[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Bigbyte.me

My phone felt little sluggish after I upgraded to RLs3 last week from Flb r10b. Did a full wipe before installation.

Downloading SS Rls4 now, hoping it solves the problem.

Guest kgian

I had SS RLS 3 and had problems with battery draining. Yesterday night I left the phone on 51% in airplane mode and today morning it was 14%. Before that I had JJ RLS 8 and was getting 3,5 days of (light) use.

I believe it has something to do with the radio. Sometimes when I plug in the hands free and go in the radio app it is open and starts playing immediately, even though that when I have finished with it I always turn it off with the (in app) power button and exit with the home button.

Now I flashed with RLS 4 and will see if this makes any difference. I just flashed over RLS 3 (when I flashed fromm JJ to SS of course I did a full system/cache wipe).

Guest Len Ash
I had SS RLS 3 and had problems with battery draining. Yesterday night I left the phone on 51% in airplane mode and today morning it was 14%. Before that I had JJ RLS 8 and was getting 3,5 days of (light) use.

I believe it has something to do with the radio. Sometimes when I plug in the hands free and go in the radio app it is open and starts playing immediately, even though that when I have finished with it I always turn it off with the (in app) power button and exit with the home button.

Now I flashed with RLS 4 and will see if this makes any difference. I just flashed over RLS 3 (when I flashed fromm JJ to SS of course I did a full system/cache wipe).

You won't notice any difference. The RDS Radio app, once running, will kill the battery in any ROM. Even if closed. You need to kill it manually.

Guest panosfx

If I have rls3 with aosp_contacts I need to do a full wipe before I install rls4 with aosp_contacts?

Edit:I can't download aosp_contacts.zip

Edited by panosfx

Guest kgian
You won't notice any difference. The RDS Radio app, once running, will kill the battery in any ROM. Even if closed. You need to kill it manually.

You sound so sure that this is the problem. I hope it is so as this is driving me nuts!

Guest andy9876
QUOTE(andy9876 @ Mar 31 2011, 16:03)

On an unrelated topic at the same time as moving from flb 11b to SS RLS3. I upgraded my memory from 2gb to 16gb PNY card. I wiped everything and set up ext2 at 500mb. This all works but sometimes the phone will start mounting then unmounting the memory card and then it will stop working. The only way to fix it is to reset the phone by taking the battery out.

Is this the fault of the card, the way I have set up the phone or tempearture as it appears that the failt occurs more when the phone is hot?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Interstingly when I reset all settings to default: CPU to Max 600/Min 245 ondemand and VMHeap to 24. It has worked faultlessly (so far!). Is this a coincidence or is the memory card access effected by these settings?

It's a coincidence, the card is still misbehaving!

Guest eFfeM

Thanks alot for the new rom.

btw the link for Swedish_Spring_RLS4_aosp_contacts.zip seems to be wrong. it gives the std mediafire page

FM

Guest Len Ash
KK can you check please the file Swedish_Spring_RLS4_aosp_contacts.zip?

It's not hosting at mediafire

Can you reupload it?

Use the RLS3 one

Guest Toldo

I noticed that my Blade has a problem with installing large apps. I tried Guerilla Bob (about 28mb), Jet Car Stunts (about 19mb) and a few others in size larger than 18mb and the phone after a few seconds of installing makes a reboot. Of course the app is not installed. I have a 700mb ext on my SD, also there is more than 100mb free in the phone memory, and about 300mb on sdcard beside the ext. Any ideas?

Guest Superfuzz
I noticed that my Blade has a problem with installing large apps. I tried Guerilla Bob (about 28mb), Jet Car Stunts (about 19mb) and a few others in size larger than 18mb and the phone after a few seconds of installing makes a reboot. Of course the app is not installed. I have a 700mb ext on my SD, also there is more than 100mb free in the phone memory, and about 300mb on sdcard beside the ext. Any ideas?

When your phone "reboots" like that it most likely means the app is not supported. For example I know that Guerilla Bobb doesn't support ARMv6 cpu.

Guest Toldo
When your phone "reboots" like that it most likely means the app is not supported. For example I know that Guerilla Bobb doesn't support ARMv6 cpu.

Well, I heard it's kinda working on CM7... But you may be right.

Guest Superfuzz

That's funny, I ran Nena benchamrk last night with rls3 and HW-ui off and got 22 fps, now I just installed rls4 which has HW-ui on and I got 17 fps. Seems like overclocking helps performance much more than HW-ui.

Guest Carbonize

Definitely something draining the battery. When I went to bed my battery was at 100 but when I got up 9 hours later it was down to 80. I looked at Battery Usage and it says Cell Standby 50% Phone Idle 49% so I'll take a gamble and say something is using the radio a lot.

BTW what is com.android.qualcomm for? Is it part of the RIL?

Edited by Carbonize

Guest madboffin

I'm using the standard ZTE dialer RLS3 and I'm very impressed - having been on FLB11 (which was excellent too but unfortunately no longer being developed).

There is an oddity with the SMS message display - smiley emoticons are displayed as little Androids robots. Is this normal ? - it is hard to determine the type of emoticon.

Is there a way of reverting to a standard ASCII type emoticon display ?

Does the AOSP dialler option have this problem ? Could any one advise before I reflash with 4b and the AOSP dialer/SMS option ?

I also miss the drop down switch option in the notification widget _ tried to enable it with widgetsoid but no sucess (couldn't find the "add to notification" option in in advanced settings !)

Guest Nick Rhodes
Definitely something draining the battery. When I went to bed my battery was at 100 but when I got up 9 hours later it was down to 80. I looked at Battery Usage and it says Cell Standby 50% Phone Idle 49% so I'll take a gamble and say something is using the radio a lot.

BTW what is com.android.qualcomm for? Is it part of the RIL?

Strange my phone used 15% in 10 hours overnight with RLS4 I am using the ASOP dialler. Wifi enabled but not connected, 3g on - Facebook, twitter, gmail etc syncing overnight.

Pretty much same as with any other well behaving 2.2 ROM for me.

Cheers, Nick

Guest Carbonize

Surprised given you had WiFi enabled and it's constantly scanning but then once the phone goes to sleep so does the WiFi. I'm wondering if it's not something else I'm using such as LauncherPro.