[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Mikeandme
in a nutshell...

Yep - use 7zip - it always works. Set to .zip not 7z though! You can add and remove apps (apks) as you wish, although some require lib files (like Terminal and Reboot) that the app adds if downloaded from the market, or the Dev adds when building the ROM. For instance, the "Term.apk" app that is often included in ROMs is actually called "jackpal.androidterm.apk" and needs "libandroidterm.so to function. So a Dev would copy jackpal.... to /system/app/ and liband.... to /system/lib/ and it would work when next rebooted. Note that apps can be called anything, the file name is irrelevant, the extension is relevant. You could call "Term.apk" "Brian.apk" if you felt like it.

Most Google apps begin com.xxxxx.apk and if downloaded and installed from the Market will include a serial index at the end as basic revision tracking such as -1, -2 etc. This can be removed if you wish if you "recycle" the app later.

Many thanks LanceH.

Now all I need to do is work out which apk's need lib files and then work out what and where they are! :D

Guest Len Ash
Many thanks LanceH.

Now all I need to do is work out which apk's need lib files and then work out what and where they are! :D

For removal, no matter.

For adding, add the apk and if it doesn't work, something outside the apk is missing! Not too many apks need a seperate lib file(s) though, so chances are quite good. You are unlikely to break anything permanently.

Guest DasYad
Next version will be more stock like. I'll revert the default overclocking and switch back to ondemand governor.

The reason for it is that I've realized that the overclocking method underclocks the camera but you won't notice it with the ondemand governor as it not likely will go above 600MHz when using the camera. The smartass on the other hand is designed to keep maximum repsonivness while awake so it stays at 480MHz most of the time while using camera but once in a while it switches up above 600MHz and then the camera suddenly gets a 30-32% decrease in clockspeed and the screen "flickers".

So it's propably best to keep the default "stock"-like and keep the overclocking and governor change optional.

Thanks Kallt, really appreciate the effort you're going to here as I have no idea how to do all this myself :D

Guest Daimaah

In case Mediafire is acting up, here's Multiupload mirrors for all the files in first post:

Swedish_Spring_RLS3.zip (81.37 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/VMCYLAR0AA

Swedish_Spring_RLS3_ahb_overclocked.zip (6.51 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/X2AXJXVOKE

Swedish_Spring_RLS3_aosp_contacts.zip (6.33 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/X47IC5TSQB

Swedish_Spring_RLS3_blueish_kbd.zip (3.59 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/RV5X28E65K

Swedish_Spring_RLS3_deskclock.zip (338.21 KB) http://www.multiupload.com/LIM6INDBUA

Swedish_Spring_RLS3_hw_ui.zip (163.73 KB) http://www.multiupload.com/9SC0MPUQSQ

Guest Carbonize

@kallt_kaffe does the original rom have the ZTE version of the Touchpal keyboard? If so is there any chance of offering it as a download as I prefer it to all the others.

Guest Superfuzz
@kallt_kaffe does the original rom have the ZTE version of the Touchpal keyboard? If so is there any chance of offering it as a download as I prefer it to all the others.

You can pull it off the zip of some stock rom and install it normally.

Edited by Superfuzz

Guest Paden
in a nutshell...

Yep - use 7zip - it always works. Set to .zip not 7z though! You can add and remove apps (apks) as you wish, although some require lib files (like Terminal and Reboot) that the app adds if downloaded from the market, or the Dev adds when building the ROM. For instance, the "Term.apk" app that is often included in ROMs is actually called "jackpal.androidterm.apk" and needs "libandroidterm.so to function. So a Dev would copy jackpal.... to /system/app/ and liband.... to /system/lib/ and it would work when next rebooted. Note that apps can be called anything, the file name is irrelevant, the extension is relevant. You could call "Term.apk" "Brian.apk" if you felt like it.

@ LanceH

You don't happen to know what the library file name for the reboot apk is?

Had a trawl through /system/lib/ in flb-r10b but found nothing similar.

Cheers, Paul

Edited by Paden

Guest Len Ash
@ LanceH

You don't happen to know what the library file name for the reboot apk is?

Had a trawl through /system/lib/ in flb-r10b but found nothing similar.

Cheers, Paul

No, I have sent a PM to flibblesan to ask that exact question, but he has declined a response. Shame.

Guest Paden
No, I have sent a PM to flibblesan to ask that exact question, but he has declined a response. Shame.

Hey ho, thanks for your quick reply.

Cheers, Paul

Guest shmvn

Hi, can someone give me a quick help please. I have the fibblesans r11 ROM, and want to switch to swedish spring. Do I just have to put the file into sd and install it (not upgrade) or I have to do something before that ? And will anything happen to apps that are moved to sd card?

Thanks a lot

Guest Letoo

Thanks for the ROM it's pretty solid, your hard work is much appreciated. One thing I'd love to have changed tho - the brightness settings, screen on lowest one still shines like hell when in the dark, after few minutes it hurts the eyes. A change in that matter, perhaps optional (since the current settings might fit someone's needs just fine) is much anticipated, I like looking through the phone a bit once in bed before going to sleep :D

Guest geegeethatsme
Hi, can someone give me a quick help please. I have the fibblesans r11 ROM, and want to switch to swedish spring. Do I just have to put the file into sd and install it (not upgrade) or I have to do something before that ? And will anything happen to apps that are moved to sd card?

Thanks a lot

First post makes clear 'no wipe, no whine'. Personally, if I'm changing between different roms I wipe everything and reload apps that I've previously backed up to Titanium. If I'm just upgrading releases of the same rom I'll try without a wipe. That's successful most times but the devs may recommend a wipe if there is a significant change between releases. So in your circumstances I'd do a full wipe. Rebuilding the app set isn't a big job, especially if you've backed them up and have all your market and contact data synced through Google. And of course always take a Nandroid backup in Clockwork as the ultimate fallback.

Guest dazbaz996
I would also like to have the power widget in the notification bar :D

+1 to this

It is very handy to pull down the notification bar and turn on/off wifi etc.

Great rom, switched a couple of days back fro flb 11b.

Guest Smiff2

btw, still no included way to copy/paste a network key! unless i'm being retarded, neither quickoffice nor the text app included can copy? i guess you're all emailing your keys to yourself or something, but we don't all have 3g/data plan..

Edited by Smiff2

Guest MadeInBeats
btw, still no included way to copy/paste a network key! unless i'm being retarded, neither quickoffice nor the text app included can copy? i guess you're all emailing your keys to yourself or something, but we don't all have 3g/data plan..

I read this and thought, um, not tried that yet. I can confirm you are being retarded! I just opened my wifi key in File Editor> long-press white space, press select all text from the menu that pops up, then long press in white space again and press copy.... How easy do you want it to be, son? :D

I would also like to have the power widget in the notification bar

+1 to this

It is very handy to pull down the notification bar and turn on/off wifi etc.

Great rom, switched a couple of days back fro flb 11b.

+1 more to this, that pull down power widget was really useful, could change screen brightness, turn on/off wifi etc.

Now that I have circle battery indicator this power widget is the only thing that is missing to make this perfect ROM... :D

Guest KelticDaz
In Manage applications->All there is Quickoffice in this ROM, but I cannot see any quickoffice icon in home screen?

For info, same here.

Hi guys,

I installed the SS RL3 and while everything is working great, the home button is not working (no action upon pressing it)

I did a full wipe and I have tested the home button both with stock launcher and adw launcher. It is certainly not a hw issue since the button is working on Clockwork mode.

Anyone had the same issue? Any known fix?

Thanks

Guys hasn't anyone faced this issue?

KK is this a bug.

Just to let you know that when testing the home button through the dialer codes (*983*0#) it works.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Guys hasn't anyone faced this issue?

KK is this a bug.

Just to let you know that when testing the home button through the dialer codes (*983*0#) it works.

I know one who had this problem and he had been messing around with the .zip before installing removing stuff he didn't want. He did a complete reinstall with the non-modified package and then it worked again.

I know one who had this problem and he had been messing around with the .zip before installing removing stuff he didn't want. He did a complete reinstall with the non-modified package and then it worked again.

Thanks that solved the problem, strange though because I had only removed some apps.

Guest toge64
+1 more to this, that pull down power widget was really useful, could change screen brightness, turn on/off wifi etc.

Now that I have circle battery indicator this power widget is the only thing that is missing to make this perfect ROM... :D

same, is there a manual way to add this?