLS5 for a few months and it is rock solid. I find it hard to understand your frustration. It would seem you have been trying ROMs which are essentially homebrew, in other words "free". The price for easy street is £350 $450 which gets you a Nexus S and zero frustrations.

I don't mean to offend or insult you.

Anil

Guest appolus

Ok i have two problems i want a fix for them the first one is:

Why everytime i make an call and someone answers the phone vibrates? plz tell me how to get rid of that its very annoying!

everytime i wake the phone from standby it shows my background first and then the lockscreen, why and how can i fix it? thx!

Guest k0zmic
Ok i have two problems i want a fix for them the first one is:

Why everytime i make an call and someone answers the phone vibrates? plz tell me how to get rid of that its very annoying!

everytime i wake the phone from standby it shows my background first and then the lockscreen, why and how can i fix it? thx!

I think that's an Android feature, you might be able to get rid of it with another dialer. CM7 has an option to get rid of it IIRC.

I don't think you can fix that unfortunately.

Guest appolus
I think that's an Android feature, you might be able to get rid of it with another dialer. CM7 has an option to get rid of it IIRC.

I don't think you can fix that unfortunately.

when i had my comviq stock 2.2 it didnt have that feature..if someone knows how to get rid of it plz post..

why cant i fix the lockscreen thing? is it a bug?

Guest k0zmic
when i had my comviq stock 2.2 it didnt have that feature..if someone knows how to get rid of it plz post..

why cant i fix the lockscreen thing? is it a bug?

Oh okay.

It's a bug.

Guest topek
See my post Post #2391 ... a reinstall sorted mine ! NO wipe, or loss of anything.

What does it mean reinstall?

How can i do that?

I have also problems with LONG gps fix

Guest Anil k Solanki
What does it mean reinstall?

How can i do that?

I have also problems with LONG gps fix

Reinstall means reflash the ROM, just like reinstalling an operating system from a CD/DVD, but in this case the operating system is a .zip file which you install using the recovery manager. Best way to do it for a novice is, put the ROM .zip on the root level (top) of your SD card, then get the app Rom Manager on your phone available from the Marketplace for free. Launch that app and choose boot into recovery from the main set of options.

Once you are booted into recovery select the 5th option down - install zip from sdcard using the volume buttons to scroll down and the home button to make your selection. Make sure you only reflash the same ROM you already have Swedish Spring RLS5 otherwise a giant crack will appear beneath your feet and swallow you up. Kidding aside, be sure you know what you are doing before doing it. No real change of damaging your phone, but you may waste hours because you where not prepared.

I hope this helps you.

Anil

Guest frenchy77

hey all,

i wont trawl through the last few pages and respond to individual posts as my pc is annoyingly slow on wifi at the moment :rolleyes:

i will therefore say that for anybody looking for a very stable rom then look no further than SS RLS5 [or the lite version] - i have found no problems with the wifi / 3g / calling / sms / mobile internet since i stopped hoping from one rom to another and stayed with it.. [i also have the thin circle gingerbread theme which is great - thanks to ALL DEVS! :)]

some of the problems with various applications can be solved with wiping dalvik cache, rebooting, reflashing and the like, and is reasonably straightforward. it must be cos i have managed to, and credit to a post with the link to understanding clockwork..

the only niggle i have had throughout this rom is the AGPS. i dont use maps/satnav very often so it is not a major pain.. but something you guys and gals might try is the ''GPS STATUS'' app in the market. it has a 'manage agps state' in 'tools' and it seems that when i update this, google maps becomes so much quicker.

for folk looking for a decent app that plays many different video files, i use MOBO PLAY [free] which seems to cope with all i throw at it.

i have no vested interest in any app or any rom, i just want the best value for money i can get.

hope these rambles helps folk.

ps - anil, i have read many many posts from you on here. you are a gent and always try to be helpful to folk. dont let the odd one get you down. kudos.

Guest Anil k Solanki
i will therefore say that for anybody looking for a very stable rom then look no further than SS RLS5 [or the lite version] - i have found no problems with the wifi / 3g / calling / sms / mobile internet since i stopped hoping from one rom to another and stayed with it.. [i also have the thin circle gingerbread theme which is great - thanks to ALL DEVS! :)]

ps - anil, i have read many many posts from you on here. you are a gent and always try to be helpful to folk. dont let the odd one get you down. kudos.

Hi frenchy77, you are correct, SS RLS5 is excellent. Rock solid, very functional & customisable. I added the Gingerbread Ui theme because I prefer the black notification bar.

Many thanks for your kind words. I don't let other users opinions or posts get me down, so no worry there. We are all entitled to our own opinions, as long as they don't hurt or defame anyone, go for it. Over the years on many many forums lots of kind folks have helped me. I couldn't have built my Hackintosh without the help of others. This forum though, is off the charts in terms of activity. Very busy and a great buzz, a great place to learn and share.

Finally, I see you have a NOKIA handset, I used to use a 5800. Great hardware, dreadful operating system. I need to get it on eBay and sell it. Do you still actively use yours?

All the best, Anil.

Guest ohyesman

Right was on this rom previously on my Gen 1. Decided to give stir fry a go and used the TPT to switch to gen 2 and install Stir Fry but have found the battery life is great until used then it drains really quick compaired the SS5 so i am only to switch back.

Been having another read through the thread - previously thought the list on the 1st page was different versions but have since discovered that they are addons LOL

1 - i assume this are just installed via clockwork - is this done by apply update from sdcard & file called update.zip?

2 - 50% AHB bus overclocking at all speeds starting from 480MHz addon - Sorry for the silly question but what is the difference/what does this do??

Thanks

Guest canis_lupus

Hello.

I have strange problem with this ROM.

When anyone send me a file via bluetooth, i can't receive other files than *.jpg, but when a get apk file or epub and rename it to *.jpg - then i receive it.

Its not problem witch a phone, because in my wife's phone witch this ROM its the same problem.

I allways receive only jpg files (or others of which I do don't know it)

P.S. Sorry for my english.

Edited by canis_lupus

Guest k0zmic
Right was on this rom previously on my Gen 1. Decided to give stir fry a go and used the TPT to switch to gen 2 and install Stir Fry but have found the battery life is great until used then it drains really quick compaired the SS5 so i am only to switch back.

Been having another read through the thread - previously thought the list on the 1st page was different versions but have since discovered that they are addons LOL

1 - i assume this are just installed via clockwork - is this done by apply update from sdcard & file called update.zip?

2 - 50% AHB bus overclocking at all speeds starting from 480MHz addon - Sorry for the silly question but what is the difference/what does this do??

Thanks

1.) Yeah, via 'install zip from SD Card'

2.) Personally, I think it just drains battery and doesn't give any visible speed increase. It basically accelerates the hardware bus aka the 'AHB'.

Hello.

I have strange problem with this ROM.

When anyone send me a file via bluetooth, i can't receive other files than *.jpg, but when a get apk file or epub and rename it to *.jpg - then i receive it.

Its not problem witch a phone, because in my wife's phone witch this ROM its the same problem.

I allways receive only jpg files (or others of which I do don't know it)

P.S. Sorry for my english.

I think Android doesn't allow .apk's to be sent (probably due to piracy concerns)? Does this happen on other ROM's or just this one?

Guest ohyesman
1.) Yeah, via 'install zip from SD Card'

2.) Personally, I think it just drains battery and doesn't give any visible speed increase. It basically accelerates the hardware bus aka the 'AHB'.

I think Android doesn't allow .apk's to be sent (probably due to piracy concerns)? Does this happen on other ROM's or just this one?

cheers bud :)

Guest canis_lupus

I don't try other ROM yet. But its problem not only witch apk, but epub and pdf files also.

My friends have HTC (desire and wildfire)and samsung (galaxy s) phones and they work receive apk and others files.

Edited by canis_lupus

Guest k0zmic
I don't try other ROM yet. But its problem not only witch apk, but epub and pdf files also.

My friends have HTC (desire and wildfire)and samsung (galaxy s) phones and they work receive apk and others files.

Ah, I'm not sure then. Have you tried it a different bluetooth app?

Guest sm4tik
Ah, I'm not sure then. Have you tried it a different bluetooth app?

I think it's rom specific as I just noticed CM changed it's policy to "Accept all mimetypes for inbound bluetooth file transfers". Maybe there's an app that can bypass the mimetype check with SS?

edit: uhh.. sorry for not reading the original question properly!

Edited by sm4tik

Guest stiku

Im sorry if this question has already been here I just don't mind going through every page in this thread so:

I installed the rom, everything worked perfect, but after a reboot my Home-button stopped working.

It vibrates but nothing happens. If I do a full wipe and install the rom again, the home button works til I reboot again.

Thanks for the help

Guest blade_

hello!if im going from rls4b to rls5 does it need to do wipe or no?thanks

also i have to say that i have problems with sms notification...when an sms arrives no sound,no notification,only screen light...can you help on this?

Edited by blade_

Guest k0zmic
hello!if im going from rls4b to rls5 does it need to do wipe or no?thanks

also i have to say that i have problems with sms notification...when an sms arrives no sound,no notification,only screen light...can you help on this?

No just wipe cache/dalvik cache.

Check the SMS settings and set to vibrate always.