[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest ahngau
great RLS3 update, only concern it might have greater battery usage seeing as its been "tweaked"...Ive put standard 600mhz and chosen "powersave" governer in CPU control...

my main wish would be longer battery life, rather than more speed...

You may do better by adding the following 2 lines at the end of /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh. No need to use the NoFrill CPU control.

echo 600000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq		  

echo 128800 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/smartass/awake_min_freq

Theoretically, the will give you the same if not better battery life than SS rls2 while still be just a bit snappier.

Guest dadashi
You may do better by adding the following 2 lines at the end of /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh. No need to use the NoFrill CPU control.

echo 600000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq		  

echo 128800 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/smartass/awake_min_freq

Theoretically, the will give you the same if not better battery life than SS rls2 while still be just a bit snappier.

Ok, I might try that seeing as no-frills doesn't set the 122mhz cpu after a screen time out or reboot even though it has superuser root rights...

Edited by dadashi

Guest kallt_kaffe
Great ROM kk. :D Looking forward to RLS3 kernel sources and to see what changes you have made to the smartass governor.

I'll try to make a git repo. However, regarding the smartass governor it's straight off the flykernel source I linked to in the first post. I just changed the max frequency when idle to 245760 and the wake up freq to 480000. You also need to add it to Kconfig but that's it.

I tried the smartass governor from the experimental blade cm kernel but it performed really bad and comparing the source with the one from flykernel there was a lot of differences so I'm not sure what source they used.

Guest rak007

@kallt_kaffe

I have read in other ROM's threads that the FM Radio application is a battery drainer. Need to know if you are also of same opinion and if yes then any particular reason for including the same in your ROM ?

Guest Paden

Hi all

Could someone explain why AHB overclocking & UI acceleration are add-ons & not included in the main ROM?

Is it because some phones may not run stable with them included?

Cheers, Paul

Guest horqai
Any advice why wifi stopped working after I installed the AHB overclock.zip? Phone says that cannot search wifi networks.

Now I installed the rom again and other additional zips, but no good...

???

I can not enable Wifi too in RLS3. It was working after the first boot but can't be activated again after the second reboot. The checkbox is just deactivating it self after 2 seconds. Any ideas?

Cheers Horqai

Guest css771
I'll try to make a git repo. However, regarding the smartass governor it's straight off the flykernel source I linked to in the first post. I just changed the max frequency when idle to 245760 and the wake up freq to 480000. You also need to add it to Kconfig but that's it.

I tried the smartass governor from the experimental blade cm kernel but it performed really bad and comparing the source with the one from flykernel there was a lot of differences so I'm not sure what source they used.

Well I made the same exact freq changes to the cm7 kernel but everything still seemed laggy. Had to switch to ondemand. But on this ROM, it seems very responsive. Of course, there are other factors too. But that is what I observed.

Guest jasonXXx
I can not enable Wifi too in RLS3. It was working after the first boot but can't be activated again after the second reboot. The checkbox is just deactivating it self after 2 seconds. Any ideas?

Cheers Horqai

Works fine on my phone on RLS3

Guest reluctant_traveller
@kallt_kaffe

I have read in other ROM's threads that the FM Radio application is a battery drainer. Need to know if you are also of same opinion and if yes then any particular reason for including the same in your ROM ?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't is the answer to that question I wager!

Guest horqai

Cheers Horqai

Works fine on my phone on RLS3

Any idea what I can try to fix this? Why does it work after the first boot and stopped after the second boot? What I read, I´m not the only one with this problem. I will reinstall the rom and try again.

Guest jasonXXx
Any idea what I can try to fix this? Why does it work after the first boot and stopped after the second boot? What I read, I´m not the only one with this problem. I will reinstall the rom and try again.

You could try to lower the cpu speed a bit and see if that works.

Guest Grishula

Cheers Horqai

Me too :D

Guest taine0

I wonder if someone could give me some advice, I upgraded from japanese jelly fish RLS2 or 3 (yeah, it's been a while since i changed rom) I did a full whipe, etc. One thing that's driving me nuts is that the screen position for widgets is slightly higher? I'm using the same rows and columns on ADW EX launcher. I've tried changing the LCD density with no luck. But it's really annoying, because I like to theme the home screen alot, the positions are just slightly higher. Could anyone tell me what's actually changing it/is there a way to get it back like japanese jellyfish?

Thanks if anyone can help.

edit:nevermind, it's a setting in my AWE EX launcher, no idea which one though. I just restored my previous settings and it went back to usual (shrug)

Edited by taine0

Guest Superfuzz

Ok silly question and maybe a bit irrelevant, but could someone point me to a backup-everything guide. I'm migrating from another rom and I'd like to keep as many settings/apps as possible.

Edited by Superfuzz

Guest jhonny2
Are the R2 themes compatible with R3?

yes :D

Ok silly question and maybe a bit irrelevant, but could someone point me to a backup-everything guide. I'm migrating from another rom and I'd like to keep as many settings/apps as possible.

Have you tried titanium backup?

Edited by jhonny2

Guest Superfuzz
Have you tried titanium backup?

I did tried it in the past but something went wrong and I wasn't able restoring. Do I just backup all the apps with it? Is it capable of backing up the various settings and game saves as well?

Guest Rasped

@Flibblesan

Now that you have bought a new phone I assume that you have money again.

Please refund the money I transfered to you to buy phones for me. I payed you for 3 phones, but never got phones nor money. Please reply to me.

Guest stylezuk

kallt_kaffe awesome release should be proud thx, rock solid running 50%/710, took me a while to take up 2.2 since stability over frills always, Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 being the convert :-)

Guest Aurimas L.
FLB is old news now. It was built on the Chinese ROMs like MCR and even though I did update a lot of the ROM a lot of bugs remain. The recent Swedish rom seems pretty solid and the Swedish Spring rom is pretty damn good.

FLB is the only working rom for my osf (0B10), so thank you!

Maybe someone soon will fix the glitch with not resposive screen...

Guest horqai
FLB is the only working rom for my osf (0B10), so thank you!

Maybe someone soon will fix the glitch with not resposive screen...

I had the same rom installed on the phone first (if that is what you mean with 0B10) and the touchscreen is working normally. Probalbly it's not really related to osf 0B10.

About the no wifi problem; I wiped and reinstalled everything and the problems disappeared. It could be that I recoverd some wrong or incompatible wlan settings with titanium backup.

Great build at all - thanks!

Cheers Horqai