[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Superfuzz
Surprised given you had WiFi enabled and it's constantly scanning but then once the phone goes to sleep so does the WiFi. I'm wondering if it's not something else I'm using such as LauncherPro.

LauncherPro uses up a lot of power at times for sure (a lot meaning a lot more than any other launcher), but I doubt it would drain battery on sleep.

Guest gwebb

Whoops! Should have been in the CM7 RC4 thread. :D

Maps has now used 42%, more than Display, Mobile Standby, Android System, Phone Idle and Android OS added together which comes to 38%.

The weird thing is that CPU total isn't going up, Maps has only used 1m30s of CPU time, what I have found is that Sensor Usage shows Maps on 16 hours.

Edited by gwebb

Guest Carbonize

I know it's not maps on my phone as it gets killed. When I said it might be LauncherPro I was thinking more about it's friends widget doing updates. Not sure how efficient it is.

Guest Nick Rhodes
Surprised given you had WiFi enabled and it's constantly scanning but then once the phone goes to sleep so does the WiFi. I'm wondering if it's not something else I'm using such as LauncherPro.

Yes, I have Wifi set to sleep with screen off, forgot to mention.

Guest Superfuzz
Maps has now used 42%, more than Display, Mobile Standby, Android System, Phone Idle and Android OS added together which comes to 38%.

The weird thing is that CPU total isn't going up, Maps has only used 1m30s of CPU time, what I have found is that Sensor Usage shows Maps on 16 hours.

Maybe Maps got updated? I think that the latest version which is included in CM7 runs always in the background causing battery drains.

Guest Nick Rhodes
Maybe Maps got updated? I think that the latest version which is included in CM7 runs always in the background causing battery drains.

Hmm, I did a clean install of RLS4 last night and installed a few apps and never got a Maps update. I checked battery usage this morning and maps was only at 3% (latitude enabled), GPS off, so something sure is different/happening. I am currently trying out CM7 RC4 and getting high maps usage. Hard to determine a pattern.

Cheers Nick

Guest heavyduty00

what does aosp dialer mean in this zip? I want to use the facebook sync but i dont know what is AOSP dialer...

Swedish_Spring_RLS4_aosp_contacts.zip (AOSP Dailer + Facebook compatible Contacts and ContactsProvider)

Guest DrEzkimo
what does aosp dialer mean in this zip? I want to use the facebook sync but i dont know what is AOSP dialer...

Swedish_Spring_RLS4_aosp_contacts.zip (AOSP Dailer + Facebook compatible Contacts and ContactsProvider)

just a different dialer, i prefer it to the stock one :D

Guest gwebb

I posted in the wrong thread, I am using CM7 RC4, the battery is getting slaughtered by Maps. Nick Rhodes' post about Maps on 3% with RLS4 is encouraging. I'll probably install RLS4 when my phone has finished charging.

Guest Carbonize
just a different dialer, i prefer it to the stock one :D

AOSP is the stock Android dialer. The one in Swedish Spring is the ZTE Smart Dialer.

Guest Pirttila

Wi-fi is one battery eater i think, last week i use once wi-fi and battery start going down fast after that. Reboot help and battery using is normal again. It was not shut down properly. Before that i get 5 and 1/2 day and still 25% power.

Guest Mikeandme

Anyone else having problems with RLS4 reconnecting to wifi after sleeping? RLS3 seemed to work fine but my initial trial of RLS4 is that after sleeping it just tells me that wifi is available and does not reconnect automatically. It describes the connection as being "disabled" but will happily take a manual reconnect.

In both cases the sleep policy was set to "never" which surprised me am now trying on disconnect "when screen turns off".

I did not do a wipe before or after flashing RLS4.

Edited by Mikeandme

Guest Superfuzz
Anyone else having problems with RLS4 reconnecting to wifi after sleeping? RLS3 seemed to work fine but my initial trial of RLS4 is that after sleeping it just tells me that wifi is available and does not reconnect automatically. It describes the connection as being "disabled" but will happily take a manual reconnect.

Just use Blade wi-fi Fix from the maket. It always works no matter which ROM you're using.

Guest heavyduty00

my md5 is different to kalt's one but my rom sitll works good...my md5 is d7cb49c86aa6d01c8cd273154abe5ba3...can someone check their md5 and see what they get please? it is also only 81.42mb.

I downloaded the addon zips and they are same md5 as what kalt put..

thanks

Guest Len Ash
Just use Blade wi-fi Fix from the maket. It always works no matter which ROM you're using.

Should NOT need to use WiFi Fix. FLB 11 is OK, JJ9 is OK, SS3/4 is OK, MCR12 is OK. Something wrong if post-sleep reconnects are not happening.

(Netgear Routers are pants in this respect though)

Guest MadeInBeats

In both cases the sleep policy was set to "never" which surprised me am now trying on disconnect "when screen turns off".

I can also confirm that Wi-Fi wakeup is not working any longer. Also did not wipe. Is a wipe recommended from RLS3?

More tests and it is working... Maybe my router then, which, is a Netgear!

Edited by MadeInBeats

Guest Len Ash
I can also confirm that Wi-Fi wakeup is not working any longer. Also did not wipe. Is a wipe recommended from RLS3?

Yep - something odd about DHCP leasing with DG8xxx models. Which, to be fair, are a bit long in the tooth now. Most issues seem to be related to this.

How are people finding overclocking on this rom? what is stable?

There is no universally correct answer to what is stable. Each CPU is unique and individually overcklockable. If your CPU overclocks just to 650 MHz then that's the bitter fact you have to live with.

Guest Mikeandme

Seems to be working here again now that I have set it to disconnect when screen turns off!

Guest Carbonize

I'm starting to think my battery drain was down to LauncherPro's Friends widget. I have it retrieving both Facebook and Twitter feeds and it appears the default setting is to fetch them every 15 minutes. Can't see how much data it retrieves each time but maybe he could also do with tightening up the data usage for it.