[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Audix

Okay second time in a week

I keep getting the "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." message pop up, I can't open Messages application or Contacts and probably some others too.

It pops up every few seconds and means I can't receive calls or texts.

I have tried deleting contacts in gmail and resyncing and multiple restarts. Last time I had to reinstall the ROM, at the expense of my SMS which I couldn't back up as the messages can't be accessed. I then had to sit there and install every app via titanium backup.

Any ideas how I might solve this without another reinstall?

Guest shad0wboss

I keep getting the "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." message pop up, I can't open Messages application or Contacts and probably some others too.

I have tried deleting contacts in gmail and resyncing and multiple restarts. Last time I had to reinstall the ROM, at the expense of my SMS which I couldn't back up as the messages can't be accessed. I then had to sit there and install every app via titanium backup.

You can try clearing cache and factory reset? didn't have a problem when i installed RLS5 on my blade..

Guest Magnets
Flashed from gen1-decrossed.rom to gen2-ss5.rom and now my ac charger won't charge the phone :mellow: I have to use the slow usb charging.

The roms nice though.

There's a whole thread (maybe more than 1) dedicated to this problem, not sure if people found a solution yet.

Guest Michealtbh

Try fixing permissions in cwm or Rom Manager

Guest Azurana

I have the exact same problem. I came from rls4 to 5.. I'm going to try to clear cache etc as said above. Also going to check permissions. If that doesn't work i'll do a full wipe and install again.. But this is a strange error.

Guest Audix
You can try clearing cache and factory reset? didn't have a problem when i installed RLS5 on my blade..

Won't I lose my SMS if I do a factory reset?

Guest Audix
Try fixing permissions in cwm or Rom Manager

Just done the fix permissions and also cleared the cache at the same time. No difference :mellow:

Guest Azurana
Just done the fix permissions and also cleared the cache at the same time. No difference :mellow:

did the same, the problem for me also remains.. This sucks

Guest Azurana

Ok I did a full wipe now.

I can now see all my contacts.. All seems to work ok..

now for restoring everything with titanium backup, and hope it keep working.

I didn't do a full wipe when I upgraded, that might be he problem, but I though (so it also says in the first post) a full wipe was not needed.

Guest Audix
Ok I did a full wipe now.

I can now see all my contacts.. All seems to work ok..

now for restoring everything with titanium backup, and hope it keep working.

I didn't do a full wipe when I upgraded, that might be he problem, but I though (so it also says in the first post) a full wipe was not needed.

I did a full wipe anyway I think. This is very annoying though, I don't know if I've missed any calls or texts :/

Guest Azurana

After I did the full wipe, it worked fine for a while.. But while I was busy customizing my home screen, I got the error once again. So now my contacts have dissapeared again, and I get the message "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." pop up again.

I checked and still can get texts and calls though luckely.

UPDATE: ok I can't receive calls, or MAKE calls. Contacts are gone.. Can and send receive texts. But the worst of this.. I went back to rls4b, and that did not solve the issue. I flashed it again. Now my last resort is going to my old backup I made before i updated to rls5.

Update2: And it did! Thank heavens for backups..

Edited by Azurana

Guest Aurimas L.
Same problem here on RLS5 in Munich. Used to just take a long time, but now it can't detect my location at all.

Yesterday I made a full wipe and reflashed once again with RLS5. Now GPS is working just fine :mellow:.

Guest jaapaurelio

Hi!

I installed RS5 and now i have a problem with G network. When I click to connect, the G icon appear in de top bar but after 2 seconds disappear. After a while come back again and disappear again.

First I update without wipe but e installed again with full wipe and keep doing the same. :/

Now I dont know if is because the rom or if my phone have a problem :/

I will install RS4 again to check if the problem persists.

If you have any idea is welcome.

Guest jaapaurelio

Well, the problem persists...

When I used RS4 first time the problem did not existed. Maybe my phone is faulty?

What can I do? :mellow:

Guest Azurana
Well, the problem persists...

When I used RS4 first time the problem did not existed. Maybe my phone is faulty?

What can I do? :mellow:

With my problem, when i went back to rls4b, it also persisted.. So then I did a restore of my backup I had made befroe going to rls5. That cleared my problem

Guest joefez

I keep getting the "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." message pop up,

You cannot restore system apps and settings between ROM versions with Titanium Backup, especially Dialler and Contacts without causing this problem.

I'd recommend you sync your phone contacts with gmail so they are backed up online, they will sync back automatically when you re-install (you can then go into contact settings and only show contacts with telephone numbers, this will hide all the 'email only' contacts from your phone contact list); as for your texts, you're better off with an app that backs them up specifically. Do a forum search as I know there have been many recommendations.

Titanium is only really good for restoring user apps and settings (ie. ones you have downloaded from the market place)

Hope that helps

Edited by joefez

Guest yeawhatever
You cannot restore system apps and settings between ROM versions with Titanium Backup, especially Dialler and Contacts without causing this problem.

I'd recommend you sync your phone contacts with gmail so they are backed up online, they will sync back automatically when you re-install (you can then go into contact settings and only show contacts with telephone numbers, this will hide all the 'email only' contacts from your phone contact list); as for your texts, you're better off with an app that backs them up specifically. Do a forum search as I know there have been many recommendations.

Titanium is only really good for restoring user apps and settings (ie. ones you have downloaded from the market place)

Hope that helps

I had exact same issue with r5. When I flashed r5 over top of r4 (cleared cache) I would get error on first boot. Its not titanium related as it occurs before I even 4estore anything. I would guess its contact related

I was running r4 which had contact fix for Facebook sync. When choosing r5 there wasn't different versions (to cater for aosp contacts eg)

Can Anyone else who gets this problem state what version rom they were coming from and if it had Facebook sync fix. For me,flashing back down to r4 and clearing cache sorted it. Obviously want r5 though

Guest danmanbad

hi all

the other day i was having problems with SS all of them :mellow:

so i did the TPT gen1 to gen2 and now all my problems seem to have gone yay:) i did not allways get the call my mates would have to ring me loads of times but it all seems to to be working fine i guess it kind of makes sence, a gen2 rom running on a gen1 it dont work properly for me but a TPT later now gen2 so gen2 rom on gen2 phone works better for me now and cuz its the TPT not the windows one you can allways go back to gen1 no problem

Guest Konstaa
hi all

the other day i was having problems with SS all of them :mellow:

so i did the TPT gen1 to gen2 and now all my problems seem to have gone yay:) i did not allways get the call my mates would have to ring me loads of times but it all seems to to be working fine i guess it kind of makes sence, a gen2 rom running on a gen1 it dont work properly for me but a TPT later now gen2 so gen2 rom on gen2 phone works better for me now and cuz its the TPT not the windows one you can allways go back to gen1 no problem

This may be the reason for problems in transition to rls5. I first upgraded from gen1 stock-rom 2.1 to gen2 stock-rom 2.2, next to SS rls4b and wiped everything, then to SS rls5 without wipe.

Everything has been working excellent.

Guest Hanks6

getting serious battery drain on my gen1 OLED SF on the RLS5. strange it only seemed to start after installing launcher pro. think it could be related to the akmd2 process that spare parts shows to be using a lot of CPU. any reason this might become an issue only after installing launcher pro? or ideas in general as to why my battery is getting eaten alive - losing 1% every 5-10 mins while idling.

Guest Carbonize

If you are using either the Launcher Pro Facebook or Twitter widgets they are set to refresh every 15 minutes which can eat your battery.