[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest rauskis
Hi i got a problem with my blade, my phone wont find any new music on the sd card. When i runned CM7 it worked and as fast as i put the music on the sd card and unplugged the phone it automaticly found the new music but now when i run Swedish spring RLS5 the phone wont find any new music. I can see the tracks

in fileviewer but the music player doesnt find them.

What should i do ? :unsure:

Saatanan perkele, tee full wipe niinkun ohjeis sanotaan aläkä huua.

Edited by rauskis

Guest Carbonize

Damn you seriously are paranoid. Criminals and terrorists make use of mobile communications on a daily basis and even they don't go to the lengths you seem to expect Android devs to go to. As I said previously I highly doubt anything in your life is so interesting to a third party that you have to encrypt it. You don't like the way things work then stop using them.

Guest saatana
You should do a full wipe Saatana.

saatana

before doing a full wipe, you could try clearing data from the music app in manage apps, and also check in case of particularly large or corrupted music files in one of your music folders.

I did a full wipe before I installed Swedish Spring RLS5 and have now tried clearing data from the music app and it still doesnt work.

Saatanan perkele, tee full wipe niinkun ohjeis sanotaan aläkä huua.

Saatanan perkele tein full wipe ennen kun asensin Swedish Spring

Edited by saatana

Guest Psyloid

Maybe it is discussed already, but i did not fancy reading 98 pages. But is there any way to make the video's play in gameloft games, because most of them just dont work when they can't play the video files .... and why don't they work in SS (or modaco), they work in CM7, but i find CM7 too buggy ... SS5 is the best rom so far, everything is perfect, except for this one tiny glitch ...

Edited by Psyloid

Guest Avenger 2.0

Encryption for tethering (2.2 stock, barnacle or wireless tether) is not working in this release. Is there a workaround or fix?

Guest stefanokan

I'm very happy of this release, very smooth, no major bugs, all is working, very good battery life (3-4 days with my light usage). I would say thank you very much Kallt_Kaffee for your great job! :unsure:

Guest k0zmic
Maybe it is discussed already, but i did not fancy reading 98 pages. But is there any way to make the video's play in gameloft games, because most of them just dont work when they can't play the video files .... and why don't they work in SS (or modaco), they work in CM7, but i find CM7 too buggy ... SS5 is the best rom so far, everything is perfect, except for this one tiny glitch ...

Enable the stagefright tick boxes via Extra Settings.

Apparently, enabling the HTTP one causes YouTube videos to not work though so have a play around with them and see what works best.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest darkado
Hi good evening to all. Swedish Spring rs4 is my first Custom Rom on my phone. Everything is working wonderful, but 3G is not. I think, everything is configured as it should. 3G is turned on, but I cannot reveive data. Btw, wifi is working.

Any Idea? Thanks.

Edit - solved issue :-D Working properly now :-D

Thanks Kalt Kaffe!

Ernst

what did you do to fix 3g?

also, are there any lock screen options (like show battery percentage) in RLS5?

Edited by darkado

Guest Skoppo

What you're probably looking for... is a phone that doesn't run Android :unsure:

There's a list here of what you can and can't move from Googles stuff: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Barebones

As they've listed the market as removable though, it's possible the market itself is dependant on some of the other stuff they have listed as removable.

Problem solved.

In fact someone had already beat me to it as there already exists such a ROM: CyanogenMod. From this ROM all the Google apps I mentioned above including Android Market have been removed (they can be installed if neccessary using a separate zip-file but I obviously didn't want to do this).

So now my phone is running Android 2.3 Gingerbread using the CyanogenMod 7 ROM version 7.0.3 for the ZTE Blade and no Google apps or Google syncing functionalities are installed at all (only syncing to Exchange server is available as far as I can tell).

This is great because I don't want to accidentally have my phonebook, e-mails, calendar or other private informations sent to Google.

Instead of Android Market i now use FDroid Repository with which I can easily install and update a list of free open source software to replace some of the closed source pre-installed apps I would otherwise be running.

EDIT: Version 7 of the CyanogenMod ROM still seems to have some quirks in it and is still in development so I might downgrade to version 6 even though it only runs Android 2.2 Froyo since it is apparently more bugfree.

Edited by Skoppo

Guest GX390

Hi which kernel is the best, comviq, softbank or the default one and does ahb overclocking make much difference?

Thanks

Guest flshg

I am running SS RLS5 after coming from CM7.

Also, anyone else still having wake lock issues with the dialer? I've just flashed the aosp dialler to see if that cures it.

Edit: Nope, even with aosp contacts add-on the dialler still causes the most wakelock.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Edited by flshg

Guest -Elmer-

Thanks so much that did it :unsure: I had done a search and found about calibrating, but hadn't thought that it would make such a massive difference so figured the problem must be something else. Only a few % lost overnight now. This forum/website is a great resource

Guest RevX

Hello all!

First of all a big THANK YOU for the development of the Swedish Spring ROM and its FREE provision! I really appreciate that a lot!

About 1.5 months ago, I've put RLS4b onto my Blade (Gen1) and I'm pretty happy with it. Anyway, I want to try out RLS5!

I've already done a Nandroid backup inside Clockworkmod. So here are my noobish questions:

1. As wiping isn't necessary, the only thing I have to do is to put the new ROM on the SDcard and install it via ClockworkMod?

Or is there more to do?

2. Installing the new ROM will remove my installed apps/data, giving me a blank installation, right?

3. If blank, would a Nandroid restore bring back my installed apps+data (only) or would it also restore to RLS4b status?

4. Does RLS5 bring an improved partitioning over RLS4b (=more space for data)?

Thanks for your feedback!

Edited by RevX

Guest abdn-android
I am running SS RLS5 after coming from CM7.

Also, anyone else still having wake lock issues with the dialer? I've just flashed the aosp dialler to see if that cures it.

Edit: Nope, even with aosp contacts add-on the dialler still causes the most wakelock.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I had the exact same problem and when I searched the threads I noticed that a few people mentioned the same. The resolution suggested was to convert your phone from Gen1 to Gen2 (I'm an OLED Gen1 originally). Since wbaw's method is both easy and reversible I took the plunge and converted to Gen2, then wiped and reinstalled SS RLS5, and viola problem is resolved. Minimal use over the past 24hrs and still at 92% battery (only 42s for dialer on partial wake lock). It makes no sense to me why that would fix it, but it did for me... and for others. Give it a try and let us know if it works for you.

Guest flshg

thanks for the suggestion abdn-android, i'm trying to hold off on converting to gen 2 for now. I know its relatively easy to do and go back again but hoping it was something else that I missed. I might have to take the plunge at some point if the problem persists.

Guest k0zmic
Hello all!

First of all a big THANK YOU for the development of the Swedish Spring ROM and its FREE provision! I really appreciate that a lot!

About 1.5 months ago, I've put RLS4b onto my Blade (Gen1) and I'm pretty happy with it. Anyway, I want to try out RLS5!

I've already done a Nandroid backup inside Clockworkmod. So here are my noobish questions:

1. As wiping isn't necessary, the only thing I have to do is to put the new ROM on the SDcard and install it via ClockworkMod?

Or is there more to do?

2. Installing the new ROM will remove my installed apps/data, giving me a blank installation, right?

3. If blank, would a Nandroid restore bring back my installed apps+data (only) or would it also restore to RLS4b status?

4. Does RLS5 bring an improved partitioning over RLS4b (=more space for data)?

Thanks for your feedback!

1.) I recommend you wipe cache and Dalvik cache. This won't affect your programs or data. First boot will just be a slower.

2.) Nope, as above.

3.) Nandroid images your phone so it'll restore it exactly as you left it with RLS4b.

4.) RLS5 doesn't change your partitions. You have to do that yourself.

Guest flshg

Revx

You dont need to wipe (though it may be necessary if you find any problems, so best to backup important stuff first), so you shouldnt lose apps or data.

Yeah, just put rom on sdcard, check MD5 is correct, then flash using clockwork mod.

A nandroid would just reset it back to rls4, or whatever the nandroid was from.

I dont think there are any changes in terms of space for data.

Edit: ah, beaten to it by k0zmic

Edited by flshg

Guest k0zmic
when someone calls me, i don't have a options to answer a call. a i can't even see who is calling..

Does your screen turn black and seem like it's turned off?

Guest Hermessor
I had the exact same problem and when I searched the threads I noticed that a few people mentioned the same. The resolution suggested was to convert your phone from Gen1 to Gen2 (I'm an OLED Gen1 originally). Since wbaw's method is both easy and reversible I took the plunge and converted to Gen2, then wiped and reinstalled SS RLS5, and viola problem is resolved. Minimal use over the past 24hrs and still at 92% battery (only 42s for dialer on partial wake lock). It makes no sense to me why that would fix it, but it did for me... and for others. Give it a try and let us know if it works for you.

I am seeing exact the same issue, SS5, GEN1 phone and high partial wake in spare parts. I am getting a bit tired of reinstalling/reconfiguring everything all the time, so can I just dump using clockwork, convert to GEN2 and restore the image?

Strange that the problem is there in GEN1, but not GEN2...

Guest shifty27

Thanks for the great work!

1. Installed root 1.6.1 (can't remember the name of the app)

2. Installed blade rom manager 0.36b

3. installed clockwork-3.0.2.4-blade-g1.img

5. ran a backup of the current orange rom for backup purposes.

5. ran swedish spring rls 5.

6. installed gingerbread blue circle theme,

installed desk clock, aosp contacts and blue gingebread keyboard.

Thanks

been running for a day now. Very stable

Anyone getting really bad battery life after 2 weeks solid use see here:

Calibrate your battery (Android Police)

Hope this helps. Running on Gen1 blade!

Guest stefanokan

Anyone has problem with the app "Samba Filesharing" (the one with the red S)?

In the previous version of Swedish Spring was running correctly (i came from SS RLS2).

Now when you start it obtaines root permission but then gives an error: A component of the samba installation failed.

Yes, i made a clean installation of SS RLS5 (cache & data deleted).

Yes, i tried to uninstall-reinstall Samba Filesharing.

I was looking for a samba app in order to see the sd of the phone on my network, this was working very good.

Guest Zacsipacsi
Anyone has problem with the app "Samba Filesharing" (the one with the red S)?

In the previous version of Swedish Spring was running correctly (i came from SS RLS2).

Now when you start it obtaines root permission but then gives an error: A component of the samba installation failed.

Yes, i made a clean installation of SS RLS5 (cache & data deleted).

Yes, i tried to uninstall-reinstall Samba Filesharing.

I was looking for a samba app in order to see the sd of the phone on my network, this was working very good.

Same problem with my SS RLS4. I can't figure out what is the problem...

Guest flshg
I am seeing exact the same issue, SS5, GEN1 phone and high partial wake in spare parts. I am getting a bit tired of reinstalling/reconfiguring everything all the time, so can I just dump using clockwork, convert to GEN2 and restore the image?

Strange that the problem is there in GEN1, but not GEN2...

I suppose you could try: nandroid backup first, then convert to gen2 using tpt method. wipe cache, dalvik cache (but not data), then see if it works. If not, reinstall SS5, try again. Still not working then full wipe. You can always convert back to gen1 then restore nandroid.

I've converted to gen2 (but performed full wipes), seems to have cured the dialler wake issue so far. Will be monitoring it but seems promising. I've yet to test gps and wifi/bluetooth which I've read can be affected by gen2.