[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest jarno27

Any advice why wifi stopped working after I installed the AHB overclock.zip? Phone says that cannot search wifi networks.

Now I installed the rom again and other additional zips, but no good...

???

Guest robsan
kallt_kaffe thanks for another great rom.

I have been using it for the past 2 or 3 days and seams a good upgrade from the JJ9.

My problem is that now when i configure the exchange account i am forced to comply with the securities policies and have to use the screen pin lock when on the JJ9 rom i didn't had to do that. And it is one of the reasons i used my exchange on my android phone instead of WM company given phones.

Is there a way to keep the old exchange bits?!

How could i do that!

I had that too. You need to use Autostarts from the market (yep, need to buy it) and scroll to the device administrator section and there disable the entry for email or roadsync.

Guest IPB_Refugee

I think I found two bugs:

- I have set display brightness to "auto". Yesterday it was very bright outside but the screen's brightness remained at only ca. 30%. I had to adjust the brightness manually to be able to read anything.

- When the phone sleeps for several hours with data off, 3G data connection does not reconnect. Only a reboot helps. More infos: My provider is Bob.at who are roaming in the net of Mobilkom Austria. Data roaming is on all the time, but I turn off 3G data when I don't need it. Has anyone experienced the same issue?

All in all I'm very satiesfied with this firmware. Thanks again, kallt_kaffe! :D

Guest kallt_kaffe
Very nice good job kk any chance of the power control in status pulldown mod as a addon on?
I'm sorry but I don't think I will do that. This is allready quite time consuming, hopefully RLS3 will be good enough as a final version just like RLS9 of JJ has been and others can build addons for it if they want.

Guest kallt_kaffe
I think I found two bugs:

- I have set display brightness to "auto". Yesterday it was very bright outside but the screen's brightness remained at only ca. 30%. I had to adjust the brightness manually to be able to read anything.

Hmm.. I also noticed yesterday that automatic brightness was a bit shaky but after a reboot it worked again. Was a bit worried if removing all the debugging stuff in the kernel had broken something but since you experienced the same and I'm the only one that has the new kernel at least I know it's not those changes. Not sure what's up, just tested it on my phone and it seems to working right now.

Guest aftwinman
- When the phone sleeps for several hours with data off, 3G data connection does not reconnect. Only a reboot helps. More infos: My provider is Bob.at who are roaming in the net of Mobilkom Austria. Data roaming is on all the time, but I turn off 3G data when I don't need it. Has anyone experienced the same issue?

First post ! Hi all !

Thanks kallt kaffe.

i have the same issue with 3g data

Guest targetbsp
Ok, but I don't want whole theme only circle battery indicator. Atleast I didn't find that kind of mod there or am I missing something...

Not that I know of. You could make one yourself but the site for doing so seems to be down.

Guest Len Ash
Ok, but I don't want whole theme only circle battery indicator. Atleast I didn't find that kind of mod there or am I missing something...

Use UOT Kitchen for this....

(The site has moved)

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Len Ash
Hmm.. I also noticed yesterday that automatic brightness was a bit shaky but after a reboot it worked again. Was a bit worried if removing all the debugging stuff in the kernel had broken something but since you experienced the same and I'm the only one that has the new kernel at least I know it's not those changes. Not sure what's up, just tested it on my phone and it seems to working right now.

Don't have any issues with AB on your stock ROM or with my extended/recalibrated array in SS RLS2...

Guest Len Ash
Don't have any issues with AB on your stock ROM or with my extended/recalibrated array in SS RLS2...

There is a definite issue with both Network Data and WiFi data speed. Estimate that both generally run at about 10-20% of the norm. using subjective and objective testing. And Navigation often results in data connection issues during a journey due to low data xfer speed.

Checked this a few times in different places and a variety of sources/content. And against another identical phone running JJ9.

A reboot temporarily improves the d/l speed, but only by a few percent.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Blejder
There is a definite issue with both Network Data and WiFi data speed. Estimate that both generally run at about 10-20% of the norm. using subjective and objective testing. And Navigation often results ion

Checked this a few times in different places and a variety of sources/content. And against another identical phone running JJ9.

+1

Guest Len Ash
Dunno what you're talking about. No issues with wifi and data connection. Speed is just about the same as on JJ RLS9.

Good for you.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Blejder
... get some feedback on the mp3_fix I posted to make sure if LibOmxMp3Dec.so and LibOmxAacDec.so needs be removed.

I have been listening music for about 1.5-2h today, and everything worked great, so, it looks like mp3_fix works!:D

Although, bug was pretty random, so i can't say for sure...

Guest Blues003
There is a definite issue with both Network Data and WiFi data speed. Estimate that both generally run at about 10-20% of the norm. using subjective and objective testing. And Navigation often results in data connection issues during a journey due to low data xfer speed.

I agree fully. I actually reported this a while ago.

Guest Len Ash
I agree fully. I actually reported this a while ago.

You did indeed, I suspected your were right but wanted to spend a day or so checking my own (and your) suspicions.

Bang on.

Guest ahngau

I also noticed the same thing when I played with LanceH's auto brightness level. It's definitely not SS2 specific and happened to MCR12 and JJ9 (didn't try it on FLB) too. It sometimes took a few hours for a newly flashed rom to "settle" before the auto brightness suddenly began to work. After that, rebooting may break it again but it will come back a few minutes to half an hour later.

Annoying but not unbearable.

Edited by ahngau

Guest targetbsp
Is there changes to get a unrooted and without superuser application ROM? As not all people want rooted phones....

Under what circumstances would you want a custom rom but not root? From the point of view of hiding the fact you've tampered with the phone - the new rom is a bit of a giveaway. From a security point of view, apps need your permission to gain root access. If you are security paranoid... think about the fact that when you actually get down to it, you're running a rom uploaded onto the internet by someone you don't know. :D

I assume you can just remove superuser using root explorer? I had to do that once when z4root went pear shaped on my stock rom.

Guest jenjenx

Noticed that rooted applications no longer hangs like in JJ9. Titanium, Root Explorer etc.. they work at first launch so no need to kill app and restart.

Guest IPB_Refugee

About the 3G reconnection problem when the phone sleeps some time: Did nobody else experience this problem, except aftwinman and me?

@aftwinman: Do you use Widgetsoid, too? I wonder if it might have something to do with this nice toggle app.

About the issue with both Network Data and WiFi data speed:

@LanceH, @Blues003:

I know it doesn't help you :D but it might be interesting that this problem does not occur in general. I tested it a few minutes ago (after a hot reboot, because the mobile data connection went away again...) via Speedtest.net app.

Here are the results (in kilobytes/sec):

WiFi:

Download: 464.9

Upload: 132.5

3G:

Download: 252.6

Upload: 20.5

Okay, on 19.03.2011 I got slightly better values for 3G data connection but it's within the common range. And WiFi goes to the limit of the bandwith my ISP provides.

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Guest Len Ash
My Swedish Spring RLS2 (with CM7 wifi driver)

Wifi:

DL: 10484 kb/s

UL: 2741 kb/s

3G:

DL: 2597 kb/s

UL: 385 kb/s

The whole WiFi folder from CM7 or what? Why did you use it - because there was a problem like this?