[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest k0zmic
Any chance of RLS6 having a higher headphones volume for music and power controls in the notifications bar?

Besides the fact that RLS6 is probably not coming, you might have some luck here for the headphones: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...e-music-louder/

For the power controls you can try this ROM based on FLB: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ware-gingerflb/

Edited by k0zmic

Guest joe90uk
Is there some delay when you switch on? It may not sleep if the settings for going to sleep have changed. Check to see if the settings are for to sleep when plugged in. You may have more success by performing a phone factory reset if not tried already.

As a side note, I am considering this ROM as well as FLB and Modaco Custom Rom to replace the stock UK orange rom. Heard of some saying battery life is poor. Is there still a blue tint also that used to be reported with the custom roms on a TFT display? My phone is GEN 1.

Also, what is missing from the stock orange rom (power widget/notification widgets)? I also want wifi to work so anyone know if this does as some not convinced? My firmware is 2.1 update 1 and just received from Orange for info.

Thanks

Well ive not messed with the settings for sleep, ive also flashed the ROM three times and not installed any apps the last time and kept it running like that for 2 days then i flashed the kernel and i still dont have any sleep locks i realy think its the fix somthing is amis with the custom kernal but i have no idea what.

Or could it have some thing to do with the B10 fix that was added to SS5? as SS4b had no sleep locks for me only SS5, any way its fixed and im happy.

Guest sumdumguy

thx for the tips guys.

i tried the audio boost files from that thread and it didn't make any noticable difference for me

i may try the portuguese spring rom instead

Guest Mikeandme

Anyone managed to get the "Total Recall" app (supposed to record both sides of a phone call) to work with Swedish Spring RLS 5? I can get it to record either one side of the call or the other but not both.

Guest Konstaa
Anyone managed to get the "Total Recall" app (supposed to record both sides of a phone call) to work with Swedish Spring RLS 5? I can get it to record either one side of the call or the other but not both.

Working with me, when selected recording strategy B in settings (default was A).

Guest Mikeandme
Working with me, when selected recording strategy B in settings (default was A).

Thanks Konstaa

That seems to work for me as well. Wish there was some decent write up that gave a hint to try A, B or C and what the differences might be. For that matter why does it sometimes allow a widget and other times not?

Seems like a good application but with poor documentation. Any extra guidance welcome.

Guest madsam106

Hi all, I have been running my Gen 1 Oled screen Blade

ScreenShot-3.png

as my first ever custon ROM for a couple of months now and am very happy with it and the fact that I eventually got my head round how to do it :D

The question is, would there be any advantage replacing it with the latest Swedish Spring and if so would I just download the zip file, drop it on to me SD card and then install via clockworkmod?

Many thanks to Kalt for all the development and giving me some street cred when explaining to me mates thaI've got a custon ROM on me phone :D

Guest k0zmic
Hi all, I have been running my Gen 1 Oled screen Blade

as my first ever custon ROM for a couple of months now and am very happy with it and the fact that I eventually got my head round how to do it :D

The question is, would there be any advantage replacing it with the latest Swedish Spring and if so would I just download the zip file, drop it on to me SD card and then install via clockworkmod?

Many thanks to Kalt for all the development and giving me some street cred when explaining to me mates thaI've got a custon ROM on me phone :D

Yeah, it's just more polished and a bit nippier IMO.

Yep, install via CWM. You should just wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest madsam106
Yeah, it's just more polished and a bit nippier IMO.

Yep, install via CWM. You should just wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.

Cheers Bruv, I'll give it a whirl, how do I do a nandroid backup in case i want to return me phone to it's present state (apps, settings etc)?

Guest k0zmic
Cheers Bruv, I'll give it a whirl, how do I do a nandroid backup in case i want to return me phone to it's present state (apps, settings etc)?

I think it's under Backup and Restore. Just hit backup and it'll begin.

Guest Asghar_UK

Anyone know how to change to sms messages screen to black with white font, at the moment its a bright white screen and black font.

There was an option to change the colour in FLBr11 but haven't been able to with this rom.

Is it possible to change the default sms reader?

Guest Amati

Can anyone be so kind and upload his/hers titanium backup of "Wi-Fi access points" from SS5 so that I could restore mine? The problem is that after upgrading from JJ7 to SS5 and spending hours of configuring and restoring my SF, I restored "Wi-Fi access points" from JJ7, and now Wi-Fi would not connect. Prior to restoring, it worked just fine. Now I know I could just flash the rom once again, but I so don't want to spend hours while configuring it once again from scratch. Or is there another way of fixing this issue?

EDIT: No need for anymore.

Edited by Amati

Guest Bittabola

I have recently installed this ROM. Is there a circle battery mod for this rom that does not change the status bar color -- I want it to be gray, not black. Thanks

Guest Blasphemous

Just realised I don't have Live Wallpapers! When I long press on the screen the only options I get for Wallpaper are: Gallery, Wallpaper Gallery and Wallpapers. There is no 'Live Wallpaper' option. Has this been turned off with this Rom?

Thank you in advance of any help.

Guest k0zmic
Just realised I don't have Live Wallpapers! When I long press on the screen the only options I get for Wallpaper are: Gallery, Wallpaper Gallery and Wallpapers. There is no 'Live Wallpaper' option. Has this been turned off with this Rom?

Thank you in advance of any help.

There should be an option, try install a Live Wallpaper from the Market, it may re-appear.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest Blasphemous
They shouldn't be, try install a Live Wallpaper from the Market, it may re-appear.

Thank you for replying k0zmic. I just downloaded 'Blu Skies Live Wallpaper' from the Market. Long press but still have no Live Wallpaper option! Tried launching it from the Menu key but there's still no Live Wallpaper option! I'm totally confused as to how/why there is no Live Wallpaper option.

Guest k0zmic
Thank you for replying k0zmic. I just downloaded 'Blu Skies Live Wallpaper' from the Market. Long press but still have no Live Wallpaper option! Tried launching it from the Menu key but there's still no Live Wallpaper option! I'm totally confused as to how/why there is no Live Wallpaper option.

Odd, check /system/app and see if there's a Livewallpaper Picker.apk.

Guest Blasphemous
Odd, check /system/app and see if there's a Livewallpaper Picker.apk.

AHHHH!!!! Thank you for that prompt k0zmic. I'm an idiot! I must have frozen the picker in Titanium! Sorted now.

Thank you very much once again.

Guest Aurimas L.

Strange on my gen2 (was gen1) gps doesnt detect my current location... It starts to work again after reflash, but stops at rebooting the phone... Very strange. Maybe someone got the same problem? :D

The downloadning from the market also doesn't work...