[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Rooster#1
Just like that, but it was located in the info-bar. (The one you are pulling down from the top of the screen). So the control-widget was accessible from any home screen.

BB

Im using "Quick Settings" available on the market...

iiq.u.cs.png

Edited by Rooster#1

Guest Blümchen Blau

Thats worth a try! :)

But still WiFi isn't working! And other than a few pages ago, I can't see any network, although I know there are some, as I'm postin' via one of them. Like the system isn't able to activate the hardware (again tethering works!)??? :)

BB

Edited by Blümchen Blau

Guest Blümchen Blau
Did you restore system settings with Titanium backup?

"Selectively Yes" (some of the settings - incl. as I remember, the WiFi-AP's) and I tried to find a way to delete the restore (as a possible) cause, but didn't find how to?

BB

Guest targetbsp
"Selectively Yes" (some of the settings - incl. as I remember, the WiFi-AP's) and I tried to find a way to delete the restore (as a possible) cause, but didn't find how to?

BB

You'll probably have to wipe. Just don't restore system settings. It never works. :)

Guest danmanbad
You should wipe your phone, no wipe no wine!

just to say if you read my post you will see i wiped my phone and not hers and the problem still happend then the next thing i did wich is not in me post is then i did full wipe on both still happend mate im not a kid im not stupid no wipe no wine ive seen it in the posts i most of the time do a full wipe just to make shore that if there is a problem it the rom not me being dumb

and on my phone i pritty much allways wipe i do read peoples posts

Guest ShahinTehShiz
I did not wipe when upgradin from 4b and everything is working.

Anyone else confirm this? So I just keep the RLS5 zip in my sd card, and just install from that? No wiping cache or data or anything?

Thanks

Guest AlexanderIvanov

Thank you, just installed swedish spring :)

Could you explain how to install this addon? - Swedish_Spring_RLS5_ahb_overclocked.zip (50% AHB bus overclocking at all speeds starting from 480MHz addon)

So this addon will make my zte faster, right?

Guest DECEiFER
Thank you, just installed swedish spring :)

Could you explain how to install this addon? - Swedish_Spring_RLS5_ahb_overclocked.zip (50% AHB bus overclocking at all speeds starting from 480MHz addon)

So this addon will make my zte faster, right?

Yup, it will increase the speed of your phone. Just install it using the same method used to install Swedish Spring, for me it's ROM Manager with Clockwork Recovery. Install the ZIP file from your SD card as normal.

Guest gameSTICKER

SS is an awesome ROM, but there is a big issue since RLS4 which is turning out to be a dealbreaker for me :)

Since i updated to RLS4 (and afterwards RLS5), my 3g/edge connection disconnects every 5 mins or so. It does not disconnect if i'm downloading anything, but only when phone is idle. I've checked MD5 of roms, tried reinstalling multiple times, wipe and tried without installing anything extra, but same results. I tried changing every setting under "mobile networks", tried gsm only, auto "network mode"s, "always on data" on/off but all in vein...

It was working fine upto RLS3 and this issue appeared in RLS4 and now in RLS5 too. So far the only way to get a data connection back is to switch off and on data connection or switching airplane mode on and off. But this is just a dirty fix, rest all my data dependent services running in background fail.

Can someone suggest something?

Guest wookie16081965
Anyone else confirm this? So I just keep the RLS5 zip in my sd card, and just install from that? No wiping cache or data or anything?

Thanks

i just installed rls5 over rls4b and phone is working perfectly

Guest frankm123

Is it right, that this Rom can not connect to an Ad Hoc Network? It even did not find it.

I thought the Stock Rom 2.1 found the Ad Hoc Network.

Can anyone confirm this or has an answer?

Guest digital0

BB

If you searched this thread, you'd have found out that restoring wifi settings with Titanium backup causes such behavior. And could probably found my patch which lets you restore APs.

Edited by digital0

Guest Blümchen Blau
If you searched this thread, you'd have found out that restoring wifi settings with Titanium backup causes such behavior. And could probably found my patch which lets you restore APs.

I searched, but - and thats the reason, why I dislike "mile-long" threads - did obviously get back far enough, to find your posting.

But I'll go for that now and hope to be successful. :)

BB

Edit: @digital0: I never would have found your posting from "Posted on: Mar 28 2011, 18:29" if you wouldn't have pointed me to ... But thanks, deleting the conf solved the problem!

Edited by Blümchen Blau

Guest psycho84

Are given 2.2 stock kernels in first post working with Gen2 devices that are converted from Gen1 (not native Gen2)?My accelerometer still isn't working on any 2.2 custom rom so i want to try if one of those fixes it. :S

Guest ToraNoShi

Hello everyone!

This is my first post, so I hope I'm this won't be a very noob question.

I installed the RLS 3 and 4 and in the both versions I don't have GPS... when I use Maps or Ndrive the icon of the GPS keeps flashing but I can't get no signal.

Can anyone help me?

Edited by ToraNoShi

Are given 2.2 stock kernels in first post working with Gen2 devices that are converted from Gen1 (not native Gen2)?My accelerometer still isn't working on any 2.2 custom rom so i want to try if one of those fixes it. :S

These kernels are Gen2 only, actually. According to LanceH in Post #1710 in this very thread.

Edit: The linking is broken again.

Guest sudsandsoda

Hi All,

Absolutely loving this ROM... I found CM7 (n39) far too unstable to be a practical option, but this hits all my buttons. Great job!

One thing i've noticed is that when i have an alarm set, using Alarm Clock Plus, or DeskClock the set alarm time doesnt show on the lock screen like it has done on the other roms i've tried... Is this supposed to be the case??

I've also noticed that when using GPS with any navigation software, with the phone plugged into the power the battery still slowly drains rather than charging. Probably a hardware thing rather than a rom fault. I guess the blade just draws more juice for navigation than the USB provides. :) .

Ta'

Edited by sudsandsoda

Guest Anil k Solanki

Hi,

I had been using CyanogenMod 7.0, but unfortunately the shut down whilst charging issue meant it wasn't suitable for me (I know version 7.0.2 is out but is still not stable for me).

So I installed Swedish Spring RLS5 and it is great, stable and everything works, I am very happy. My girlfriend also has a Blade and is currently running Japanese Jellyfish, she was running Cyanogen but moved because of touch screen lock ups and the charging issue. I would like to move her handset to Swedish Spring, but I really don't have the time to set up everything from scratch again, downloading apps from the Market alone takes a while.

Finally my question, do I have to wipe her phone to install Swedish Spring? Or is there a way of doing this without losing her "stuff". Clockwork recovery is installed on her handset.

Many thanks, Anil.

Guest Anil k Solanki

Hi ToraNoShi,

Is there any reason you're not running the latest version of Swedish Spring, RLS5? I have just switched to it from CyanogenMod 7 and everything works fine including GPS. In fact I was amazed at how fast the GPS obtained a signal lock, faster than my dedicated TomTom car unit.

I hope this is helpful. Regards, Anil.

Guest digital0

Usually applications should be reinstalled automatically from the market. Or you can restore with Titanium backup, but don't restore wifi settings. Clockwork nandroid backup should not be used.

Edited by digital0

Guest danmanbad

AM I REALY THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM FULL WIPE NO WIPE IT STILL HAPPENS

Hi all i hope you are all having a nice day i was just woundering if others are having the same trouble both me and me girlfriend are having

when receaving calls they are just not coming through all i am getting is a missed call text from orange i know i have a signal on my phone as it has happend as i am typing a text all so when we are trying to make a call we get a beep sound in the ear even though we are trying to call someone and sometime it says the text did not get sent and the delivery report dose not get sent back both of us have TFT OSF ORANGE-UK SS-RLS5 GEN1 MY PHONE GREY GF PHONE WHITE .B08 AOSP DIALER FRANKISH THEME MODDED USING UOT OR EVEN WITH NOT MODDED THEME NO THEME full wipe on my phone not on hers. it happend on RLS2 as well but not on RLS3-4-4B as far as i remember it never happend all got the call and all ways could send texts

IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELCE I CAN GIVE YOU TO HELP JUST ASK BUT PLEASE DO IT SOON AS I AM GOING TO DOWNGRADE BACK TO RLS4B

THANKS FOR THE GREAT ROM BEST ONE HERE I THINK

Edit: gone back to JJ9 for now untill i know why the calls are not gettting through even though its works fine on JJ9

its the only thing for me anyway why i cant use this rom :) it could be that its gen1 but i dont know

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP

Usually applications should be reinstalled automatically from the market. Or you can restore with Titanium backup, but don't restore wifi settings. Clockwork nandroid backup should not be used.

hi yea sorry but this is proberbly a noob question, but why would it matter about restoring wifi settings with titanium backup what dose it afect

edit: just been reading about wifi things but i dont think its that what is messing things up will it mess with anything other than not being able to connect to wifi

Edited by danmanbad

Guest psycho84
These kernels are Gen2 only, actually. According to LanceH in Post #1710 in this very thread.

Edit: The linking is broken again.

So they are just for native gen2 or am I misunderstanding something? Mr. Pigfish says that my phone is Gen2 (it used to be gen1 but i did one of the converts from this forum), will those kernels work with my phone also. :)

Guest digital0

Yes, they will work, it does not matter if it's "native" or TPT'ed gen2. You could probably just tried intead of asking and making this thread bigger.

Edited by digital0

Guest targetbsp
hi yea sorry but this is proberbly a noob question, but why would it matter about restoring wifi settings with titanium backup what dose it afect

edit: just been reading about wifi things but i dont think its that what is messing things up will it mess with anything other than not being able to connect to wifi

You can't restore settings between roms. It just wrecks the new rom - even those in green in titanium and allegedly safe. It's just not worth it for the 30 seconds it takes to re-enter the settings.