[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest riocoles

kallt_kaffe thanks for another great rom.

I have been using it for the past 2 or 3 days and seams a good upgrade from the JJ9.

My problem is that now when i configure the exchange account i am forced to comply with the securities policies and have to use the screen pin lock when on the JJ9 rom i didn't had to do that. And it is one of the reasons i used my exchange on my android phone instead of WM company given phones.

Is there a way to keep the old exchange bits?!

How could i do that!

Guest andynx1

My thoughts on this super rom.

Very stable, quick, excellent battery life, appears stock, everything working (so far!).

I prefer this rom to the other that I've tried, these include jj9, flb r11 as well as stock 2.1.

The only thing I've had a very minor issue with is installing apps from the market. For some reason, I have to do it twice! fist time, I get a message saying "downloading" - but nothing else happens. Second time I click "ok", everythings ok - app downloads and installs.

First class! I'll be stickin with this rom. Thank you!

Guest simonsays1
kallt_kaffe thanks for another great rom.

I have been using it for the past 2 or 3 days and seams a good upgrade from the JJ9.

My problem is that now when i configure the exchange account i am forced to comply with the securities policies and have to use the screen pin lock when on the JJ9 rom i didn't had to do that. And it is one of the reasons i used my exchange on my android phone instead of WM company given phones.

Is there a way to keep the old exchange bits?!

How could i do that!

I don't know about putting the old exchange app on, but you could try downloading K9 mail from the market and see if this works with Exchange how you want it.

K9 is based on the stock Email app so might be worth a try.

Guest jenjenx

In regards to the battery it seems to drop really fast to about 40% within an hour or 2 and then drains really slowly, 40% will last the next 10 hours

Guest Blues003

Some observations from a JJ-longtime fan:

- Homescreen, Appdrawer and Menus are insanely fast to load. Even Go Launcher EX, which is typically slower than my LPPlus or my ADW Ex, is fast. Basically, instant when I press something.

- Angry Birds is slow to play. Slower than CM7 and FLB r10b. Not sure about JJ9.

- Wi Fi and 3G are iffy. Not only the internet speed isn't great, but the connection intensity isn't marvellous either.

- No particular bugs found.

- Battery life is poor. It barely lasts the day.

Still, I'm keeping this ROM in hopes that it gets upgraded as well as the JJ did.

Keep up the good work!

Guest riocoles
I don't know about putting the old exchange app on, but you could try downloading K9 mail from the market and see if this works with Exchange how you want it.

K9 is based on the stock Email app so might be worth a try.

thanks for the tip.

Tried the app but it can't connect with the exchange! can't seam to make it work.

Guest andynx1

I'm kind of curious about these "battery life" comments. My wife has the blade, and she's gone 24 hours and only lost ~10% of her battery (although she doesn't do much with the phone). By contrast, I can use ~10% of it just mucking about on it for an hour. But isn't that just the way with these smart-phones?

Maybe as kk keeps saying, battery calibration just needs a few days to settle down. At any rate, we're not seeing any problems - in fact battery life seems good so far.

PS. don't know where my "sig" keeps going, it's there in my control panel!

Andy

Edited by andynx1

Guest leespam

- Homescreen, Appdrawer and Menus are insanely fast to load. Even Go Launcher EX, which is typically slower than my LPPlus or my ADW Ex, is fast. Basically, instant when I press something.

- Angry Birds is slow to play. Slower than CM7 and FLB r10b. Not sure about JJ9.

- Wi Fi and 3G are iffy. Not only the internet speed isn't great, but the connection intensity isn't marvellous either.

Still, I'm keeping this ROM in hopes that it gets upgraded as well as the JJ did.

Keep up the good work!

LTLFTP (Long time lurker first time poster)

Just to say that I found the battery life improved massively after running it flat dead and then recharging. Hardly touched it yesterday and was on a lowly 43% by 5.30pm. Ran it flat dead last night, charged overnight and from a near identical usage I'm now on 92% with half hour 'til 5.30pm.

HTH

Guest steveuk1981

Keep up the good work!

[/quote

Wifi + 3gs great for me, no problems

Battery life's pretty damn amazing, best battery life on any rom i've tried, cm7 n25 was good this just laughs at it :D

I've been using this rom for 4 days ish now dont think i'll be trying any others for a while as this is perfect.

Guest Blejder

I noticed 2 problems, after few days of use.

1.Sometimes, while listening music, after one song is finished, next one doesn't start automatically, but you need to press the "lock screen\power" button, and as soon as unlock menu apears, then next one starts.

This looks like some kind of sleep bug?

2. Speed of internet connection (3g and wi-fi) seemes to be limited, it wont go over 2Mbits (tested with speedtest app), with FLB rom, on my home wi-fi i was getting 6Mbits.

Guest kallt_kaffe
I noticed 2 problems, after few days of use.

1.Sometimes, while listening music, after one song is finished, next one doesn't start automatically, but you need to press the "lock screen\power" button, and as soon as unlock menu apears, then next one starts.

This looks like some kind of sleep bug?

Try the attached "fix". Install it with clockwork. It deletes libOmxMp3Dec.so and libOmxAacDec.so which did cause trouble in the Japanese 2.2. Let me know if it fixes this specific problem.

mp3_fix.zip

Guest AlphaVision

On my phone the battery life is good. Actually no change from JJ. I have unplugged it at around noon and around 10.30 PM it had 63% left. So no problems with the battery life for me.

Guest Blejder
Try the attached "fix". Install it with clockwork. It deletes libOmxMp3Dec.so and libOmxAacDec.so which did cause trouble in the Japanese 2.2. Let me know if it fixes this specific problem.

Ok, i'll try. :D

Tnx

Edited by Blejder

Guest toytown
On my phone the battery life is good. Actually no change from JJ. I have unplugged it at around noon and around 10.30 PM it had 63% left. So no problems with the battery life for me.

Depends on how much you have used it during that time, I unplugged my phone at 9:00am this morning, when on a jog for an hour with the GPS/Runkeeper on and the music playing all the time. Made 3-4 phone calls today and had the wifi on whilst browsing the internet for 20-30mins. Now at 11:45pm the phone is at 62% battery life. This is on stock rom, which so far is the best rom ive used (not tried FLB rom yet!)

Guest Poodha
-1 would dislike this feature lol. :D Mind you all I have to do is keep the theme without it like i did with FLB. :D

I'd actually like this feature very much and miss it after using CM7 and FLB. Obviously, people will have different opinions, but the best would be if there would be a mod available like there is for JJ.

Guest AlphaVision
Depends on how much you have used it during that time, I unplugged my phone at 9:00am this morning, when on a jog for an hour with the GPS/Runkeeper on and the music playing all the time. Made 3-4 phone calls today and had the wifi on whilst browsing the internet for 20-30mins. Now at 11:45pm the phone is at 62% battery life. This is on stock rom, which so far is the best rom ive used (not tried FLB rom yet!)

Well, that's a good battery life as well. I had mine with only listening to music and 5-6 calls. That's it. The point here is that the complaining users report poor battery life without much activity and device usage.

Guest kallt_kaffe
kk, great rom!

how is the new kernel coming up? looking forward to the next release!

I've done some tweaking to the kernel for the next release:

• Disabled swap & compcache support (not needed now that it turned out the 256Mb blades was a factory defect that was fixed with an upgrade)
  • Disabled lots of debugging in the kernel.
  • Made default clocks be 652.8MHz (max) and 122.88MHz(min)
  • Boots with "performance" CPU scaling governor and switches to "smartass" when boot is done.
  • "Ported" the smartass governor from erasmux's flykernel (hero) and changed frequency values to fit the Blade. (Max 245.76MHz when idle and min 480MHz when active)
  • Also added interactive governor from cyanogenkernel source but smartass is propably the better choice.
  • Ported the 2.6.37 version of BFQv2 (I/O scheduler) to 2.6.32 and implemented it. (Benchmarks are about the same but it is supposed to lower latency and CM uses it so I suppose it is a good thing)
  • Compiled a Gen2 version of the kernel and install script will automaticly detect and install the correct kernel.

All in all the tweaks should improve boot time, free up some memory (smaller kernel) and perhaps be a little bit more responsive. I've been running it for a few days and have had no instability so far.

I want to get it tested on Gen2 phones and also get some feedback on the mp3_fix I posted to make sure if LibOmxMp3Dec.so and LibOmxAacDec.so needs be removed.

Guest jasonXXx
  • Disabled swap & compcache support (not needed now that it turned out the 256Mb blades was a factory defect that was fixed with an upgrade)
  • Boots with "performance" CPU scaling governor and switches to "smartass" when boot is done.
  • "Ported" the smartass governor from erasmux's flykernel (hero) and changed frequency values to fit the Blade. (Max 245.76MHz when idle and min 480MHz when active)
  • Also added interactive governor from cyanogenkernel source but smartass is propably the better choice.
  • Ported the 2.6.37 version of BFQv2 (I/O scheduler) to 2.6.32 and implemented it. (Benchmarks are about the same but it is supposed to lower latency and CM uses it so I suppose it is a good thing)
  • Compiled a Gen2 version of the kernel and install script will automaticly detect and install the correct kernel.

All in all the tweaks should improve boot time, free up some memory (smaller kernel) and perhaps be a little bit more responsive. I've been running it for a few days and have had no instability so far.

I want to get it tested on Gen2 phones and also get some feedback on the mp3_fix I posted to make sure if LibOmxMp3Dec.so and LibOmxAacDec.so needs be removed.

Very nice good job kk any chance of the power control in status pulldown mod as a addon on?

Guest targetbsp

Looking forward to this! I already ditched my backups of all the other Froyos that I had because they were all pretty equal and I couldn't decide between them. Spring was just that bit better than the rest and more performance is always welcome. :D

almost a week of use and i have not got one single issue,

excelent work K.K

also,im loving the camera mute when phone is in silent mode :D

Edited by Guest

Guest Poodha

That's a whole lot of updates, NICE! Can't wait. :D