[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest eucurto

My proximity sensor is a bit weird.. The screen goes off during a call but it comes on and off again several times during a call. it doesn't stays off till the end of the call.

This happens to you? Any fix?

Thanks.

Guest Simono

hackemate when the ROM boots for the first time it take about <10 minutes, the same when You flash addons. Next boots will be shorter.

Edited by Simono

Guest dazbaz996
Hello!

I have a big issue with my SF(oled version)

I had JJ7rls and i tried to flash SSrls4 but after doing wipe and flashing the rom

after the reboot it comes the first screen with the android bot and then when the second screen comes(with the logo ANDROID)

it's loading there for ever!

I had exactly the same problem with SSrls3 when i tried to flash the HW UI addon and as far as i know SSrls4 has HW UI acceleration by default

so i think that this must be the problem,but why???

I had hardware acceleration in JJ with no problem.

Am i doing something wrong???

Any help...

As Simono stated, the first boot can take a while, in my case I waited over 40 minutes and the phone did not boot

Hi

Did you boot into clockwork and install the rom from there?

I had an issue with installing cm7 using clockwork 3.0.0.5. over flb 10b. Like you, my phone remained on the second screen, the splash screen for cm7.

Luckily I was able to install flb 10b again in clockwork, then boot up the phone and install the rom from recovery manager and cm7 then worked.

Hope this helps

Edited by dazbaz996

Guest aftwinman
My proximity sensor is a bit weird..

This happens to you? Any fix?

Thanks.

Same thing for me. It doesn't work at all.

But I've no fix.

Guest lpinho

Had to uninstall this ROM, I was never able to use my bluetooth device to start a call :D

I tried all the main ROMs (FLB G2, R12, JJ) and my bluetooth (Nokia) worked with all. Since the "start a call using bluetooth" was my main reason to update to 2.2, I will rollback to another ROM (r12 seemed the fastest)

Guest h@mster81

I just did a full wipe and flashed RLS4. I recalibrated the battery as well. Battery dropped 2-3% last two nights and dropped only 20% between Saturday night and Monday morning. In last hour it dropped more than 10% while I was not using the phone. I just rebooted it and it dropped another 10%. Now I changed governor to powersaver to survive till get home tonight. I've just checked spare parts and apparently dialer keeps phone awake.

Edited by h@mster81

Guest targetbsp
Why's that? because i posted a negative feedback? are we not allowed to do that?

You see what you did there? You asked me why I posted a negative response to you without explanation. Now go take a look at your original post and see what's missing... Yep a reason why... :D

Guest dibbles
Why's that? because i posted a negative feedback? are we not allowed to do that?

I think that it is more of a reflection that you did not quantify your statement. It might well be the worse ROM you have tried but why..? What are your reasons to make you post such a response without constructive feedback so that others might be able to help you or the dev to understand your concerns.

As it is your post just seems too negative and lacking substance.

10 hrs since I upgraded my phone to gen2 then installed SS4b and the battery has dropped 5%. I don't think thats too bad. During that time the phone has been mainly idle with only a quick read of a text message and a couple of minutes on a web page.

I did recalibrate my battery immediately after upgrading so it might take a couple of days to settle down.

A definite improvement in reported signal strength by about 25%.... though not sure if this is actually better or just now displayed more accurately.

Guest FaTaL_ErrOr

I installed the ROM the first time. After a while I had a wifi problem. It could not search for networks. I got frustrated after four hours of trying to fix the problem, and then I reinstalled the rom B) . So far is working fine and the battery seems really good :D The only minor thing that I have noticed, is that it cant sync my calendar right with my google account. I downloaded the ics file from my google account. Is there a way to manually import the file to the calendar application? Thanks in advance and congrats for all your effort and support.

Edited by FaTaL_ErrOr

Guest ManMetDeHamer

i switched from rls3 to 4 but the battery life seems to have gone down quite a bit.

also last night while it was charging it rebooted and for some reason all my apps and settings where removed...

Guest rak007

Although i dont face wifi scanning issues. I have another issue. My wifi sleeps when the phone goes to sleep. I had kept a 6MB file to download using opera mini and screen timeout time to 2 Min. The file was being downloaded through wifi (which is kind of slow). But after the screen shut off, i immediately tried pressing the home/menu button but the phone did not wake up and i was sure phone had slept.

So pressed the power to wake the phone and the wifi icon had disappeared :D

My in progress download had failed

My wifi sleep policy is kept to NEVER but still it happens

What seems to be the problem ??

Guest Len Ash
Although i dont face wifi scanning issues. I have another issue. My wifi sleeps when the phone goes to sleep. I had kept a 6MB file to download using opera mini and screen timeout time to 2 Min. The file was being downloaded through wifi (which is kind of slow). But after the screen shut off, i immediately tried pressing the home/menu button but the phone did not wake up and i was sure phone had slept.

So pressed the power to wake the phone and the wifi icon had disappeared :D

My in progress download had failed

My wifi sleep policy is kept to NEVER but still it happens

What seems to be the problem ??

This keeps getting asked (SS3, SS4, JJ9) - the answer is always the same.

Guest Len Ash
Why does my battery last only around 8 hours?

Are we all supposed to be mind-readers?

How about asking a question in a sensible manner - by including some detail that actually allows people here to actually offer a possible answer.

Otherwsie, why not simply go back to whatever ROM you were previously using that must have had "good" battery life...?

Guest dazbaz996
As Simono stated, the first boot can take a while, in my case I waited over 40 minutes and the phone did not boot

Hi

I had an issue with installing cm7 using clockwork 3.0.0.5. over flb 10b. Like you, my phone remained on the second screen, the splash screen for cm7.

Luckily I was able to install flb 10b again in clockwork, then boot up the phone and install the rom from recovery manager and cm7 then worked.

Hope this helps

responded to the wrong post

Edited by dazbaz996

Guest hackemate

Hi

Hope this helps

Thanks for the help.

I don't think that the problem is that i must wait for 30-40 minutes because when i tried the SSrls3 WITHOUT the HW UI addon it worked like a charm

but when i tried the addon the phone stucked in the second screen(the ANDROID logo), so i think that the problem is in the addon.

Guest andy9876

I am on RLS4b without any additions using the ZTE dialler. The Proximity Sensor works. USB tetherting work (after I discovered I needed to load some drivers!), built in unsercured wireless tethering works but I have not been able to get the secured built in tethering to work or Barnacle to work.

Can anyone help?

Guest reluctant_traveller

I suppose your feedback refers to your reported 8hrs battery life?

I find my battery lasts well over a month.

When I connect it to a spare car battery.

Guest whatcolour
I suppose your feedback refers to your reported 8hrs battery life?

I find my battery lasts well over a month.

When I connect it to a spare car battery.

LOL!!!