[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Poodha

Question about the GPS.

Is the A-GPS always active? What happens if you disable datatrafic(I'm going abroad this weekend and was going to use the gps offline). The gps works as normal with Navigon(for example) with no charges?

Guest kallt_kaffe
Question about the GPS.

Is the A-GPS always active? What happens if you disable datatrafic(I'm going abroad this weekend and was going to use the gps offline). The gps works as normal with Navigon(for example) with no charges?

If turn of datatraffic I suppose it won't use any AGPS. Not sure how "safe" the built in way to disable datatraffic is, you may want to use something like APN Droid to be on the safe side. Another alternative is to get a local Pay-to-go SIM card to use while you are there.

Guest shootomanUK
Yeah i think it's under sound settings...

I've looked everywhere in the settings and i can't find anywhere to turn screen lock vibration off.

it was off on the jj-rls9 rom so must be a way somewhere or somehow ??

Guest toytown

For the last 2 days I've noticed that under Battery Information, "running" will be at 100% and the battery will drain quite quick, down to 50% in about 5 hours. A reboot of the phone clears this up, but killing/stopping apps in Task Manager will not, also under "Quick System Info Pro" no apps are using the cpu.

I go on a walk and use runkeeper to monitor my progress, so GPS is enabled and working, I've also got the stock music player on for about an hour. After this i normally make a call. So one of these is setting off the problem, i dont think the issue is the runkeeper software as it worked perfect on the stock rom and killing the task does not stop the issue.

Also anybody else noticing this issue below on the rom, nobody else mentioned it :D

one small issue im seeing is that whenever i open up the internet browser, the GPS icon comes on whilst it tries to get a lock for about 5 seconds then it disappears.

This happens on google.com even though "Enable Location" is disabled in the phone's browser settings and "Allow Use of Device Location" is set to NO in google's preferences.

Edited by toytown

hey

i wonder if i can change the menu animation (3rd slide) in swedish spring RLS2 as the one in FLB rom.

any ideas how can i change it ?

I too would be interested to know if this is possible as I much prefer the 3d zoom as opposed to the fade in and out. I tried replacing Launcher2.apk from another ROM to no avail. I am guessing it must be some setting in build.prop that I need to alter?

Guest toytown

I've moved back to the stock rom again as its the only one that seems to work reliably for the way i use my phone. The final straw was using Skype on it, the call quality is really bad compared to that of the stock rom.

Guest jenjenx

CHROMR TO PHONE NOT WORKING!!!

This used to work with JJ9 but now theres no response from it. I use this to send notes, links etc to my phone.

I tried to download this again from the market place but it is no longer compatible with this ROM? anyone can check for me? :D:(:D

Guest Nyberg

How can I add my own ringsignals and notifications?

I tried making a directory on /sdcard/media/ringtones and tried to copy them into /system/media/ringtones but they are not seen when choosing a ring signal in the system.

I also did a rescan for mediafiles in the system but still not indexed.

Henrik

Guest Len Ash
How can I add my own ringsignals and notifications?

I tried making a directory on /sdcard/media/ringtones and tried to copy them into /system/media/ringtones but they are not seen when choosing a ring signal in the system.

I also did a rescan for mediafiles in the system but still not indexed.

Henrik

ringtones are in /system/media/audio/ringtones/

Guest Nyberg
ringtones are in /system/media/audio/ringtones/

Yes I tried putting them in the default folder to, but they did not come up as chooseble in settings.

Guest TRKOSTAS
Yes I tried putting them in the default folder to, but they did not come up as chooseble in settings.

create a folder "ringtones"at the root of SD and all the files you will put there they will be available for ringtones

Edited by TRKOSTAS

Guest Nyberg
create a folder "ringtones"at the root of SD and all the files you will put there they will be available for ringtones

Thank you! I'll try this, but if this is the case then alarms should also be recognized as alarms in the root, shouldn't it be better if this was changed so it could be called media/ringtones etc on the sd card?

Guest kallt_kaffe
Thank you! I'll try this, but if this is the case then alarms should also be recognized as alarms in the root, shouldn't it be better if this was changed so it could be called media/ringtones etc on the sd card?

There's an app to create ringtones, alarms, notification sounds etc. from mp3/ogg files on your SD-card. It's free and it's in Market and it is called Ringdroid.

Guest Tommyukuk

What's everyone's battery life like on this? I only got the phone 2 days ago.. charged it fully yesterday morning, hadnt installed any apps, barely used the internet, but after about 5 hours it was down to 30%.. dont know where to start to try find out whats causing it to drain?

Guest kallt_kaffe
@KK

Should oprofile.ko be in the lib folder as it is or is this a mistake?

It was there in the original dump, seems ZTE left it there. Propably a mistake. At least it is not loaded on my phone.

Guest kallt_kaffe
What's everyone's battery life like on this? I only got the phone 2 days ago.. charged it fully yesterday morning, hadnt installed any apps, barely used the internet, but after about 5 hours it was down to 30%.. dont know where to start to try find out whats causing it to drain?

Give a few more days before you start trusting the battery meter.

Guest stefanokan

Same problem with various ROM: JJ9, FLB 10b, SS RL2....

I made a test:

1)

Charge battery 100%. Switch off the phone (11 pm).

Switch on the Phone (7 am). Battery at 64%.

2)

Charge battery 100%. Switch off the phone. Extract the battery from the phone (11 pm).

Insert the battery in the phone at 7 am. Switch on the phone. Battery at 94%.

I think there's a hardware problem. Some components is draining the battery also with phone switched off.

Guest jasonXXx
It was there in the original dump, seems ZTE left it there. Propably a mistake. At least it is not loaded on my phone.

Ok thanks. KK is there any chance of you putting the power widget in the status pulldown i really liked having it there and keep going to pulldown the statusbar to toggle settings? I have looked through loads of pages on google for a guide to implement this with no look :D

Guest jmm82

AGPS doesn´t work, i can´t get position when i´m inside. Gps works great on outside. JapJelly it worked when "use a-gps" was ticked, but now there isn´t that option. If it should be automatically on when network is on, then its broken. Or is it something do with operator? I have finnish operator saunalahti.

Edited by jmm82

Guest jaypatel
Ok thanks. KK is there any chance of you putting the power widget in the status pulldown i really liked having it there and keep going to pulldown the statusbar to toggle settings? I have looked through loads of pages on google for a guide to implement this with no look :D

+1 I would really love to have this option too

Guest Nyberg
There's an app to create ringtones, alarms, notification sounds etc. from mp3/ogg files on your SD-card. It's free and it's in Market and it is called Ringdroid.

I usually use Audacity on my ubuntu to make the ring signal. Then I wanted just to copy it into the directory and use it, but that was not possible. But that should be possible with crating the directories in root?

Guest Nyberg
+1 I would really love to have this option too

Also the possibility like on Desire with various roms, that when you press the power button and get the power menu and press restart, you get the possibility to either restart, restart in to recovery or restart into bootloader.

Guest targetbsp
Ok thanks. KK is there any chance of you putting the power widget in the status pulldown i really liked having it there and keep going to pulldown the statusbar to toggle settings? I have looked through loads of pages on google for a guide to implement this with no look :(

-1 would dislike this feature lol. :D Mind you all I have to do is keep the theme without it like i did with FLB. :D