[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Khalsa26

Firstly great work guys on this fantastic work. Many thanks.

I am needing some help on teh following issue.

I bought an Orange Sanfrancisco and first thing I did was unlock it.

Second I installed Swedish ROM RLS5 and it went on absolutely perfect.

Then I installed loads of apps and all works totally great with no bugs on hitches.

However today I went to set up Call forwarding in SETTINGS-CALL SETTINGS-GSM/WCDMA call settings-callforwarding and no mater which option I chose to type a call forwarding number in it just comes up with an error "Unexpected response from network"

If I then instead try dialing a standard MMI code like **61*333# it comes up with an error "Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

I have tried everything but just cannot get it to work.

This is with my 3 sim but tried an orange sim and a vectone sim also, to no avail.

The reason I need this is to divert calls to voicemail which I cannot do without call forwarding.

Very frustrating and I really hope one of you geniuses can solve it or point me to a thread that can.

Thanks in advance.

Guest xzyk
Was it the stock email/gmail client or not? How did you manage to deduce it was your email - did it show as high partial wake in spare parts?

yes, deduced via spare parts partial wake. I always remove the gmail.apk from all rom install since it is not needed for email to function. I just use the stock email client which allows me to get any pop3/imap account, including gmail, which begs the question why would you ever want the gmail.apk taking up space anyway ?

Guest Hanks6

dialer now easily in the lead for highest partial wake, a good 9 minutes since last turn-on.

will possibly switch to gen 2 now if this is abnormal and still causing battery drain. strangely the battery reading itself is showing signs of unusual behaviour - dropping lots of % at once then staying on the same number for ages. makes it hard to put a finger on the issue.

Guest flshg
dialer now easily in the lead for highest partial wake, a good 9 minutes since last turn-on.

will possibly switch to gen 2 now if this is abnormal and still causing battery drain. strangely the battery reading itself is showing signs of unusual behaviour - dropping lots of % at once then staying on the same number for ages. makes it hard to put a finger on the issue.

I think its only abnormal if the partial wake is significantly higher than the amount of time you've been in calls. Plus the battery behaviour is not necessarily related - sometimes new roms need a good few days usage to 'settle'. Having said that the gen 2 change seems to have resolved my dialler wake issue, and was an easy procedure from wbaw's tpt method. I went for a full wipe and reinstall of the rom after the gen2 change.

Guest Farquea

having the partial wake lock problem here with the Dialer the cause. I had it when i first installed the ROM, rebooted and it fixed it, battery life was great, then i rebooted my phone again last week and ever since had the wakelock problem and cant get rid of it no maytter how many times i try to reboot. A fix really is needed :unsure:

on a seperate note, is there anyway to increase the vibration strength and duration as in the case i have it, on vibrate i cant even hear it when next to me on my desk at work!

Guest flshg
having the partial wake lock problem here with the Dialer the cause. I had it when i first installed the ROM, rebooted and it fixed it, battery life was great, then i rebooted my phone again last week and ever since had the wakelock problem and cant get rid of it no maytter how many times i try to reboot. A fix really is needed :unsure:

on a seperate note, is there anyway to increase the vibration strength and duration as in the case i have it, on vibrate i cant even hear it when next to me on my desk at work!

Something I didnt try out when I had the wakelock issue: allowing 3g network, as I think I set it just to 2g. Maybe you could try that? I've changed to gen2 layout and so far I havent had wakelock issue.

Do you mean vibration on calls or text messages? I think some sms apps allow for customised vibration alerts.

Guest Farquea
Something I didnt try out when I had the wakelock issue: allowing 3g network, as I think I set it just to 2g. Maybe you could try that? I've changed to gen2 layout and so far I havent had wakelock issue.

Do you mean vibration on calls or text messages? I think some sms apps allow for customised vibration alerts.

i have 3g allowed, not changed anything since it was working fine apart from rebooting it, so cant really think of anything else to try. i dont want to change to gen2 this soon after setting up my phone to how i want it and people i think are still complaining of the same issue on gen2.

vibration on text is just 1 short buzz but in general i just find the vibrate really week, especially when my girlfriends blackberry practically shakes the table it is on everytime she gets a text. i find vibrate to be quite useless as its more like 'silent' as i cant hear it vibrate and if its in my pocket, very rarely feel it.

Hello

maybe any option how to use

JJ RLS 3 and higher relased rom smart dialer

because JJ smart dialer click dialed number and open menu extra option ADD+

add actual number +

and now work edit option ..

Guest stathisq

right now i have CM 7.0.3 and my partitions are 2mb cache 138mb system 315mb data...can i install SS with 2 mb cache?

the main problem i have with CM is the very high battery drain.

Guest k0zmic
yes, deduced via spare parts partial wake. I always remove the gmail.apk from all rom install since it is not needed for email to function. I just use the stock email client which allows me to get any pop3/imap account, including gmail, which begs the question why would you ever want the gmail.apk taking up space anyway ?

It looks nicer and has better GMail specific features.

Guest flshg
right now i have CM 7.0.3 and my partitions are 2mb cache 138mb system 315mb data...can i install SS with 2 mb cache?

the main problem i have with CM is the very high battery drain.

Yes, I think I have the same partition sizes according to wbaw's tpt method for gen1 to gen2. SS5 installed and working fine.

Guest nitsy

There is no sound on tv catchup. Tv catchup worked fine on Japanese Jellyfish RLS9, so can you please fix asap.

Edited by nitsy

Guest w_coyote

Hello guys , please help me out with my problem . I have installed the rom and everything was fine . But i can't restore some of my previous installed apps with titanium and even i can't install some new apps from market cause i got a message that i haven't enough memory but I can see that i have 193mb of free memory . Can anyone help me to solve this problem ? (I have Gen1 blade but i had upgrade it to Gen2 with Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade method http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...2-tpt-upgrade/)

Edited by w_coyote

Guest sonalibag

thank you very much for this rom!!! rls5 very stable. no problems found yet.

i have also enabled stagefright from extra settings, and also changed build.prob device manufctr from zte to htc. now playing gameloft hd games with no lag.

also thanks to sebastian for his great guide. thankyou.

Guest flshg
Hello guys , please help me out with my problem . I have installed the rom and everything was fine . But i can't restore some of my previous installed apps with titanium and even i can't install some new apps from market cause i got a message that i haven't enough memory but I can see that i have 193mb of free memory . Can anyone help me to solve this problem ? (I have Gen1 blade but i had upgrade it to Gen2 with Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade method http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...2-tpt-upgrade/)

It has been suggested that a temp file might cause this sort of issue: try looking for and deleting smdl2tmp1.asec in the .android_secure folder on sdcard (you could back it up first to be safe). You might need to use a root explorer.

Guest Metacadoari

I'm having a bit of a problem, I upgraded gen1 -> gen2 by installing CM7 and tested, then wanted to switch back to Froyo so I installed SS RLS4. Now I can't download anything from Android Market. It doesn't even give error, download starts and then stops. What should I do?

Guest dibbles
Many times, and I've reinstalled SS couple of times.

Read from post #94 onwards and see if the solution that I have offered can help you....

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/338...2-only/page/80/

read the entire thread from that post though, all the following three pages, and then you will be fully informed as to what you might wish to try.

Edited by dibbles

Guest w_coyote
It has been suggested that a temp file might cause this sort of issue: try looking for and deleting smdl2tmp1.asec in the .android_secure folder on sdcard (you could back it up first to be safe). You might need to use a root explorer.

Thank you so much for your answer but there is not such a file there :unsure:

Any other ideas that can help me with my problem ? post with my problem post no #2013

Edited by w_coyote

Guest Farquea

Apologies if this is a stupid question...

I'm having the partial wakelock issue with the Dialer draining my battery and cant get it to go away. I've heard that some people have upgraded from GEN 1 to GEN 2 and it cleared up. I've just got my phone setup how i wanted and dont want the hassle of having to do everything again. I used Titanium Backup to restore my apps when i installed SS but still needed to set lots of other things up. Is there something else i can be doing to effectivly "image" my phone so that i can get it back to how i want it on GEN2 with as little hassle as possible?