[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

RLS4 not helped me. Just can not download any apps. If i try to downlaod something. This arrow is there like 4 seconds and go away. If I drag down statusbar I can see that there is download bar and it's kind of flashing and then it will disappear.

Will try CM7 and then go back to FLB rom.

are you on the partition mod ?

in which case you would need to flash the cache zip after each rom install

Guest css771

For people not able to download stuff from the market after flashing rls4, you have most probably modded partitions using wbaw's mod. You have to flash the cache2tmpfs workaround again.

Guest beebaakid
Just flashed RLS4 and all very smooth and working so far. Just tested satty/wifi/miren browser/email/contacts/sms etc and all appears to be fine.

Have gone into "extra settings" and unchecked HW UI, rebooted and all is running very smoothly at first run.

Looks like a winner so far.

sorry to sound like a noob but where is extra settings .... cheers.

Guest Oyorf
are you on the partition mod ?

in which case you would need to flash the cache zip after each rom install

Thanks, this must be it. I'm indeed using partition mod. Just forgot that cache file.

Guest Satsuki15
RLS4 not helped me. Just can not download any apps. If i try to downlaod something. This arrow is there like 4 seconds and go away. If I drag down statusbar I can see that there is download bar and it's kind of flashing and then it will disappear.

The same problem with RLS3&4, Wipe Data, No Modded Partitions, HW on, AOSP Dailer.

The download arrow will go away in few seconds, I need cancel & restart the download 2-3 times for market apps

Guest NorthRiding
i don't doubt that R4 works, but is it any better than R3 (if R3 was stable for you etc.) ?

Seems a bit smoother but really just the same.

Main problem I had with SS rls3 after using flb10 was that my wifi kept going to sleep with the screen which it hadn't done for weeks with flb (i had blade wifi fix with both but was using RegPon also which seemed to keep it alive all the time whenever I wanted it to - bit of a pain in that I had to re-set Regpon to "on" after a reboot but otherwise it stayed on all the time except when I switched wifi off (with the Regpon "link with wifi on/off" selected). Worked fine in flb9 and 10 but wifi disabled a few times on SS3.

Haven't lost wifi with R4 yet but it is very early days. Will leave it on all night and see what happens.

Other than that (which was your real question) - there is no apparent difference but I am happier that there is no "tweaking" of cpu/etc.

Guest NorthRiding
sorry to sound like a noob but where is extra settings .... cheers.

Shows up as an app with all the other apps = called "extra settings"

Guest swordtail

Installed RLS 4 everything works except sms messages anybody else found this I've installed the rom twice but still the same.

Guest Nick Rhodes

I put RLS4 on after a data and cache wipe.

No problems with WiFi, sleeping when it should, needs Blade fix as always.

No problems with the market.

Sending and receiving SMS working fine.

Cheers, Nick

is RLS4 overclocked out the box,cause i done fresh install,complete wipe,yet in setcpu i can overclock without the add on ?

Also,i am stable at 748 so far

edit: after reboot clock speed returned to default,must be something to do with titanium backup of setcpu.

fresh install,now not showing overclock.

Not that it matters cause now going to flash overclock zip. lol

Edited by Guest

Guest swordtail
I put RLS4 on after a data and cache wipe.

No problems with WiFi, sleeping when it should, needs Blade fix as always.

No problems with the market.

Sending and receiving SMS working fine.

Cheers, Nick

I'll try a full wipe then see if that does it cheers

edit sorted now :D

Edited by swordtail

is RLS4 overclocked out the box,cause i done fresh install,complete wipe,yet in setcpu i can overclock without the add on ?

The kernel is overclockable, but it is not overclocked from the start.

Guest Mikeandme

Many thanks Kalt_Kaffe

My initial reaction to RLS4 (you might like to call it RLS4 rather than RLS3 in the first post and add checksums) is favourable.

As you have chosen not included a power widget in or enhanced battery monitor in the status bar would you or anyone else like to suggest how best to do this.

Thanks again you are doing us proud.

Guest shifter101
The phone will need to be unlocked BEFORE you can use any SIM other than the Orange one supplied. Installing the ROM will not unlock the phone.

Flashed this ROM to a my brand new san fran that replaced my old one that was rececently stolen and I did not need to unlock it. Just flashed it and stuck my replacement giffgaff sim in and it worked straight away. Is this normal? The phone was bought brand new from Argos.

Roms working great was using Japanese jelly fish on the old one that got stollen this is running a lot smoother.

Cheers

Matt

Guest shifter101
No the ROM will not unlock the phone but also it will not check if the phone is locked (small hack made in Phone.apk) so it won't matter if the phone is unlocked or not. This is not the case in all ROMs though so unlocking is a good idea anyway (and free).

ah I see so if i ever move from this rom ill need to get it unlocked? Cant see any reason to move away from it atm its working great very happy with it :D

thanks again B)

Matt

Guest StevenHarperUK
Installed Swedish_Spring_RLS4_ahb_overclocked.zip but still says RLS3 in About Phone and no Extra Settings app.

Anyone else confirm this?

Guest NorthRiding
Installed RLS 4 everything works except sms messages anybody else found this I've installed the rom twice but still the same.

Just checked it - works fine for me (using GOSMS pro)

Sent and got notification of delivery (plus a reply)

Guest NorthRiding
Anyone else confirm this?

Mine says Swedish Spring RLS4 and I have a "Extra Settings" app. Just flashed RLS4 over RLS3.

Edited by NorthRiding

Guest whatcolour
Installed Swedish_Spring_RLS4_ahb_overclocked.zip but still says RLS3 in About Phone and no Extra Settings app.

Swedish_Spring_RLS4_ahb_overclocked.zip???

shouldn't you flash Swedish_Spring_RLS4.zip to upgrade!

Guest StevenHarperUK
Swedish_Spring_RLS4_ahb_overclocked.zip???

shouldn't you flash Swedish_Spring_RLS4.zip to upgrade!

ahhh good spot

Yes the Swedish_Spring_RLS4.zip is the ROM

Swedish_Spring_RLS4_ahb_overclocked.zip - is the Addon

Guest Carbonize

Ah my bad. I thought it was just a version of RLS4 with the overclocking already done.

Edited by Carbonize

Guest kallt_kaffe
This happens when the contacts database is not compatible with the SMS app. The contacts database format differs wether you use aosp contacts or not. Try clearing the data for all the contacts apps and let it resync the contacts. A full wipe should also fix it.