[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest flshg
I installed SS yesterday and I can confirm it was 80mb not 120. It installed without a problem at first attempt. I dont have any issues and didd not notice any bugs, and so far my only complaint is one I mentioned before (lack of Power Control icons in status bar). I also wondered why it is described as 120 when its 80.

80 mb is the compressed size of the rom download, 120mb is the size it occupies on the phone once installed.

Guest alltheway3
It was mentioned before. Probably RLS5 is the final version. I think there is nothing to fix. As for me, it is a perfect rom.

Bluetooth doesn't connect to wireless headphones for me :P

Guest evilbrain

how is this rom different to the similarly named japanese spring rom? I have japanese spring and it's performance is very poor in gaming, but ultra good at battery life?

Sorry if being noob

Guest k0zmic
how is this rom different to the similarly named japanese spring rom? I have japanese spring and it's performance is very poor in gaming, but ultra good at battery life?

Sorry if being noob

This ROM just has a few more little additions like the AppWidget Picker

Try enabling stagefright via Extra Settings or through the Blade Buddy app.

Guest Carbonize

Swedish Spring is based upon an official release of Froyo for Blade where as Japanese Jellyfish was based on a leaked Chinese version.

Guest Skrible
+1

looking for this Power Control in Status Bar too, myfairlady!

The APP "Notification bar" is crap, sorry. Too many touches needed.

Today I looked into the source code of system.apk, and it shouldn't be an impossible task to add power control to the notification pulldown menu. When I'm on my summer holidays, I'll see what I can do. :P

Edited by Skrible

Guest Paddan

I had a ZTE blade Gen1, converted it to Gen2.

Worked great.

Rooted it with z4root and installed clockwork recovery.

Put the SSRL5 on my SD card, installed it with Rom manager.

The installation completed and my Blade got stuck on the boot screen.

I can get into Clockwork recovery but when i try to go use my backup or install a new rom

it gets stuck again.

So what i can do is, Talk to the cute green android or watch a hat. feels good man.

Any suggestions to solve this problem?

Guest k0zmic
I had a ZTE blade Gen1, converted it to Gen2.

Worked great.

Rooted it with z4root and installed clockwork recovery.

Put the SSRL5 on my SD card, installed it with Rom manager.

The installation completed and my Blade got stuck on the boot screen.

I can get into Clockwork recovery but when i try to go use my backup or install a new rom

it gets stuck again.

So what i can do is, Talk to the cute green android or watch a hat. feels good man.

Any suggestions to solve this problem?

In Recovery try hit the power off button and then boot up.

I know it may sound silly but the purpose of that button is to prevent the cute green Android being omnipresent.

Guest Paddan
In Recovery try hit the power off button and then boot up.

I know it may sound silly but the purpose of that button is to prevent the cute green Android being omnipresent.

Thanks for the try but it just gets me back to the hat!

Guest k0zmic
Thanks for the try but it just gets me back to the hat!

Hmm, try to do data/factory reset again and the go into mounts and storage and format system and reflash RLS5.

Guest flux88

Thanks for your hard work but battery life on this doesn't match up to JJ or FLB (Orange San Fran Gen 1 bought before xmas)

Guest myfairrlady
Today I looked into the source code of system.apk, and it shouldn't be an impossible task to add power control to the notification pulldown menu. When I'm on my summer holidays, I'll see what I can do. :P

That's awesome, I look forward to it!

Guest Paddan
Hmm, try to do data/factory reset again and the go into mounts and storage and format system and reflash RLS5.

I can't even go into mounts and storage and i can't data/factory reset.

The phone freezes at the Clockwork hat (loading?) ive tried everything on the clockwork menu.

Ive had it on boot screen all night. It doesn't loop it just freezes.

There must me something i can do!

Guest k0zmic
I can't even go into mounts and storage and i can't data/factory reset.

The phone freezes at the Clockwork hat (loading?) ive tried everything on the clockwork menu.

Ive had it on boot screen all night. It doesn't loop it just freezes.

There must me something i can do!

Seems your Recovery has gone weird.

Boot up into Fastboot (Volume + and Power) and attach your phone to PC via USB cable.

Then reflash Clockworkmod.

Instructions here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Fastboot

Guest mcgee

Hi, I flashed RLS5 2 weeks ago and i've been having crashes and freezes frequently. I have flashed through Clockwork Recovery, wiped everything and i am not overclocking.

Sometimes when i wake up the device it has already turned off, sometimes when receiving a call or sms i can't unlock the phone, the display does not respond and i have to turn off the device and take the battery out.

What can i do?

Guest Psyloid
Hi, I flashed RLS5 2 weeks ago and i've been having crashes and freezes frequently. I have flashed through Clockwork Recovery, wiped everything and i am not overclocking.

Sometimes when i wake up the device it has already turned off, sometimes when receiving a call or sms i can't unlock the phone, the display does not respond and i have to turn off the device and take the battery out.

What can i do?

redownload swedish spring, CHECK MD5 sum, completely wipe device, reinstall

Guest ka300m

From yesterday, I'm a user of this rom! GEN1 with oled display. After wipe, clear cache, clear delvik, I installed the rom from last clockwork. Everything it's ok. I do not make restore from Titanium Backup, I reinstall all my app's with appbrain. :P

Guest Paddan
Seems your Recovery has gone weird.

Boot up into Fastboot (Volume + and Power) and attach your phone to PC via USB cable.

Then reflash Clockworkmod.

Instructions here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Fastboot

Thanks for the help k0zmic, didn't need to do this tho, Clockwork just fixed itself so i just did what you recommended in previous posts! :P

Guest k0zmic
Im on 4b.... is there any advantage to swapping to 5 ?? (or cons ?)

Thanks

Basically more refinement. No disadvantages and you don't need to wipe.

Just go into recovery and select wipe cache and dalvik cache and flash.

Guest andyr86

Hey All,

Firstly I just wanted to thank kallt kaffe and all the devs on here for their hard work and great mods. Secondly i've recently installed SS RLS5 on my blade and everything seems great. Performance and battery life are good compaired to other ROMs i've tried i do have one issue though. I understand the Blade has a problem with maintaining a WiFi connection during sleep. This is fine by me as the phone can sync while wake it. However SS RLS5, and to a lesser extent RLS4b seems to have an issue where WiFi doesn't reconnect immediatly from sleep a manual connect now always seems required for me. The previous ROMs i've had (JJ & FLB) don't seem to have this issue. Is there any workarounds? Or if not is there anything i can do to help bug fix?