[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

[quote Shahmatt

About the HTC IME Mod keyboard. I think this is a great keyboard and with the tweaks makes it super easy to use. I definitely prefer it to Swype, and Flex T9. Is it possible to download this keyboard from somewhere for installation on another Android device? It does not appear on the Android marketplace!

Edited by Guest

Guest Shahmatt
[quote Shahmatt

About the HTC IME Mod keyboard. I think this is a great keyboard and with the tweaks makes it super easy to use. I definitely prefer it to Swype, and Flex T9. Is it possible to download this keyboard from somewhere for installation on another Android device? It does not appear on the Android marketplace!

just use root-explorer to copy the app from system/apps to sd card,there you have the app,done

Many thanks for this!

Guest Kalecgos

So a few weeks/months have gone by... has ANYTHING been mentioned or done about the Exchange Server 2010 synchronisation issue?

Guest geegeethatsme
When I get a SMS, I see that for a brief instant the message appears in the notification bar right on top. I would like the message to continue to appear there for a little while longer. How can I tweak this?

Don't know about a tweak, but SMS Popup from the market provides a facility for SMS messages to be shown on screen (even from sleep), there is a quick reply option, and it will then return the phone to its former state when the message is sent - including sending the phone back to sleep which saves wear and tear on the power button.

@kallt_kaffe.

What is your timetable for SS rls6?

Are you for real !

you should not ask devs for E.T.A's

And what is wrong with RLS5 that would need RLS6 ?

RLS5 is the most stable froyo rom we have had on the blade.

This rom is fine as it is.

Edited by Guest

Guest k0zmic
@kallt_kaffe.

What is your timetable for SS rls6?

What don't you understand? There probably isn't going to be RLS6. KK has made that perfectly clear. If there was going to be another release he probably would've posted in this thread.

Guest Toldo

It was mentioned before. Probably RLS5 is the final version. I think there is nothing to fix. As for me, it is a perfect rom.

Guest k0zmic
Guys, when the the phone goes to sleep(lock) with wi-fi on, does it turn off even if you choose "Always on"?

For me it doesn't. Other people have said putting it to Sleep Never does the opposite whereas setting it to sleep when screen turns off actually keeps it on.

Guest Shahmatt
Don't know about a tweak, but SMS Popup from the market provides a facility for SMS messages to be shown on screen (even from sleep), there is a quick reply option, and it will then return the phone to its former state when the message is sent - including sending the phone back to sleep which saves wear and tear on the power button.

Thanks very much. This is a very interesting app and I spent some time playing around with it. I especially like the custom Vibration option.

Guest myfairrlady

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help me. My previous ROM was FLB Froyo 9 and yesterday I changed it to SS RS5. What happened is that the power notification icons which were located at the top of my screen in pull down menu (in the notification screen) disapeared!!! I brought Power Control button on the screen instead and it is doing the same job but it was more convenient when they were at the top of screen in the status bar because for example I could switch on /off GPS while having other applications such as maps open. Can someone tell me how to bring back power icons back to the status bar?

I am considering to go back to FLB Froyo for this reason, I did not use SS long enough to see the differences between the two ROMs, are they significant? I saw in the 'what ROM you are using' thread that most people now use SS and for this reason I installed it as well.

Edited by myfairrlady

Guest kandilak
Hello

I wonder if anyone can help me. My previous ROM was FLB Froyo 9 and yesterday I changed it to SS RS5. What happened is that the power notification icons which were located at the top of my screen in pull down menu (in the notification screen) disapeared!!! I brought Power Control button on the screen instead and it is doing the same job but it was more convenient when they were at the top of screen in the status bar because for example I could switch on /off GPS while having other applications such as maps open. Can someone tell me how to bring back power icons back to the status bar?

I am considering to go back to FLB Froyo for this reason, I did not use SS long enough to see the differences between the two ROMs, are they significant? I saw in the 'what ROM you are using' thread that most people now use SS and for this reason I installed it as well.

Try "Quick Settings" from the market

Edited by kandilak

Guest myfairrlady
Try "Quick Settings" from the market

Thank you, I just did but it still not as half convenient as it was before. I like to have my GPS and data connections off to save battery and I connect them only when I need them.

or notificationToggle

I tried that too but it is not what was before. The icons are all in pull down menu. Before I installed SS, the icons were all in one line as in Power Control widget, it looked like Power Control widget but located in the status bar, which could be opened by pulling down notification menu.

Edited by myfairrlady

Guest kandilak
Thank you, I just did but it still not as half convenient as it was before. I like to have my GPS and data connections off to save battery and I connect them only when I need them.

You can add or remove these switches from the configuration when you open the program.

Also another app from the market for this job--> MySettings

Choose whatever do what you want

Guest myfairrlady

What I want is Power Control icons back in the status bar, where I could switch them on/off (is toggle the correct word?) by pulling down the notification bar, no matter if I was in a home screen or running an application such as Maps or Yell. It was fast and simple.

Edited by myfairrlady

Guest Simono

I tried that too but it is not what was before. The icons are all in pull down menu. Before I installed SS, the icons were all in one line as in Power Control widget, it looked like Power Control widget but located in the status bar, which could be opened by pulling down notification menu.

You must select "All in One"

Guest PeterDreher

+1

looking for this Power Control in Status Bar too, myfairlady!

The APP "Notification bar" is crap, sorry. Too many touches needed.

Edited by PeterDreher

Guest DrDo
Have had SS 5 running for a couple of weeks now and found it to be quite vanilla, however the following seems annoying:

when the phone powers down because battery levels are low, it damages my sdcard, so that it needs reformatting...

Anybody else has this experience, anything that can be done about that?

thx in advance for any useful tips

It does not really damage the card, it is a bug i experienced in any rom; just reboot (sometimes a couple of times) and your sdcard files will be back. do not reformat the card!

hmm, so I rebooted like five times and the sdcard is still corrupt - maybe there is a way to manually initiate a file system correction of the card with an app?

Thx for any further hints

Edited by DrDo

hmm, so I rebooted like five times and the sdcard is still corrupt - maybe there is a way to manually initiate a file system correction of the card with an app?

I been on RLS5 for sometime now,never had any SD CARD issues

maybe your SD CARD is fooked

Guest chillo71

try mounting to your pc and fix file system on fat32 partition from either windows disk drive utility or minitool . I also seem to have problems with my fat32 system when i change firmwares, something on thumbnail cache... but not on upgrades though (same firm)

But repeatable corruption (after formatting) sounds like a bad sd

Guest myfairrlady
Hi

The file Swedish_Spring_RLS5.zip is 80Mb and not 120 as you mention.

Why is that? I am asking because I cant install the rls5 and I was wondering if there is any problem with the file you uploaded!

I installed SS yesterday and I can confirm it was 80mb not 120. It installed without a problem at first attempt. I dont have any issues and didd not notice any bugs, and so far my only complaint is one I mentioned before (lack of Power Control icons in status bar). I also wondered why it is described as 120 when its 80.

Edited by myfairrlady