[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Carbonize

Can an admin please just ban this idiot as he has now posted the same question 6 or 7 times and been told repeatedly that there is no rls 6.

Guest Len Ash
Lancett, i don't understand you, what's the matter with you, you have too big shoe.

I realise that English isn't your first language, and I admire you for involving yourself in what is primarily an English forum, but you need to engage your brain and try hard to avoid making a complete idiot of yourself.

Can you do that?

Guest Lancez
I'm waiting for SS RLS6, btw what's the status now?

I'm very happy with RLS5 and many thanks for KK for excellent work, but still...

Haistakaa huilu koko torvisoittokunta.

Still waiting for rls6, please tell me the timetable.

Eager to install the the new release of this excellent rom.

Lancett, i don't understand you, what's the matter with you, you have too big shoe.

ok, we've got some reports about your behaviour. when the chief said it is final then it is final. please stop asking for an update over and over again.

if you really love what the chief is doing, you might PM him/her for a personal version.

Guest rak007

Just dropped by to say that this ROM is excellent. Have been using for a month and i found absolutely no reason for a new version or changing to CM7. The battery life is excellent for, goes without charging for more than 50 hours as per my usage pattern. Love SS RLS5.

Guest mcgee
Hi, I flashed RLS5 2 weeks ago and i've been having crashes and freezes frequently. I have flashed through Clockwork Recovery, wiped everything and i am not overclocking.

Sometimes when i wake up the device it has already turned off, sometimes when receiving a call or sms i can't unlock the phone, the display does not respond and i have to turn off the device and take the battery out.

What can i do?

redownload swedish spring, CHECK MD5 sum, completely wipe device, reinstall

I checked MD5 sum and completely wiped the device, so i am concerned that this could be an hardware failure, can it be?

I didn't want to spend another day installing another rom, apps, configs,...

Guest nigel was here

Hi

I am having no luck downloading the Swedish_Spring_RLS5.zip file from Mediafire. I have tried (over 2 days) with both Chrome and IE 9 and page just refreshes each time i click the download link. I also tried with Flashget but download stalls after 12%. Note that I am in Cuba, using a 56k dialup connection.

1. Do I need to get Pro account with MediaFire

2. Is there an alternative download server

3. Any other suggestions

Thanks

Guest k0zmic
Hi

I am having no luck downloading the Swedish_Spring_RLS5.zip file from Mediafire. I have tried (over 2 days) with both Chrome and IE 9 and page just refreshes each time i click the download link. I also tried with Flashget but download stalls after 12%. Note that I am in Cuba, using a 56k dialup connection.

1. Do I need to get Pro account with MediaFire

2. Is there an alternative download server

3. Any other suggestions

Thanks

1.)Nope

2.) I'll give you a mirror if you like?

Guest nigel was here
1.)Nope

2.) I'll give you a mirror if you like?

Yes please a mirror would be great.

BTW i created an account with MediaFire. But didn't help. I tried to create a Pro account but I couldn't cos Paypal blocks Cuba because it is US company. And so I tried to buy from Reseller with debit or credit card but they use Googlecheckout which also blocks Cuba becuase of the US "illegal" trade embargo.

So alternative download server which doesn't use MediaFire would be cool! Fabulous!

Thanks

Nigel

Guest cevcko

hi, i am new to this rom, but i like it already. i do have one question

when i am writting sms and when i am typing name of receiver i get to choose several different receivers, people in my contacts saved in sim card and some email addresses i wrote to them in my whole career of having that gmail account. i dun like this, i only want to choose from people saved in sim card and i dont find any options how to fix this. please help its a little annoying

Guest k0zmic
Yes please a mirror would be great.

BTW i created an account with MediaFire. But didn't help. I tried to create a Pro account but I couldn't cos Paypal blocks Cuba because it is US company. And so I tried to buy from Reseller with debit or credit card but they use Googlecheckout which also blocks Cuba becuase of the US "illegal" trade embargo.

So alternative download server which doesn't use MediaFire would be cool! Fabulous!

Thanks

Nigel

Don't bother buying it's not worth it IMO.

Oh they still don't trade?

Here's a mirror http://www.wuala.com/k0zmic/Public/Swedish_Spring_RLS5.zip/

Guest nigel was here

Fan bloo.. tastic !! Worked great. Thanks. Very appreciated. New ROM installed, and seems to work fine too.

Although i can't seem to use Android Market still.. couldn't with original ROM either.. from here in Cuba.. I think again cos the US embargo.. I suppose for some the Cold War goes on and some of those Apps might be used to launch missiles that they don't have.

How about a ROM with some Market alternatives pre-installed?

Guest k0zmic
Fan bloo.. tastic !! Worked great. Thanks. Very appreciated. New ROM installed, and seems to work fine too.

Although i can't seem to use Android Market still.. couldn't with original ROM either.. from here in Cuba.. I think again cos the US embargo.. I suppose for some the Cold War goes on and some of those Apps might be used to launch missiles that they don't have.

How about a ROM with some Market alternatives pre-installed?

What happens when you use the Market, doesn't load?

I suppose so!

You could try SlideME. There's also the Amazon App Store but that requires a US Credit Card and I bet it would be blocked.

Try set your Market to an American carrier's ID using this http://market-enabler.googlecode.com/files...er_v3.1.1.2.apk. It might get the Market to work.

Otherwise, a Proxy or VPN may work.

Guest FireRider2004

Hi there, i have got a question, cause i don´t know what happens,

my phone loses all Settings like standard Browser or SMS app :D if i turn it off and on again,

is this behavior normal?

best greetings and thanks a lot for your answer :D

Guest k0zmic
Hi there, i have got a question, cause i don´t know what happens,

my phone loses all Settings like standard Browser or SMS app :D if i turn it off and on again,

is this behavior normal?

best greetings and thanks a lot for your answer :D

Doesn't sound normal at all.

Guest nigel was here
What happens when you use the Market, doesn't load?

I suppose so!

You could try SlideME. There's also the Amazon App Store but that requires a US Credit Card and I bet it would be blocked.

Try set your Market to an American carrier's ID using this http://market-enabler.googlecode.com/files...er_v3.1.1.2.apk. It might get the Market to work.

Otherwise, a Proxy or VPN may work.

The market tries to load/connect but doesn't and after about 30 seconds it quits itself.

Yeah will try SlideMe and amazon.co.uk

Do proxies allow downloads.. and which one?

I can't get the market-enabler.googlecode.com/files/MarketEnabler_v3.1.1.2.apk because Google blocks Cuba from its googlecode.com site. Bit of a buma .. Good old Obama. He promised so much.. What a disappointment..

Guest k0zmic
The market tries to load/connect but doesn't and after about 30 seconds it quits itself.

Yeah will try SlideMe and amazon.co.uk

Do proxies allow downloads.. and which one?

I can't get the market-enabler.googlecode.com/files/MarketEnabler_v3.1.1.2.apk because Google blocks Cuba from its googlecode.com site. Bit of a buma .. Good old Obama. He promised so much.. What a disappointment..

Not sure to be honest. Try one that connects to the UK maybe?

Oh I'll Dropbox it for you: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6423051/MarketEnabler_v3.1.1.2.apk

Meh, I'd want some revenge if I was humiliated like America were at the Bay of Pigs.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest mark5290

Just installed this rom, everything seemed to go ok, but i have noticed that the physical home button no longer does anything, is it a bug or is it meant to be like that on this mod.

Guest Rooster#1
Just installed this rom, everything seemed to go ok, but i have noticed that the physical home button no longer does anything, is it a bug or is it meant to be like that on this mod.

NOT normal !! Should take you back to the home screen... from ANYWHERE !

Guest mark5290

Home button works ok in clockwork mode, carried out a factory reset from within the phones menu and the home button appears to be working ok now.

Guest mi_st

I have installed wiper.apk and tweaked gps.conf to enable wifi and agps.

But still can't get wi-fi positioning working.

Anyone fixed it?

Guest mrflibbles

The tweaked gps.conf listed here doesn't work well (for me) in the UK.

It's the top line I think, the europe.pool.ntp.org which for us UK people I think should be 0.uk.pool.ntp.org??

I installed this app which patches your gps.conf, launched it, (it needs root to be able to change the conf file), selected UK and I went out doors and got a fix in under 2 seconds. Having had no lock in the past for 20+ minutes!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=825717

Edited by mrflibbles