[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Ch4ni
This is strange, I have no problems with the GPS at all. I often use it for tracking, sometimes I leave it while interrupting my way home for shopping, where definitely no GPS signal, but never experinenced a single problem using this ROM.

You can choose another theme, which have the black notification area.

Do you have a theme with black notification? can you point to one that will work on this ROM.

Also is there any way of turning off the vibration when the buttons are pressed, i.e home, menu or back? I looked all all the sound option and cannot turn this vibration off. Any help great appreciated.

Guest dadashi

I've got "Aura" navigation installed but it doesn't work with the GPS signal in RLS4 rom, RLS3 was fine! Navigon works fine though.

I remember someone mentioned this before, any solutions...?

Guest RottenFoxBreath
I've got "Aura" navigation installed but it doesn't work with the GPS signal in RLS4 rom, RLS3 was fine! Navigon works fine though.

I remember someone mentioned this before, any solutions...?

Aura working fine here, with R4, and GPS.

Is there an update for Aura, are you on the latest version?, the latest being 2.1.3.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest Ch4ni
Aura working fine here, with R4, and GPS.

Is there an update for Aura, are you on the latest version?, the latest being 2.1.3.

Hi I am using the latest Aura v2.1.3 and the GPS is not working, i have tried Igo as will and that is not not working either and neither is maps (google) unable to locate GPS signal.

Is there a fix for this?

Guest Mikeandme
Guys, Can somebody throw some light on this ??

Apologies for bumping this. But am desperate to find some solution.

Are you sure that GPRS is working? I note that a number of applications disable it temporarily but if then removed/reset GPRS will then remain inaccessible. If that were your case then a reinstall of the app (e.g. Widgetsoid) reactivate data and remove might help. Otherwise I have no idea.

Switch to CM7 :D butter smooth here.

No can do... I use GPS a lot, and having my Blade switching off after each time I use GPS is a no go for me :D

At least while this GPS switching off the phone isn't solved, I have to abandon CM7!

Buy a faster phone B) and a power plant...

It is so for me as well, currently I am using the RLS4 without the ahboc patch, maybe this makes a bit more sluggish, but there is no real difference. It is better when there's no active internet connection, t.b.h. it is impossible to use AB with the ads...

No need for a faster phone, this one is fast enough... Power plant? NAAAAAAAA... Just plug it to the charger and give in some juice ;)

Guest johny1332

i have problem... everything else is working fine put screen aint rotating (switch turned on)... with stock 2.2 rom it is working but not with this one...

anybody else have this kind of prob?? and how to fix this?

edit: actually it is accelerometer which aint working... with stock rom it IS working... so whats problem?

Edited by johny1332

Guest Blasphemous
Anyone able to help me get my MMS working? I'm on O2 but can't get into the APN settings to check them as they are all greyed out.

This is a very nice, fast rom and the only thing that's spoiling it for me is the MMS.

Thank you in advance of any help.

Forget it, I've sorted it.

Guest SparkGlow

Hi,

I am on Swedish Spring RLS4b with the Frankish thin circle theme. I wanna change the theme..can someone here pls tell me how do I remove the existing theme to flash the new one?

Guest jenjenx
Hi I am using the latest Aura v2.1.3 and the GPS is not working, i have tried Igo as will and that is not not working either and neither is maps (google) unable to locate GPS signal.

Is there a fix for this?

Works fine for me so it's not RLS4 specific

Guest jman01
yes i have exactly the same problem

No exchange server function seems to be a bit of a deal breaker for me, i use exchange a lot on this phone, tried all today to get it working. I had it working briefly with 3G, nothing through WIFI strangely, it no longer works again at the moment.

Everything else in this ROM seems to be silky smooth. Really like it. Anyone got any suggestions? Did all the normal wipes before install. Using RLS4b. No additions. By the way when i installed this ROM, adding my accounts back in manually was pretty much the first thing i did (or not). My previous ROM was JJ9. May have to go back for the moment.

Guest Smiff2

anyone had bluetooth problems with this ROM?

just got a Creative D100 speaker, doesn't play well with SS3.

phone hangs up when trying to connect to the speaker (not completely, but it seems to be struggling, there's some crackles from the speaker and no sound). weirdly it worked for a few seconds at first, but even deleting the device, rebooting (both phone and speaker) doesn't help!

speaker works perfectly on my phone with JJ9.

i may try upgrading to SS4b (without wiping) as i believe this will reset the clock speed and governor and perhaps this is relevant to the blueooth chip.

looked through last few pages and didn't see any mention of this..

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Magnets
Try the attached "fix". Install it with clockwork. It deletes libOmxMp3Dec.so and libOmxAacDec.so which did cause trouble in the Japanese 2.2. Let me know if it fixes this specific problem.

That fix is also required if you want to use m.tvcatchup.com (for me anyway)

Edited by Magnets

Guest purplehead
I am having a strange issue. No matter what I change to my ringtone doesn't change. It plays the same ringtone "Terminated".

Happened to me also. Found a way to change the ringtone by long-taping on the mp3 on the filer and choosing to set it as ringtone. That's the only thing that worked :D

Guest stevec611
anyone had bluetooth problems with this ROM?

just got a Creative D100 speaker, doesn't play well with SS3.

phone hangs up when trying to connect to the speaker (not completely, but it seems to be struggling, there's some crackles from the speaker and no sound). weirdly it worked for a few seconds at first, but even deleting the device, rebooting (both phone and speaker) doesn't help!

speaker works perfectly on my phone with JJ9.

i may try upgrading to SS4b (without wiping) as i believe this will reset the clock speed and governor and perhaps this is relevant to the blueooth chip.

looked through last few pages and didn't see any mention of this..

I'm using SS4b and a Creative D100 with no major problems. Usually I have to try connecting 2 or even 3 times before it succeeds, but once connected its solid and working fine for up to 3-4 hours. (It was the just the same with my previous rom, which was one of the early modaco 2.1-based releases).

Edited by stevec611

Guest Smiff2
I'm using SS4b and a Creative D100 with no major problems. Usually I have to try connecting 2 or even 3 times before it succeeds, but once connected its solid and working fine for up to 3-4 hours. (It was the just the same with my previous rom, which was one of the early modaco 2.1-based releases).

thanks - how are you accessing your music? wifi/sdcard/3g ? just read in another thread that there are issues using bt+wifi. and is your phone overclocked? and did you use ahb_oc addon?

thanks really appreciate your post!

Guest justinsm

For me, Angry birds runs a lot faster when I use the 'extra settings' app to disable hardware acceleration, then reboot.

That means (correct me if I'm wrong) that the stock launcher won't be accelerated, but I did notice that ADW.Launcher and other apps become much faster.

Guest Ch4ni

Hi I noticed quickoffice is visible in Managed application however this is not visible in the programs is there anything that needs to be done to activiate this?

Guest rak007
Hi I noticed quickoffice is visible in Managed application however this is not visible in the programs is there anything that needs to be done to activiate this?

Correct...me too can see quickoffice in managed apps but no where does it have an icon in app drawer :D

Also, selecting the app in manage app, all fields are greyed out and there seems to be no way to uninstall the app

Edited by rak007

Guest jonmac73
Happened to me also. Found a way to change the ringtone by long-taping on the mp3 on the filer and choosing to set it as ringtone. That's the only thing that worked :D

Me too - couldn't work it out for ages. Whatever I set to in notifications-mp3 it stayed on default tone.

Is this is a bug or normal behaviour ?