[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Poodha

I'm reposting my earlier question, anybody experienced anything similar? I had the same problem in rls3.

"Anybody know why I can't enable smartass again in No-frills? If I try to apply it, it freezes and then crashes the phone. Doesn't matter at what frequency I choose. Smartass ran fine before, then I tried some other settings. Now I can't put it back on."

Cause I'm suspecting I might have some problems with OC or my CPU? Cause after using rls4 since yesterday evening, I've had 4 crashes today while using the phone moderately heavy(bt-music on, and often crashes while writing sms in Go SMS). I didn't experience this with rls3(which never crashed except for when setting smartass), but I still had the problem with not being able to set smartass governor after chosing another governor in rls3.

Setting and apps in phone are exact the same as I had in rls3, and same frequency (652MHz).

Edited by Poodha

Guest the_fox
Here's an experiment for those with Orange San Francisco B10 phone that end up with non-working touchscreen with Swedish Spring RLS3 (or any other custom ROM asfaik).
  • Download Swedish_Spring_RLS3.zip and also the attached b10_test.zip file.
  • Replace boot-gen1.img in Swedish_Spring_RLS3.zip with the version included in b10_test.zip.
  • Put cypress_firmware.bin from b10_test.zip into /system/etc in Swedish_Spring_RLS3.zip
  • Put the Swedish_Spring_RLS3.zip that you just modified on your SD-card and install.

With a little luck this might solve the touchscreen problem that some with B10 phones have.

Tried this with a belgian OBE_P729BV1.0.0B02 (from Belgium, Mobistar), didn't work.

RLS4b also has a dead touchscreen. I've supplied some info about screen/TS below

LCD:

IC: NT35580

Glass: Lead.

TouchScreen:

module: synaptics

i2c: 0x22

IC type: 2000 series

firmware: TM1541

module: synaptics + TPK

Edited by the_fox

Guest kar999

Quick Question... please. running RLS4 with stock diailer.

Using stock dialer and my contacts list show only one set of contacts but there are duplicates shown when I access the dialer screen.

I've got the contacts display option set to display just SIM contacts and even if I set it to all contacts I only see one set there.

Any ideas how to get rid of the two sets in the Dialer please?

Edited by kar999

Guest jonmac73

Does anyone know where/how I can get stock Android dialler/contacts from to replace ZTE on RLS3 ? - same as from FLB ........ (staying with 3 for a bit depending on feedback from 4b).

Thanks in advance.

Guest KACE_231
Although i dont face wifi scanning issues. I have another issue. My wifi sleeps when the phone goes to sleep. I had kept a 6MB file to download using opera mini and screen timeout time to 2 Min. The file was being downloaded through wifi (which is kind of slow). But after the screen shut off, i immediately tried pressing the home/menu button but the phone did not wake up and i was sure phone had slept.

So pressed the power to wake the phone and the wifi icon had disappeared :D

My in progress download had failed

My wifi sleep policy is kept to NEVER but still it happens

What seems to be the problem ??

Well known hardware problem with all the ROM's try downloading this app to prevent the phone from sleeping with WiFi enabled: https://market.android.com/details?id=opote...cedwifilockfree

Edited by KACE_231

Guest GytonP
Here's an experiment for those with Orange San Francisco B10 phone that end up with non-working touchscreen with Swedish Spring RLS3 (or any other custom ROM asfaik).
  • Download Swedish_Spring_RLS3.zip and also the attached b10_test.zip file.
  • Replace boot-gen1.img in Swedish_Spring_RLS3.zip with the version included in b10_test.zip.
  • Put cypress_firmware.bin from b10_test.zip into /system/etc in Swedish_Spring_RLS3.zip
  • Put the Swedish_Spring_RLS3.zip that you just modified on your SD-card and install.

With a little luck this might solve the touchscreen problem that some with B10 phones have.

Can someone tell me what the replacement files in b10_test.zip do? I've got one of the problem B10 phones to upgrade for someone else and I've tried several ROMs and various tricks like enabling a pattern lock or holding a button pressed while turning on the phone and nothing's worked consistently. I've currently got stock 2.1 back on the phone and have to return it to its owner soon. Does b10_test.zip address a specific B10 problem that makes it a probable reliable fix?

Guest targetbsp
Does anyone know where/how I can get stock Android dialler/contacts from to replace ZTE on RLS3 ? - same as from FLB ........ (staying with 3 for a bit depending on feedback from 4b).

Thanks in advance.

Post 1. It's called Aosp contacts

Guest jonmac73
Post 1. It's called Aosp contacts

DOH ...... thought that was the complete ROM with AOSP, not a seperate zip. Thanks anyway for reply.

Guest kgian

Downloaded SS RLS 4b and replaced FMradio.apk v6.0 inside the package with FMradio.apk v5.0. Then flashed it over SS RLS 4. I am going to test it for some days and see if there is any difference in the battery drain.

Also when I go in settings-->about this phone-->version number I get "Swedish Spring RLS4b" although the "Hardware accelerated UI" light is on in extra settings. Shouldn't there be "(hwui)" after RLS4b ??

Guest rak007
Downloaded SS RLS 4b and replaced FMradio.apk v6.0 inside the package with FMradio.apk v5.0. Then flashed it over SS RLS 4. I am going to test it for some days and see if there is any difference in the battery drain.

Also when I go in settings-->about this phone-->version number I get "Swedish Spring RLS4b" although the "Hardware accelerated UI" light is on in extra settings. Shouldn't there be "(hwui)" after RLS4b ??

Can you link us to the v5.0 (or is it 0.5) of FM Radio ??

Guest sto1911

Why can't I set CPU max to 600 with ondemand governor? It switches back to 604 and performance. Please make an update script or help me!

Guest TouchyAndalou

Hello. I'm really liking this rom so far having switched from FLB recently, although one thing I've noticed is that when I open a video I'm not given the option to select which player I'd like to use to view it with - i.e. I only seem to be able to use the stock player. Is this merely a setting I can alter, or is there another way I can set defaults like which video player to use? Thanks.

Guest KopCity
Are we all supposed to be mind-readers?

How about asking a question in a sensible manner - by including some detail that actually allows people here to actually offer a possible answer.

Otherwsie, why not simply go back to whatever ROM you were previously using that must have had "good" battery life...?

no ROM has good battery life...the phone's battery life is awful! and this is the worst..how do i improve it?

Guest tomthered

Right this may or may not be a silly question but went into messaging and changed the keyboard layout to HTC one. I need to change it back but cannot figure what to do. Can anyone guide me please?. Apologies if this has already been posted. cheers

Guest KACE_231
Right this may or may not be a silly question but went into messaging and changed the keyboard layout to HTC one. I need to change it back but cannot figure what to do. Can anyone guide me please?. Apologies if this has already been posted. cheers

Press and hold on the messseging where you type, and then an option menu pops-up, select "input method" and change here

Guest Len Ash
no ROM has good battery life...the phone's battery life is awful! and this is the worst..how do i improve it?

You're not providing anything at all to go on, again. Pointless posting. You seem confused about "phone" battery life and ROM battery life too...

Guest geegeethatsme

Still a bit of a generalisation there. I'm on RLS3 and its battery life for my pattern of use (admittedly light) is on a par with my first custom rom (MCR 2.1 r4). Basically, if you cane it, e.g. through constant syncing, games, tweets, whatever, you'll find yourself charging more often. Use data and/or wifi only when its needed and the battery is comfortably man enough for two or three days use.

Guest Poodha

Is it possible to flash rls3 over rls4 without a wipe?

Rls4 is giving me a lot more headache than rls3(market stopped working and closes the soon I open it, phone crashes, the music player have been really slow today and freezes occasionally). Rls3 worked pretty much flawlessly for me.

But I would rather just flash rls3 over rls4 instead of going back to my backup and keep some of the stuff I've done today, if that is possible?

Guest stylezuk

There are many contributing factors to battery loss as already explained in the thread, the condition of battery, i always do a depelete off full charge once in a while off so as not software registerd, have you given the ROM long enough to settle in.. and the other can be software depndant, could keep going as also constant data, software running in background "i'll probably get shot down for my next line" use a task manager to kill, there is a "half efficent" task killing implemented in android from 2.2 but to be honest i'd rather kill the blighters once in a while also will depend on carrier/signal and if always use 3G.

Guest Blasphemous

Just downloaded this file: # Swedish_Spring_RLS4_ahb_overclocked.zip (50% AHB bus overclocking at all speeds starting from 480MHz addon) MD5: F1EACF41C5D957822FA5B725F821FD81

The MD5 file matches but the file is only about 6mb.... surely that can't be right? Am I downloading the wrong file?

Guest targetbsp
Just downloaded this file: # Swedish_Spring_RLS4_ahb_overclocked.zip (50% AHB bus overclocking at all speeds starting from 480MHz addon) MD5: F1EACF41C5D957822FA5B725F821FD81

The MD5 file matches but the file is only about 6mb.... surely that can't be right? Am I downloading the wrong file?

It's an addon to the main rom - not the rom itself. That's why it's small. You need to flash the main rom file first.

Guest Len Ash

No, it's correct - it is just the boot.img. You need to download the full ROM, install, load, reboot and then apply that...