[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Tom_D

I'm having trouble getting Spotify to work with this ROM. When I try to download Spotify from the market place, the download fails. I went to the Spotify website and they provided me with a link that I can use to download Spotify directly from my phone browser, it does actually download when but I try to open it I get the following error message:

'The application Spotify (process com.spotify.mobile.andrioid.ui) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.'

How can I fix this? Is it the ROM that's not compatible with Spotify?

Cheers

Guest wookie16081965
Sorry to be a noob .. so please bear with me . I have tried searching but not found the answers though I’m sure they are buried in a thread somewhere.

I’ve just moved from Fibs r11b. I found the reboot.apk in his zip file and copied it to my SD card but it won’t let me install it using Astro, Filer or ES File Explorer. What is the procedure for installing this into this SS Rom please?

I also found the notification tone “incoming.wav” and moved that to the SD card as well. If I click on it, it lets me set it as a ringtone, and it worked, but I want it in notifications. I’ve tried to cut and paste through Astro and can “drill” upwards to get to /system/media/audio/notifications but it won’t let me paste.

The basic underlying issue is how can I incorporate/amend the Rom? If there is an FAQ then I apologise in advance but I’d be most grateful if someone could point me in the right direction please.

With regard to battery issues I got excellent performance out of r11b. I recalibrated the battery after installing this Rom and I always check no none essential apps etc. are running at night after a full charge. SS this morning was still at 100% after 8 hours asleep and is still at 98% after checking a few basic things this morning so it looks promising.

I had noticed “DUN Service” was running last night but I killed it off. I’m not sure what that was?

Thanks.

place your wav or mp3 in notifications folder then go into settings >sound settings >notifications and pick the one you want thats asll i did hope i helped

Guest gazzman
I'm having trouble getting Spotify to work with this ROM. When I try to download Spotify from the market place, the download fails. I went to the Spotify website and they provided me with a link that I can use to download Spotify directly from my phone browser, it does actually download when but I try to open it I get the following error message:

'The application Spotify (process com.spotify.mobile.andrioid.ui) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.'

How can I fix this? Is it the ROM that's not compatible with Spotify?

Cheers

I installed this ROM yesterday and was just able to install Spotify from the market. I opened it and signed in ok, it then informed my I don't have premium so can't use spotify mobile.

I also noticed this on the spotify website, note sure if it helps.

* Having problems installing from the Market? If so, from your Android phone, go to Settings > Applications and check the box called Unknown sources. Then, using the phone’s browser, go to m.spotify.com and use the option manual install. Hope that does the trick.

Guest rak007

I am also of the opinion to make a ROM as close to the stock as possible. every other thing can be provided in separate zip to be added by an individual user as per need. I am also a battery drain issue victim

Guest andy9876

QUOTE(andy9876 @ Mar 31 2011, 16:03)

On an unrelated topic at the same time as moving from flb 11b to SS RLS3. I upgraded my memory from 2gb to 16gb PNY card. I wiped everything and set up ext2 at 500mb. This all works but sometimes the phone will start mounting then unmounting the memory card and then it will stop working. The only way to fix it is to reset the phone by taking the battery out.

Is this the fault of the card, the way I have set up the phone or tempearture as it appears that the failt occurs more when the phone is hot?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

It's a known problem and unfortunately your SD is one of "those" cards. You can't do anything about it, except buying another model that works well with Blade. There is a thread about that.

Interstingly when I reset all settings to default: CPU to Max 600/Min 245 ondemand and VMHeap to 24. It has worked faultlessly (so far!). Is this a coincidence or is the memory card access effected by these settings?

Guest realkeule
I had similar issue, i tried twice by selecting 600Mhz, smartass and "apply on boot" option. Phone was halted on lock screen when i turned on the phone and after few seconds it was restarted automatically. Unlocking it was showing me an error from No-Frills that CPU setting was not applied successfully. I then took the battery out, turned it on, applied 600 Mhz without selecting "apply on boot" and applied the settings. Restarted it manually and I could see a big difference in battery life which I mentioned earlier.

i think smartas didnt work correct. i can only use it with 652mhz. but i can use other governors up to 702mhz with no probs...

Guest Balion

Hi all, n1 rom. Just moved 3 days ago from FLB to SS rsl3, overall i'm happy but i have problems with wlan reconnect. on FLB wlan reconnect working REALLY god, works every time. Here it doesn't seems to reconnect at all oO? Have anyone this problem to?

ps. yes i did a full wipe

pps. maybe its a problem with eduroam (802.1X Network) on my uni. i spend most my day their. dont have other "normal" wlans i can test in the moment.

Edited by Balion

Guest geonik
I have the exact same problem.

The phone in sleep mode, in the same position, no wifi nor gps nor bt, in 2G mode, no calls or sms or browsing at all, and no active applications, and from 100% with wipe battery in 17 hours consumed 60%!!! Again in sleep mode all the time!!

Cell standby 50%

Phone Idle 49%

How can I uninstall the addons...?

I fully charged the phone yesterday, and left the phone for 18 hours in airplane mode.

The battery consumed only 1% of battery!

So the battery is good..

I changed no frills to 600Mhz.

Any other suggestions?

Guest stefanokan
I am also of the opinion to make a ROM as close to the stock as possible. every other thing can be provided in separate zip to be added by an individual user as per need. I am also a battery drain issue victim

I absolutely agree with you!

Guest heavyduty00

i installed the rom and wifi was working fine, but suddenly i am getting random fc and my wifi doesnt work...my 3g works though.

I think it is because of my oc, ( i went to 750 ish to test it out but it crashed) however i changed it back to normal 600mhz max and min, and i now have fc (such as google services framework crashed whenever i update my apps on market) and wifi cant connect ( i turn it on, then it automatically turns off)

I tried rebooting but wifi still doesnt work...can anyone help me?

Edited by heavyduty00

Guest heavyduty00
RLS4 in first post, no need to wipe. Will add more info when I get time but the important parts are in the first post.

thanks, downloading it now :D

Guest Oyorf

I just installed RLS3 and have a problem that I can not install programs from market. There will be this arrow symbol for downloading for couple of seconds but then it disappears and nothing will happen. Anyone else have this problem? I wiped cache, dalvik and did factory reset.

I will now try to put RLS4.

Edited by Oyorf

Guest dibbles
Silly question but is rls4 built on the official Comviq and TeliaSonera phones 2.2?

Not a silly question but you could read the very top of the first post :D

(This is a custom ROM based on the CSE_P729VV1.0.0B01 (Official Comviq/Tele2 Sweden 2.2 ROM). - I assume it applies for this latest release as well.

@kallt_kaffe

Any chance of the MD5's for the new release please, when you have the chance B)

Edited by dibbles

Guest Smiff2

if we were stable with RLS3 we might as well stick, right? not sure without a full changelog.

edit: what's all this fuss about md5s? a corrupt zip won't let you unzip, surely?

Edited by Smiff2

RLS4 in first post, no need to wipe. Will add more info when I get time but the important parts are in the first post.

Please can you paste the MD5 checksums.

Thanks.

Guest moesasji
Hi all, n1 rom. Just moved 3 days ago from FLB to SS rsl3, overall i'm happy but i have problems with wlan reconnect. on FLB wlan reconnect working REALLY god, works every time. Here it doesn't seems to reconnect at all oO? Have anyone this problem to?

ps. yes i did a full wipe

pps. maybe its a problem with eduroam (802.1X Network) on my uni. i spend most my day their. dont have other "normal" wlans i can test in the moment.

Just for information. I have both my home WLAN as well as eduroam working fine with SS rsl3. So far my impression is that WLAN works better for me than under FLB (at least the annoying problems of losing phone-signal is gone).

ps) I assume you've downloaded a CA certificate from you uni to make 802.1X work?

Guest NorthRiding
if we were stable with RLS3 we might as well stick, right? not sure without a full changelog.

Just flashed RLS4 and all very smooth and working so far. Just tested satty/wifi/miren browser/email/contacts/sms etc and all appears to be fine.

Have gone into "extra settings" and unchecked HW UI, rebooted and all is running very smoothly at first run.

Looks like a winner so far.

Guest Satsuki15
I just installed RLS3 and have a problem that I can not install programs from market. There will be this arrow symbol for downloading for couple of seconds but then it disappears and nothing will happen. Anyone else have this problem? I wiped cache, dalvik and did factory reset.

I will now try to put RLS4.

The same problem

Downloading RLS4 now

Guest Oyorf
The same problem

Downloading RLS4 now

RLS4 not helped me. Just can not download any apps. If i try to downlaod something. This arrow is there like 4 seconds and go away. If I drag down statusbar I can see that there is download bar and it's kind of flashing and then it will disappear.

Will try CM7 and then go back to FLB rom.

Edited by Oyorf

Guest Smiff2
Just flashed RLS4 and all very smooth and working so far. Just tested satty/wifi/miren browser/email/contacts/sms etc and all appears to be fine.

Have gone into "extra settings" and unchecked HW UI, rebooted and all is running very smoothly at first run.

Looks like a winner so far.

i don't doubt that R4 works, but is it any better than R3 (if R3 was stable for you etc.) ?