[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest filao
Another issue I had with CM7 is the BT didnt work correctly in my car, now with SS it connects everytime.

Just what I came on here to find out! I have Gen1 CM7 and the bluetooth doesn't connect if the phone is sleeping.

I will be moving to SS tonight and Gen2!

Thanks

Guest Vvorth

Hi, I have successfully flashed this ROM on my china ulticom branded gen2 blade(some people say that ZTE Blade and ZTE U-V880, probably its a second one, i don't know how to check and don't know it is really different devices or not - may be someone knows?), and its awesome, really.

But I have a question. May be it was in this topic - then sorry, but English is not my native language and its hard for me to read all 74 pages fast:

Is it possible to unlock RAM on this phone? if any specific info requires - just say.

Guest LordKickapoo
Thank you k_k! Any themes relevant for this ROM?

There is thread about unified themes for FLB, SS and JJ, its in the theme section

ps. they are not maintained anymore because frankish has sold his phone, but they work still work

Edited by LordKickapoo

Guest rutteger

Have seen a few are using exchange email with SS4. Can you confirm you are seeing html emails render correctly? With both SS3 and SS4 html emails on exchange are not showing correctly, a lot of the html markup is being displayed in the message body.

Guest forney27
Hi, I have successfully flashed this ROM on my china ulticom branded gen2 blade(some people say that ZTE Blade and ZTE U-V880, probably its a second one, i don't know how to check and don't know it is really different devices or not - may be someone knows?), and its awesome, really.

Look in the Market and search "Ask Mr Pigfish" its an application that will tell you what Gen your using.

Edited by forney27

Guest Vvorth
Look in the Market and search "Ask Mr Pigfish" its an application that will tell you what Gen your using.

I know that its a exactly gen2 device. And only want to unlock RAM if its possible. Sorry for confusing in previous message.

Guest hecatae
I know that its a exactly gen2 device. And only want to unlock RAM if its possible. Sorry for confusing in previous message.

if you want to be the 1st tester, the gen1 to gen2 upgrade process should unlock the ram, but it's not proven.

Guest a666Andy

Anyone else have an issue with some apps keep re-opening themselves all the time??

Since I flashed this ROM on just over a week ago, I have noticed that Maps and Gmail keep opening themselves up all the time, even after being task killed. Mainly this is when I allow a data connection (normally turned off to save battery) when I look at my task killer, it then shows that Gmail has for some reason started itself?

I have no desire to use gmail and 99% wont use maps so would prefer them not to keep starting up. I'm a bit wary as this did not happen on my previous rom (Modaco 2.1) and I am a little uneasy about how easy it is for apps to have access to certain things on your phone and not know whats going on. I mean, why has the email app just started up, is it sending any info somewhere, why the need for the maps to be loaded?!?!?!?!?!!?!

Am I just being paranoid? Anyone else have this same issue? Anyone else bothered?

Guest Vvorth
the gen1 to gen2 upgrade process should unlock the ram

i am already with gen2 phone, may be you mean downgrade gen2->gen1? If so - im afraid to brick it.

Anyone else have an issue with some apps keep re-opening themselves all the time??

Confirm

Edited by Vvorth

Guest dibbles
Since I flashed this ROM on just over a week ago, I have noticed that Maps and Gmail keep opening themselves up all the time, even after being task killed. Mainly this is when I allow a data connection (normally turned off to save battery) when I look at my task killer, it then shows that Gmail has for some reason started itself?

This also happened to me prior to flashing to Gen 2. I only remember as I saw them as a "running" application even though I hadn't used the maps. I have removed the Google maps as I do not use it anyway.

Guest targetbsp

That's normal Froyo behavior. You can use the app Autostarts to stop them loading but Google isn't keen on you shutting them down once they are loaded. Google for android task killer and you'll find a wealth of information as to why not.

Guest alphadude
What are the extra settings your wanting? to be honest, I wouldnt look a gift horse in the mouth. as you can find all the extras in the market if you search hard enough.

If your setting up hotmail, there are issues getting it set up, but this isnt a SS issue. Best thing to do it link them to you gmail account an use that.

Thanks settings Like when u.go.to.setttings in cynogenmod it has extra setting menu called cynogenmod u can tweak the status anyways its not a big deal but when I am browsing the net pages load very slow and my device gets sluggish like right know I am replying from my mobile and while I am writing the words appear after few seconds after I type them.

And how can I fix the Hotmail with Gmail can u please explain

Guest dangerbizzla

Sorry to ignore the previous person but i have an issue myself with the rom.

My phones a gen 1 running the current version of swedish spring. Everything ran absolutely fine (Better, thankyou) but aout a day after my web browser stated to force close. No matter the browser app, it will load, bring up my homescreen and FC.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks again on the awesome rom guys.

Guest hecatae
Sorry to ignore the previous person but i have an issue myself with the rom.

My phones a gen 1 running the current version of swedish spring. Everything ran absolutely fine (Better, thankyou) but aout a day after my web browser stated to force close. No matter the browser app, it will load, bring up my homescreen and FC.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks again on the awesome rom guys.

download rom manager from the market and choose fix permissions, reboot and that should solve it

Guest k0zmic
Thanks settings Like when u.go.to.setttings in cynogenmod it has extra setting menu called cynogenmod u can tweak the status anyways its not a big deal but when I am browsing the net pages load very slow and my device gets sluggish like right know I am replying from my mobile and while I am writing the words appear after few seconds after I type them.

And how can I fix the Hotmail with Gmail can u please explain

Go into the Gmail set up forwarding it's under POP3 I think. I personally use the built in Email on Froyo, go into Email, setup an account, enter email address and password and then choose maual setup, just change the server address to m.hotmail.com and make your username your email address.

Guest jtc42

Tiny gripe but it's been pestering me since JJ. Can someone PLEASE write a patch for the settings that modifies "Turn to forbid phone ring" to "Turn to mute"?

This ROM is perfect in every way bar that ONE bad translation and my OCD side cries every time it sees it >.<

(I have no idea how to edit things like that)

Guest JT_daniel
There is thread about unified themes for FLB, SS and JJ, its in the theme section

ps. they are not maintained anymore because frankish has sold his phone, but they work still work

Frankish has sold his phone?! Omg, his themes were the best! :)

Guest kallt_kaffe
Tiny gripe but it's been pestering me since JJ. Can someone PLEASE write a patch for the settings that modifies "Turn to forbid phone ring" to "Turn to mute"?

This ROM is perfect in every way bar that ONE bad translation and my OCD side cries every time it sees it >.<

(I have no idea how to edit things like that)

I like error reports like this because if this kind of things are the worst problems for some, then the ROM must be pretty good...

I'll see what I can do for the next release. :)

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest jtc42
I like error reports like this because if this kind of things are the worst problems for some, then the ROM must be pretty good...

Have not had any issues in all the time I've used it, so I really am just letting OCD go wild in this case. Seriously amazing work on this. Only other tiny thing would be bringing back the 3D app launcher. But then I dont even use the stock one so it doesn't effect me, just thinking some people might want it >.<

Guest Toldo

Louder headphones, please! Or at least, working DSP Manager... And the cameras black and white viewer. And please don't give up the Gen1 version as the Cyanogen team did;) Keep up the good work, your roms are the most stable around.

Guest jtc42
Louder headphones, please! Or at least, working DSP Manager... And the cameras black and white viewer. And please don't give up the Gen1 version as the Cyanogen team did;) Keep up the good work, your roms are the most stable around.

DSP Manager would be cool. I didnt realize some people had the camera bug or I wouldnt have posted by daft OCD suggestion :)

Also agreed on the Gen1 support. After my last attempt to update (bricked my phone as the utility failed) I'm reluctant to risk it again >.<