[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest andy9876
+1 to this

It is very handy to pull down the notification bar and turn on/off wifi etc.

Great rom, switched a couple of days back fro flb 11b.

+1

I've also come from flb 11b and would find it very handy to have the pull down power widget in the notification bar to turn on/off wifi etc.

Guest jonmac73
What's wrong with just using the power widget on a home screen or even better something like Widgetoid or the excellent Elixir.

Exactly, or if people do want it have it as an additional zip so it can be optional. That way a near stock 2.2 ROM would be achieved.

Don't get me wrong I like mods (have GB theme and circle mod installed) just think the availability of a stock 2.2 rom with optional extras is a better approach.

AM liking this ROM very much BTW.

Guest ballist1x

One thing that i just found out to be really annoying with this rom is this:

When on my phone i try to download CM7 RC4 zip file, the download almost starts and then gives an error message saying that it wont let me download as this is not supported content on the phone..

SO luckily for me i had RC3 downloaded on my SD card, so i had to flash to CM RC3 just to be able to download a new zipped rom file for RC4...

Guest geegeethatsme
Exactly, or if people do want it have it as an additional zip so it can be optional. That way a near stock 2.2 ROM would be achieved.

Don't get me wrong I like mods (have GB theme and circle mod installed) just think the availability of a stock 2.2 rom with optional extras is a better approach.

AM liking this ROM very much BTW.

+1. My home screens are Widgetsoid-ed, Multicon-ed and Clutch-ed to death. Nothing is more than a screen touch away. The notification bar is just that - time, battery state, and event notifications. Pulling the blinds up and down may be aesthetically pleasing but unnecessary IMHO. Everyone uses their phone differently so much better to have it as an option rather than part of the stock rom (which is excellent - despite the progress CM7 is making, I will need some persuading that 2.3 offers material advantage over SS).

Guest styxxx

I am new to this rom. Everything seems to be working fine, except one thing:

Email app doesn't work with exchange 2010 accounts.

And what is it about this hardware accelerated ui thing?

Edited by styxxx

Guest ballist1x
(which is excellent - despite the progress CM7 is making, I will need some persuading that 2.3 offers material advantage over SS).

It does. ive used most roms now, CM7 is by far the best imo even with low battery life and issues that have been an annoyance.

Newbie Question

Think my home button doesn't work.

Single push - phone buzzes but nothing else

Held push - shows recent items

How do i get to the page with all the apps on?

Was on the supplied stock orange rom before flashing this and could sware that pushing the home button did something...? Or was that all bloatware that's now been removed?

Guest finbaar

Had to leave SS last night due to the terrible battery life I was getting. Now back on FLB10b and all is well. Just for the record:

SS RLS3 was giving 30% to 80% "cell standby" in battery use. FLB10b is giving 8%. When I put my Gen 1 OLED Blade running SS RLS3 near a medium wave radio the radio acted like the phone was just about to receive a call (you know the effect - an intermitent buzzing). I could stop this by switching to Airplane mode. So it seems that the Blade is basicaly pumping out a full power signal all the time with SS hence the crap battery life. Hopefully this will be sorted and I can return to SS in the future as everything else was the best I have seen on any ROM to date.

Guest DasYad

Isn't the pull down power widget available as an option within the themes anyway? It was like this for FLB as far as I know, so doesn't seem like any modifications are required to be made to the ROM itself to allow this?

Isn't the pull down power widget available as an option within the themes anyway? It was like this for FLB as far as I know, so doesn't seem like any modifications are required to be made to the ROM itself to allow this?

What we need for that is frankish to wave his magic wand :D

Guest NorthRiding
Had to leave SS last night due to the terrible battery life I was getting. Now back on FLB10b and all is well. Just for the record:

snipped

So it seems that the Blade is basically pumping out a full power signal all the time with SS hence the crap battery life.

snipped

So it seems that YOUR Blade is basically pumping out a full power signal all the time with SS hence the crap battery life.

I certainly don't get this with mine -so far the battery life is much better on SS than FLB10b which I had before SS.

Actually, FLB9 was better than 10 for me and FLB11 was very poor for me and I couldn't install it properly so went back to FLB10. I must say though that the FLB roms have always been smooth and responsive. Will be sticking with this SS for a while until I find SS to be a problem.

By the way, it was well spotted by you to find out what seems to be YOUR problem but it is certainly not applicable to "the" Blade. We all have such different setups and uses that makes it virtually impossible to diagnose what a problem might be but you have certainly done the right thing by pointing it out. Thanks.

Guest Superfuzz
So it seems that YOUR Blade is basically pumping out a full power signal all the time with SS hence the crap battery life.

I certainly don't get this with mine -so far the battery life is much better on SS than FLB10b which I had before SS.

Actually, FLB9 was better than 10 for me and FLB11 was very poor for me and I couldn't install it properly so went back to FLB10. I must say though that the FLB roms have always been smooth and responsive. Will be sticking with this SS for a while until I find SS to be a problem.

By the way, it was well spotted by you to find out what seems to be YOUR problem but it is certainly not applicable to "the" Blade. We all have such different setups and uses that makes it virtually impossible to diagnose what a problem might be but you have certainly done the right thing by pointing it out. Thanks.

Well he might have a point there that is applicable to SSrls3 in general. I don't have battery issues as battery life is roughly the same I had with FLB r10b, but I also get high battery usage from Cell Standby, and as far as I know everyone else does too. Maybe it is a bug of the battery usage indicator (FLB was bugged for sure, that's why it's not easy to come to a conclusion), or maybe the cell is actually draining more battery than it should.

Guest jonmac73
Well he might have a point there that is applicable to SSrls3 in general. I don't have battery issues as battery life is roughly the same I had with FLB r10b, but I also get high battery usage from Cell Standby, and as far as I know everyone else does too. Maybe it is a bug of the battery usage indicator (FLB was bugged for sure, that's why it's not easy to come to a conclusion), or maybe the cell is actually draining more battery than it should.

I agree - it's difficult to confirm based on phone stats, more of a real-world user experience thing.

EG I personally had problems with FLB 11, never tried 10, but 9b worked fine for everything I need & decent battery so would have no problem going back to that.

SS seems to work a lot smoother, so even if battery use is not quite as good it's worth it.

Guest andy9876

I am happy to have a stock 2.2 Rom too, but would like an optional add on the the Power widget in the notification blind.

On an unrelated topic at the same time as moving from flb 11b to SS RLS3. I upgraded my memory from 2gb to 16gb PNY card. I wiped everything and set up ext2 at 500mb. This all works but sometimes the phone will start mounting then unmounting the memory card and then it will stop working. The only way to fix it is to reset the phone by taking the battery out.

Is this the fault of the card, the way I have set up the phone or tempearture as it appears that the failt occurs more when the phone is hot?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Guest Superfuzz
On an unrelated topic at the same time as moving from flb 11b to SS RLS3. I upgraded my memory from 2gb to 16gb PNY card. I wiped everything and set up ext2 at 500mb. This all works but sometimes the phone will start mounting then unmounting the memory card and then it will stop working. The only way to fix it is to reset the phone by taking the battery out.

Is this the fault of the card, the way I have set up the phone or tempearture as it appears that the failt occurs more when the phone is hot?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

It's a known problem and unfortunately your SD is one of "those" cards. You can't do anything about it, except buying another model that works well with Blade. There is a thread about that.

Guest NorthRiding

Just checked mine with AM radio and been right through the frequency range of my AM band with no radiation from my phone at all with everything on (once I turned my router/modem off which was a horrendous noise even from a few feet away).

Regarding battery, just looked at mine and it shows:-

Cell Standby 23% (battery used by cell radio - I assume this means that the phone/radio was looking for a signal - I have moved around a bit in the past 3 hours - surely this can't be avoided and of course if one has a poor/poorish signal and switches from in my case, Orange to TMobile and back again - yes, even in my house, then it will use more than if it had a solid mobile signal?

WiFi 22%

Phone Idle 19%

Android OS 11%

Android system 11%

Display 4%

Dialler 3% (although I haven't dialled anything or anyone??)

Zeam 2%(My launcher)

wpa supplicant 2% (whatever that is??)

Digital Clock Widget 2% (I am always looking at the phone to find out the time - no watch!!)

BatteryMinder 2% (this is what I use to show me battery details and to let me know when it is going flat if I don't notice)

Not sure if that adds up to 100% but it is more or less correct - might be my typing if there is an error?

Pretty pleased with that useage and it is on 70% overall at the moment having been taken off charge at about 8am (that's about 6 hours and I have been re-booting, installing apps, sending files and emails and generally "playing with it" for most of that time (except for 2 trips of 4 miles total in the car). I also have everything switched on, wifi, cellphonesignal, bluetooth, satty, sync for google calendar/email/contacts.

Hope this is of some use to someone with a little more technical knowhow and experience.

Guest geonik
+1, just lost about 30% over night. No wifi turned on, 2G only, no widgets except for the Power management one. Spare parts doesn't show anything interesting.

I have the exact same problem.

The phone in sleep mode, in the same position, no wifi nor gps nor bt, in 2G mode, no calls or sms or browsing at all, and no active applications, and from 100% with wipe battery in 17 hours consumed 60%!!! Again in sleep mode all the time!!

How can I uninstall the addons...?

Guest finbaar

I thought that it was pretty obvious that I was saying it was MY BLADE that had the issue. Why underline? Don't be like that.

Anyhow - SS RLS3 is draining the battery very rapidly - you can see it counting down when compared to FLB 10b under the same conditions. Others have seen the same thing. And no the phone is not searching for a signal.

Guest NorthRiding
I thought that it was pretty obvious that I was saying it was MY BLADE that had the issue. Why underline? Don't be like that.

Anyhow - SS RLS3 is draining the battery very rapidly - you can see it counting down when compared to FLB 10b under the same conditions. Others have seen the same thing. And no the phone is not searching for a signal.

Sorry finbaar, didn't mean it to sound haughty and I wasn't trying to be a smartarse or otherwise. No offence intended. I just thought you were saying that the fault you had found was the reason that all Blades were draining the battery and I just wanted to say that I had checked and couldn't find the same problem in mine.

I wonder what the "Cell standby" -"Battery used by cell radio" is if it isn't using power "looking for a signal"?

I always understood that if one was in an area with a marginal signal, a phone would use more power trying to find a better signal - perhaps this is just when using the Orange/TMobile setup? In my house I get an Orange signal which is mediocre and I get a T mobile signal which is a little better and I also get a combined "Orange/Tmobile" signal (which is the one I normally use/select/register on when at home) which is much better/stronger (more bars showing) than either of the others although they do all work.

Guest eucurto

This ROM is even better than JJ9 or FLB. More stable, fast, excellent battery life, etc. You people want to have this perception too? So just FUC&$%# WIPE EVERYTHING!! :D

Love the work of this devs. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Guest dadashi

I first bought three SFs for me and the kids back in September last year.

Before we started using them I fully charged all three, unlocked them and left them on standby for about ten days with standard 2.1 orange rom to test for any failures....and they actually stayed charged over a week!!

It was so surprising, every day I checked them there was hardly any battery loss...

later de-orangated 2.1 roms were still pretty good....

with the 2.2 roms the battery is a bigger issue, I'm pleased if I get through from morning till night without the mains...but I'm ok with that, its what to expect with any smartphone/iphone on the market...

Guest stefanokan
I first bought three SFs for me and the kids back in September last year.

Before we started using them I fully charged all three, unlocked them and left them on standby for about ten days with standard 2.1 orange rom to test for any failures....and they actually stayed charged over a week!!

It was so surprising, every day I checked them there was hardly any battery loss...

later de-orangated 2.1 roms were still pretty good....

with the 2.2 roms the battery is a bigger issue, I'm pleased if I get through from morning till night without the mains...but I'm ok with that, its what to expect with any smartphone/iphone on the market...

Did you try to leave it on standby with Froyo ROMs?

It seems strange so much difference between the two versions, but you're not the only one.

I suppose there's something still "on" also when the phone is in standby.

But it depends on a particular configuration because not all people has this issue.

I think it's not easy to find the bug, perhaps the people that has this issue should describe his configuration in order to find a common point to focalise the attention.

Edited by stefanokan