[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Pynto R

If using static ip, when reconnecting wifi it tries to get ip from router. I have to unselect static ip, and then select it again to connect to the network. This happens using wep and wpa.

Also, is it possible to download other languages for the GB keyboard?

thanks for your work KK

Guest taannuk
Also, is it possible to download other languages for the GB keyboard?

Try to search the Market - I did and found but a few months ago though...

Guest Hemppa

Hi,

I have problem with this rom and mms-messages. My operator is TDC(virtual operator) but using DNA-operator network.

I cannot send mms-messages but internet(gprs/3g)works well. I added manually TDC´s mms acces point, but it not work. AP-list have DNA-operators "hard coded" mms-setting what i cannot remove or config.

How can I remove those "hard coded" AP:s?

ZTE BLADE 2.2 Swedish Spring SRL5

Guest Pondlife
I have problem with this rom and mms-messages. My operator is TDC(virtual operator) but using DNA-operator network.

Can't be sure as I don't know TDC but I used "All operator APNs Beta" by Tweakker from the marketplace to set mine up might find it can do yours they say they have 600 operators details in more than 150 countries...

In fact just saw TDC on their examples list on the it's page on the Market, so it's worth a go at least. :P

Guest Farquea

still no word on the Dialer partial wakelock problem people are reporting :P Even a reason for why it occurs would be nice because i dont want to go to GEN2 or reinstall the ROM in order to fix it just to find the problem still persists. Apart from this problem the ROM would be absolutely perfect for me and its even more annoying knowing how good the battery life can be when not having dailer partial wake lock as i had it working fine for a few days until i rebooted the phone and never been able to get rid of the problem since :rolleyes:

Guest k0zmic
still no word on the Dialer partial wakelock problem people are reporting :P Even a reason for why it occurs would be nice because i dont want to go to GEN2 or reinstall the ROM in order to fix it just to find the problem still persists. Apart from this problem the ROM would be absolutely perfect for me and its even more annoying knowing how good the battery life can be when not having dailer partial wake lock as i had it working fine for a few days until i rebooted the phone and never been able to get rid of the problem since :rolleyes:

Which apps did you have installed? Usually, the dialer problem is cured by a reboot. I had a similar problem but I found one of my apps was keeping a wakelock but spare parts was reporting the dialer was.

Try a clean install with nothing but Gapps and see what happens.

Guest Hemppa
Can't be sure as I don't know TDC but I used "All operator APNs Beta" by Tweakker from the marketplace to set mine up might find it can do yours they say they have 600 operators details in more than 150 countries...

In fact just saw TDC on their examples list on the it's page on the Market, so it's worth a go at least. :P

But "All operator APNs Beta" by Tweakker helps only with internet APN:s and it works in my phone. Im looking help for mms apn problem.

Guest Carbonize

OK so when I went to bed my phone battery was on about 75%. About 4 hours later I woke up and went to check the time on my phone to find it would not respond to anything. In the end I had to take the battery out and put it back to get the phone to work. Once started it told me the batter was low at 13%. So in 4 hours something had nearly drained the battery and caused the phone to lock up. This is not the first time this exact same scenario has happened to me. It's a rare occurrence and more baffling because of that.

Anyone else experienced this or something similar?

Guest vik1

hi guys

Just updated to this yesterday following some problems with Cm7 and am loving this rom! thanks for all the hard work Kallte Kaffe and others

Just one thing wierd - my email can't read certain characters from emails from people - eg ' is read as "8715"

I've been looking through the thread to see if anyone else has a fix for this - but lost in the pages (so sorry if this is a repost)

Thanks for any advice

Vik

Edited by vik1

Guest vik1
Hey All,

Firstly I just wanted to thank kallt kaffe and all the devs on here for their hard work and great mods. Secondly i've recently installed SS RLS5 on my blade and everything seems great. Performance and battery life are good compaired to other ROMs i've tried i do have one issue though. I understand the Blade has a problem with maintaining a WiFi connection during sleep. This is fine by me as the phone can sync while wake it. However SS RLS5, and to a lesser extent RLS4b seems to have an issue where WiFi doesn't reconnect immediatly from sleep a manual connect now always seems required for me. The previous ROMs i've had (JJ & FLB) don't seem to have this issue. Is there any workarounds? Or if not is there anything i can do to help bug fix?

there is an app to fix this - blade fix on the market. I have a similar problem and have had for a while - i end up using wifi keep alive - as i like it alert me when email comes through.

Guest rak007

Can anyone tell me if there is a reliable solution to avoid wifi connection dropping when phone goes to sleep ?

The wifi connection property (whatever it is) if set to NEVER does not work.

PS: I know this may have been asked before so please excuse.

Guest vik1
Can anyone tell me if there is a reliable solution to avoid wifi connection dropping when phone goes to sleep ?

The wifi connection property (whatever it is) if set to NEVER does not work.

PS: I know this may have been asked before so please excuse.

install app - wifi keep alive

enable work arounds 1 and 2

on your phone - on the advanced settings - set it to go off when the phone goes to sleep

works for me - but kills your battery

Guest Rooster#1
Basically more refinement. No disadvantages and you don't need to wipe.

Just go into recovery and select wipe cache and dalvik cache and flash.

Went painlessly... thanks !

Guest BL4D3
OK so when I went to bed my phone battery was on about 75%. About 4 hours later I woke up and went to check the time on my phone to find it would not respond to anything. In the end I had to take the battery out and put it back to get the phone to work. Once started it told me the batter was low at 13%. So in 4 hours something had nearly drained the battery and caused the phone to lock up. This is not the first time this exact same scenario has happened to me. It's a rare occurrence and more baffling because of that.

Anyone else experienced this or something similar?

I am far from an expert but... did you by any chance use one of the FM Radio apps on these occasions?

I have read here that the process does not end even after closing the app (needs to be killed) and I experienced something similar one night.

Guest Torque Monster
Hi,

I cannot send mms-messages but internet(gprs/3g)works well. I added manually TDC´s mms acces point, but it not work. AP-list have DNA-operators "hard coded" mms-setting what i cannot remove or config.

How can I remove those "hard coded" AP:s?

ZTE BLADE 2.2 Swedish Spring SRL5

With root explorer find and edit file "apns-conf.xml" (located in /system/etc) with setting that you would like to have. Then return edited file (if you were editing it on PC) otherwise just save it and go to setting (APN's) and do reset to default with access points. Wait for a min and two if it's still not working then restart phone and you should be ok.

Guest Carbonize
I am far from an expert but... did you by any chance use one of the FM Radio apps on these occasions?

I have read here that the process does not end even after closing the app (needs to be killed) and I experienced something similar one night.

I don't use the radio at all. In fact pretty sure I wasn't doing anything with it as I was on my tablet.

Guest CrystalLettuce
I seem to be having a problem with this, on the android apps site it isn't listing my phone. "There are no Android devices associated with this account."

Any help would be much appreciated

Although all contacts and apps have synced.

Same issue. Very annoyed.

Guest XpressAndy

Whenever I try to merge/join my facebook contact with phone contact manually, it gives me following error!

The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

What could be the issue?

Guest jaapaurelio

I have been using RL5 with aosp_contacts but I have one question.

The battery is affected using aosp_contacts? comparative with original contacts

Guest flshg
No ideas out there

So the phone connects ok to an open wifi? When you open a browser window and type some url, what happens? What error message do you get?