[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest spinozagr

I've installed the SS3 ROM. It's so nice!

I also installed the •Swedish_Spring_RLS3_hw_ui.zip, but know i want disable it. How can I do that?

Do i need to flash the ROM again?

Will I loose any settings-stuff I 've set and installed till now?

Thanks

Edited by spinozagr

Guest Smiff2

y'all are right that Widgetsoid 2.x can do the "buttons in notification bar" thing.. but jesus it's complicated!

and i apologise for being too retarded to copy with the included text editor..

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Mikeandme
No, I have sent a PM to flibblesan to ask that exact question, but he has declined a response. Shame.

This was in response to a question about finding the Reboot apk in FLB r10 I think.

If you look in FLB r11 or FLB r11b there is a Reboot.apk in there. Haven't tried it myself but it seems a bit of a coincidence!

Guest Hkguy

i am using Gen2, i have downloaded all the correct files but when i go to recovery manager to install firmware, it just keep telling i have to install a custom recovery before you can install a new firmware, what"s wrong with it?can anyone help me?

Guest finbaar
Sorry finbaar, didn't mean it to sound haughty and I wasn't trying to be a smartarse or otherwise. No offence intended. I just thought you were saying that the fault you had found was the reason that all Blades were draining the battery and I just wanted to say that I had checked and couldn't find the same problem in mine.

I wonder what the "Cell standby" -"Battery used by cell radio" is if it isn't using power "looking for a signal"?

I always understood that if one was in an area with a marginal signal, a phone would use more power trying to find a better signal - perhaps this is just when using the Orange/TMobile setup? In my house I get an Orange signal which is mediocre and I get a T mobile signal which is a little better and I also get a combined "Orange/Tmobile" signal (which is the one I normally use/select/register on when at home) which is much better/stronger (more bars showing) than either of the others although they do all work.

Northriding - sorry mate I was being a bit touchy after a bad day at work and read your reply and reacted badly.

The way different ROMs effect battery performance on different phones is baffling. It seems what is good for one is not for another. I think we are lucky though to have so many to choose from as if one does not suite you can always switch.

Guest dazbaz996
Exactly, or if people do want it have it as an additional zip so it can be optional. That way a near stock 2.2 ROM would be achieved.

Don't get me wrong I like mods (have GB theme and circle mod installed) just think the availability of a stock 2.2 rom with optional extras is a better approach.

AM liking this ROM very much BTW.

I would certainly agree with your approach with the optional extras and keeping the rom as near to stock as possible, this would produce a very stable rom. That said RLS3 has been rock solid for me since I installed a couple of days ago, I am very happy with it.

I installed quicksettings from the market and enabled the icon in the notification bar, for me, this works very well.

Guest zx-9r

Hi!

Has a launch date for RLS4 been announced yet?

I don't know if instalall RLS3 already or stick with FLB10 until SS RLS4 is available.

Does this rom includes HTC IME, as JJ does? for me it's the best keyboard.

Thanks

Guest Len Ash
Hi!

Has a launch date for RLS4 been announced yet?

I don't know if instalall RLS3 already or stick with FLB10 until SS RLS4 is available.

Does this rom includes HTC IME, as JJ does? for me it's the best keyboard.

Thanks

Who knows?

What is flb missing that you need?

Yes

Guest redandr

Could anyone who's using RLS3 install CSipSimple? Stable version from the market or the latest night build, I always get the issue: not enough memory (of course it's actually not the case) :D

On FLB11 the program worked as it should.

Guest Poodha
I first bought three SFs for me and the kids back in September last year.

Before we started using them I fully charged all three, unlocked them and left them on standby for about ten days with standard 2.1 orange rom to test for any failures....and they actually stayed charged over a week!!

It was so surprising, every day I checked them there was hardly any battery loss...

later de-orangated 2.1 roms were still pretty good....

with the 2.2 roms the battery is a bigger issue, I'm pleased if I get through from morning till night without the mains...but I'm ok with that, its what to expect with any smartphone/iphone on the market...

Did you have a SIM in those phones? Cause that could make a world of difference.

I also noticed that the phone barely drains any battery(at most 1-2percent) when I'm sleeping. The moment I start fiddling with it that's when the phone uses up juice. So if I just left it alone and kept it sleeping all the time, I could imagine it lasting for a very long time.

Edited by Poodha

Guest Ronam
+1

I've also come from flb 11b and would find it very handy to have the pull down power widget in the notification bar to turn on/off wifi etc.

power control plus has a function,add widget to notification bar.try it with the older versions

Guest anewman

Previously made a post about wifi, in the end swapped over the router and all problems gone there. Have massive battery drain issues but went straight from stock to this rom. I may try the earlier one and see if I get an improvement. Needing to charge during the day is not much fun. In battery use I get:

Cell standby 53%

Wi-fi 16%

Display 10%

Phone idle 10%

Maps 5%

Android system 3%

GiffGaff network, orange SF.

Guest apuk2004

Posted earlier to say my OSF was locking up when running SS RLS3 due to the 652mhz default O/C

I've reinstalled RL3 and set it to 600mhz in the no-frills CPU Control software and so far its been fine and performs well.

I really like SS RL2 & RL3 but hope that RL4 gets rid of any default overlocking (by all means keep the software tho)

Also can you get rid of the original FM Radio and maybe the original Stopwatch too. Thanks :D

power control plus has a function,add widget to notification bar.try it with the older versions
not good this power control plus, if I press some power control icons in notification bar it just closes notification bar and widget is in the middle of screen and then you can make actions with those buttons. It's little bit annoing...

Going to wait if someone manages to make that 0x90 mod style power controls to notification bar.

Edited by M1kz

Guest Gigahurtz

Great work, keep going it's very much appreciated. Since moving from RLS2 to RLS3 my battery drains very quickly when not even using anything. RLS2 and FLB r11b do not do this. Hope this can be sorted out in RLS4.

Guest dadashi
Did you have a SIM in those phones? Cause that could make a world of difference.

I also noticed that the phone barely drains any battery(at most 1-2percent) when I'm sleeping. The moment I start fiddling with it that's when the phone uses up juice. So if I just left it alone and kept it sleeping all the time, I could imagine it lasting for a very long time.

with sims of course....we actually used the orange prepaid sims instead of flinging them away

Guest NorthRiding
Regarding battery, just looked at mine and it shows:-

Cell Standby 23% (battery used by cell radio - I assume this means that the phone/radio was looking for a signal - I have moved around a bit in the past 3 hours - surely this can't be avoided and of course if one has a poor/poorish signal and switches from in my case, Orange to TMobile and back again - yes, even in my house, then it will use more than if it had a solid mobile signal?

WiFi 22%

Phone Idle 19%

Android OS 11%

Android system 11%

Display 4%

Dialler 3% (although I haven't dialled anything or anyone??)

Zeam 2%(My launcher)

wpa supplicant 2% (whatever that is??)

Digital Clock Widget 2% (I am always looking at the phone to find out the time - no watch!!)

BatteryMinder 2% (this is what I use to show me battery details and to let me know when it is going flat if I don't notice)

Last night's use overnight - as shown by batteryminder stats

10pm Left my OSF with wifi/bluetooth/cellradio/sync etc all on. Battery showing 84%

730am All still on (including wifi using Advanced wifi lock. Battery showing 51% with 6hrs 47min remaining - last unplugged 2100

Cell Standby 24% (battery used by cell radio

WiFi 23%

Phone Idle 23%

Android OS 2%

Android system nil

Display nil

Dialler nil

Zeam nil (My launcher)

wpa supplicant nil

Digital Clock Widget nil

BatteryMinder nil

I am quite happy with this sort of usage.

There was some sync, some email activity and some sms activity, other than that, it was sitting there with the screen off, everything else "on".

Hope this is of some interest and use to someone with battery problems.

Guest MidaMilunk

Anyone having problems with the light sensor? For me it only works from the installation until I reboot the phone for the first time. After that I have to "trigger" it somehow, like going to the system test menu (*ZTE*0#) or starting Titanium Backup f.e... (this one I have just invented - since I an currently using a slightly modified Hungarian version without ZTE Phone application; but this happens the very same when using the original ROM from this very topic) .

Sensor applications can read the sensor value, values also looks fine, but the system light intensity just does not follow the ambient one.

Anyway, I consider this one (and also RLS2, where I have experienced some BT audio problems anyway) the best ROM I have ever used (I have used almost all "FLB"s from january, and also the RCs, or nightlys from the CM7 line), but this problem have not raised ever before!

I have also experienced a complete freeze with the original RLS3/hwui/overclock, I also have not seen ever before, but I currently consider this one a measurement error :D

Guest Ralph Martin
Could anyone who's using RLS3 install CSipSimple? Stable version from the market or the latest night build, I always get the issue: not enough memory (of course it's actually not the case) :D

On FLB11 the program worked as it should.

Yes. I had it on JJ9, and the Market installed automatically when I moved to SS3. It works OK.

Guest ZTE_Blade
I may get around to porting my current theme list to this if there is large enough demand. I'm quite busy with the little lady in my life but i do get a bit of time still so i could get it done within a couple of days :D

default theme with battery percentage would be awesome B)

Guest targetbsp
Also can you get rid of the original FM Radio and maybe the original Stopwatch too. Thanks :D

You can do that yourself in Titanium. Just go to backup/restore click on any system app you don't want and click uninstall

Guest kar999

Sorry to be a noob .. so please bear with me . I have tried searching but not found the answers though I’m sure they are buried in a thread somewhere.

I’ve just moved from Fibs r11b. I found the reboot.apk in his zip file and copied it to my SD card but it won’t let me install it using Astro, Filer or ES File Explorer. What is the procedure for installing this into this SS Rom please?

I also found the notification tone “incoming.wav” and moved that to the SD card as well. If I click on it, it lets me set it as a ringtone, and it worked, but I want it in notifications. I’ve tried to cut and paste through Astro and can “drill” upwards to get to /system/media/audio/notifications but it won’t let me paste.

The basic underlying issue is how can I incorporate/amend the Rom? If there is an FAQ then I apologise in advance but I’d be most grateful if someone could point me in the right direction please.

With regard to battery issues I got excellent performance out of r11b. I recalibrated the battery after installing this Rom and I always check no none essential apps etc. are running at night after a full charge. SS this morning was still at 100% after 8 hours asleep and is still at 98% after checking a few basic things this morning so it looks promising.

I had noticed “DUN Service” was running last night but I killed it off. I’m not sure what that was?

Thanks.

Guest mkzee

BATTERY LIFE (Worst -> Good)

I moved to SS RLS3 from JJ RL9. JJ was brilliant with battery life but I installed HW Acc addon which started draining my battery too quickly. Instead of playing with JJ and removing HW ACC I moved to SS RLS3 but had same problem for 5 days. I was leaving my phone over night with full battery and in the morning only 10% was left most of the time with standy time over 80%. Yesterday! I changed CPU speed back to 600Mhz because bydefault it was something 674Mhz and since yesterday 16PM till now (11 AM) it is dropped only 20%.

So, setting CPU speed did the trick for me. This is already one of the suggested solutions to improve battery life but i thought i should share my experience.

Guest Superfuzz
I’ve just moved from Fibs r11b. I found the reboot.apk in his zip file and copied it to my SD card but it won’t let me install it using Astro, Filer or ES File Explorer. What is the procedure for installing this into this SS Rom please?

No solution for that yet. Afaik flibblesan denied to give info on that matter.

I also found the notification tone “incoming.wav” and moved that to the SD card as well. If I click on it, it lets me set it as a ringtone, and it worked, but I want it in notifications. I’ve tried to cut and paste through Astro and can “drill” upwards to get to /system/media/audio/notifications but it won’t let me paste.

You need something like Root Explorer.

Edited by Superfuzz

Guest conhen

Hi, I seem to have a problem with wifi that I can't find an answer to.

I installedrls3 yesterday and everything worked. Because I need to manually set the APN's for my provider, I needed to synchronize with google through wifi, and that worked. Since the first reboot however wifi is simply not connecting. It tries scanning for networks, comes up with none and gives a message that scanning is not possible. Then it just disables wifi alltogether... I've been using different flb roms lately, and never had a wifi problem...

Is this a known problem that I am overlooking, or is it something else...?

Thanks!