[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest burstlam
Thanks for the reply, but that's the version that comes with RLS3 and the one that gives me problems. I start to think that my phone has some problem concerning the radio.

i think the same thing at first but i find out that the size of are different

try dowload the one from andorko page. that should be around 700k

Guest geegeethatsme
I didnt realise it was overclocked by default!

I guess thats why people are complementing the speed of the ROM!

Bit risky to be overclocking by default dont you think?

I cant even get back into RLS3 without it locking up and can't find RLS2 so I'll have to use another ROM

May come back when theres a more stock type RLS WITHOUT overclocking builtin!

IMHO overclocking should ALWAYS be an option not a default.

So you missed this in the very first post?

Overclocked out-of-the-box (max 652.8MHz, min 122.88MHz)

I've been using various roms since I got my SF last October. This is, by a margin, the best for my needs. Installed fine. A2SD working with an ext3 partition. Excellent battery life and utterly stable. Everyone's phone is different according to version, apps loaded, usage etc., so everyone's experience will be different. I may be lucky but the balance of posts in this topic seem to indicate that KK has given us a little gem.

Guest zx-9r

Hi all, my first post here!

Currently I'm using FLB r10b, works fine in my blade (Sapo A5).

Is it worth upgrading to SS R3? Or R4 is expected in the next days? if so, i'd prefer to wait a little...

Guest ZTE_Blade

What qudrent scores is everyone getting on the ss rom. i moved form flb r11 and was getting around 1000, but now on ss im getting 300-500

Thank you

Guest TouchyAndalou
What qudrent scores is everyone getting on the ss rom. i moved form flb r11 and was getting around 1000, but now on ss im getting 300-500

Thank you

flb r11 has stagefright enabled, which causes a problem where quadrant values show up at roughly twice their actual level. So, your phone was never actually running at 1000 - 300-500 is the correct reading.

Guest Len Ash
Thanks for the advice LanceH but how do I delete them? They won't come out of the ROM zip file for some reason that I don't understand. If I go to Titanium backup it gives me the option of un-installing (but in the past I have found this seems to leave odd tails) or "Force remove (by recovery exploit)" which sounds a bit risky - whatever it is!

I don't use Titanium, I do any deletions/additions in the base ROM and re-zip, reflash. You wouldn't need to wipe, just flash over it.

Guest Mikeandme
I don't use Titanium, I do any deletions/additions in the base ROM and re-zip, reflash. You wouldn't need to wipe, just flash over it.

Thanks for the help LanceH. Sorry to be so slow but do you mean, unzip the whole file remove the apk's you don't want and then recreate a new zip? Does this get over the issue of not being able to delete from within the zip - which I could do with the FLB roms for some reason. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium.

Also if I still have your attention (for which thanks) could I drop in apk's of my own provided I did not exceed the original file size?

Advice much appreciated.

Edited by Mikeandme

Guest heavyduty00

Hey..I have a few questions before installing this rom since I have never used overclocking..

Does it automatically boot with 650 mhz? what does min 122.8 hz mean? does it go to 122hz when ur not using ur phone?

Also what does smartass governer mean?

Finally will this work with cwm 2.5.1.8 or does it have to be 3+? I don't know how to upgrade my cwm :D

Thanks.

Edited by heavyduty00

Guest ArtiZ

RLS3 uses this "Switches to smartass governor after boot is done (boots with performance governor)". What if I change the governor to e.g. "ondemand" with the No-frills tool and set "apply on boot", will this override also the "performance" setting during actual boot or just the "smartass" setting after boot?

Guest ZTE_Blade
flb r11 has stagefright enabled, which causes a problem where quadrant values show up at roughly twice their actual level. So, your phone was never actually running at 1000 - 300-500 is the correct reading.

Thank you

Guest geegeethatsme
Hey..I have a few questions before installing this rom since I have never used overclocking..

Does it automatically boot with 650 mhz? what does min 122.8 hz mean? does it go to 122hz when ur not using ur phone?

Also what does smartass governer mean?

Finally will this work with cwm 2.5.1.8 or does it have to be 3+? I don't know how to upgrade my cwm :D

Thanks.

KK's first post states you need CWM 3.n.n.n and provides a link to a topic elsewhere in the forum where you can flash over 2.5.1.8.

The upper and lower clock speeds of 652.8 and 122.88 are just that. So if the processor needs to work faster it can go up to the higher limit (from the stock 600) and when it doesn't need to work so hard e.g. at rest, it can drop to the lower limit (from 245). This should give better performance which is balanced by reduced demand on battery. You can adjust these using the Nofrills app installed in the rom. The governors, of which Smartass is one, are routines run by the OS to manage clock speeds according to phone usage. There's more detail earlier in the forum or available via Google.

Edited by geegeethatsme

Guest Len Ash
Thanks for the help LanceH. Sorry to be so slow but do you mean, unzip the whole file remove the apk's you don't want and then recreate a new zip? Does this get over the issue of not being able to delete from within the zip - which I could do with the FLB roms for some reason. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium.

Also if I still have your attention (for which thanks) could I drop in apk's of my own provided I did not exceed the original file size?

Advice much appreciated.

in a nutshell...

Yep - use 7zip - it always works. Set to .zip not 7z though! You can add and remove apps (apks) as you wish, although some require lib files (like Terminal and Reboot) that the app adds if downloaded from the market, or the Dev adds when building the ROM. For instance, the "Term.apk" app that is often included in ROMs is actually called "jackpal.androidterm.apk" and needs "libandroidterm.so to function. So a Dev would copy jackpal.... to /system/app/ and liband.... to /system/lib/ and it would work when next rebooted. Note that apps can be called anything, the file name is irrelevant, the extension is relevant. You could call "Term.apk" "Brian.apk" if you felt like it.

Most Google apps begin com.xxxxx.apk and if downloaded and installed from the Market will include a serial index at the end as basic revision tracking such as -1, -2 etc. This can be removed if you wish if you "recycle" the app later.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest heavyduty00

what does this do?

Swedish_Spring_RLS3_hw_ui.zip (Addon to enable hardware accellerated UI)

what is hardware accellerated UI mean? So launchers will work faster? Is it worth it to flash this zip since the phone is already oc??

Guest Len Ash
what does this do?

Swedish_Spring_RLS3_hw_ui.zip (Addon to enable hardware accellerated UI)

what is hardware accellerated UI mean? So launchers will work faster? Is it worth it to flash this zip since the phone is already oc??

The jury is still out on HW accel. You either swear by it or swear at it. LOL No-one has ever actually quantified the net effect of it using a control.

Personally, I have never found any reason to enable it. I find LauncherPro (my personal favourite Launcher) subjectively smoother with HW acc off. However, some folk firmly believe that HW accel has drawing speed advantages, and I don't doubt that.

There is also some bolony about battery life being affected adversely with HW accel on; again, no-one has ever objectively quantified this against a control. Ever.

In my view, if you play games, HW accel may be a Good Thing. If not, leave it off.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Superfuzz
In my view, if you play games, HW accel may be a Good Thing. If not, leave it off.

Is turning it off as simple as putting a hw.sf.blahblah=0 on the build.prop file?

Guest Len Ash
Is turning it off as simple as putting a hw.sf.blahblah=0 on the build.prop file?

In build.prop

debug.sf.hw=0 OFF

debug.sf.hw=1 ON

Make sure there are no # (hashes) before debug.... like

# debug.sf.hw=0

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Superfuzz
In build.prop

debug.sf.hw=0 OFF

debug.sf.hw=1 ON

Make sure there are no # (hashes) before debug.... like

# debug.sf.hw=0

Yeah thanks. It messes up LauncherPro pretty bad indeed.

Guest bigfatmalky

I've had this running on my Gen1 TFT Orange SF for a couple of days now (RLS3, no addons) and I'm really pleased with it. Much snappier, battery life as good, or better than the stock ROM, and most importantly I haven't had a random reboot yet, which was becoming a regular occurrence on the stock ROM.

Nice work KK - thanks for bringing us this.

Guest broads
I've had this running on my Gen1 TFT Orange SF for a couple of days now (RLS3, no addons) and I'm really pleased with it. Much snappier, battery life as good, or better than the stock ROM, and most importantly I haven't had a random reboot yet, which was becoming a regular occurrence on the stock ROM.

Nice work KK - thanks for bringing us this.

would it be possible for you or anybody else to upload it again please,dying to try this one but no luck with the download,

Guest broads
would it be possible for you or anybody else to upload it again please,dying to try this one but no luck with the download,

ignore,download working again :D