[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest geegeethatsme
what does AHB Overclock do???

Should I install it??????

PLZ REPLY...

Well the word "overclock" is a bit of a giveaway. But in essence, as I understand KK's mod, it utilises additional functionality in the ARM chip that drives the Blade and may offer some performance advantage. I think the jury is out on that as posts elsewhere in this Topic will testify - try a Search on AHB. Personally, I doubt the Blade's physical architecture is really that tweakable without introducing trade-offs in stability or even just the life of some components. I'd reckon there is more benefit to be had through smarter and more efficient rom design and software exploitation - which is where SS5 scores highly in my view.

Guest 167pk
Have you tried it yourself? Swedish Spring is not listed among supported firmwares

I already tried & it work!!

110512111864524d1b0756abf6.jpg

Edited by 167pk

Guest HarrieNL

Today, I found out that disabling the "auto screen rotate" function dramatically increases battery life. When disabled, my battery last 3 to 4 times longer! Apparently, this has something to do with the akmd2 proces, which keeps polling the motion sensors, even when the phone should be in standby. This causes that the phone does not go into sleep or something. Hopefully this can be fixed, since I think this is the cause of the poor battery life some people complain about. Maybe you guys can try for yourselves and share the results!

edit: I have to correct this. Yesterday I did a reinstall, and a battery calibration. Now I don't have any problem with the battery, even with screen rotation on!

Edited by HarrieNL

Guest flshg
Today, I found out that disabling the "auto screen rotate" function dramatically increases battery life. When disabled, my battery last 3 to 4 times longer! Apparently, this has something to do with the akmd2 proces, which keeps polling the motion sensors, even when the phone should be in standby. This causes that the phone does not go into sleep or something. Hopefully this can be fixed, since I think this is the cause of the poor battery life some people complain about. Maybe you guys can try for yourselves and share the results!

I've already had this disabled for the last couple of days and not found much difference unfortunately. However I didnt have a problem with the battery drain in standby, so this might still work for those people that have found high drain on standby.

Guest Tech2010

Hi,

Thanks for this Post. I've Dell DXC35 Gen 2.2 phone which is ZTE blade clone. I'm not sure this ROM applies to DELL XCD35 phone. Should be. Also I'm bit confused by flashing process as there are too many branches for installation process. I've rooted and flashed many roms on my GTab, Cruz Reader but this one is finding difficult and I don't want to brick my phone with wrong steps. Normally process is to root it with some rooting utility Zroot, then install clockworkmod and then copy rom on SD card and install but this process is different.

Can somebody post installation steps in one place. Sorry for my confusion

Thanks in advance

Regards

Tech2010

Guest simonsays1
I've already had this disabled for the last couple of days and not found much difference unfortunately. However I didnt have a problem with the battery drain in standby, so this might still work for those people that have found high drain on standby.

I'm going to give this a try.

My blade easily lasts the day on SS RLS5 although when I overclock it it can die much earlier.

Guest bass2k8

Hey guys I have got a problem.

The other day I was using my phone, and when i went to launch the camera application my phone just locked up and then restarted. Now I am stuck with the android green man booting screen.

So I then decided to take the battery out and back in, and it still won't go past the android green man. What I did next was to boot into ClockWork (Holding Power + Menu + Volume Up/Down) and then reinstalled the ROM using the update function. And I still receive this green man nonsense?

Help Please, I have a GEN 1 Orange San Franscico (ZTE Blade).

Guest Pierreism

Try doing a full factory wipe and cache wipe in Clockwork before you install the ROM again. That should clear up any problems.

Guest bass2k8
Try doing a full factory wipe and cache wipe in Clockwork before you install the ROM again. That should clear up any problems.

Hey, I managed to get the stock ROM on my SD card by using a multi card reader. I installed it using Total Phone Transfer (TPT) and it managed to install. Once it rebooted it went up to the Orange logo (Progress!!) But now I have another problem that needs resolving. Basically I cannot boot up my phone, without the USB charger plugged in?!

Guest Pierreism

Yikes! Problems aplenty. As long as you have the Orange logo showing on boot maybe you could get a replacement from them. How old is it?

Guest bass2k8
Yikes! Problems aplenty. As long as you have the Orange logo showing on boot maybe you could get a replacement from them. How old is it?

I purchased it around February/March this year. Do they come with a 12 months warranty? Because I bought it from Argos and I don't think I can return it there? :S

Guest Pierreism

ah damn, I doubt it if it's from Argos but it's always worth a try. Try a full power cycle/battery drain cleanse just to be sure it can't be fixed on it's own. That might mean you have to leave the battery out of the phone for a day or two, then try wiping, reinstalling ROM through Clockwork again.

Guest Pondlife
I purchased it around February/March this year. Do they come with a 12 months warranty? Because I bought it from Argos and I don't think I can return it there? :S

Took one back to Argos after I'd had it about six weeks when it went wangy, they swapped it over there and then for a new one, was expecting maybe an argument and for it to have to go for repairs.

And yep 12 months for the phone, 6 for the bits and bobs. Remember to get your stuff off the memory card.

Guest bass2k8
Took one back to Argos after I'd had it about six weeks when it went wangy, they swapped it over there and then for a new one, was expecting maybe an argument and for it to have to go for repairs.

And yep 12 months for the phone, 6 for the bits and bobs. Remember to get your stuff off the memory card.

Nice, thanks for the info man.

Btw I think I've resolved my solution. My battery has this black/green spot on the 3rd terminal (on the right). I am thinking this is because of the terminals corroding it, so i bended the terminals up a bit, and now its turning on ;) Hopefully its a permanent fix!

Guest Pondlife
Nice, thanks for the info man.

Btw I think I've resolved my solution. My battery has this black/green spot on the 3rd terminal (on the right). I am thinking this is because of the terminals corroding it, so i bended the terminals up a bit, and now its turning on ;) Hopefully its a permanent fix!

No worries.

Sounds odd, checked mine and they are all clean, mind you it's much newer. Glad you seem to have sorted it anyway, hope it lasts :P

Guest bass2k8

Right guys, its happened again. Installed the ROM yesterday, been working perfectly normal. Went to open my Gallery and the phone just restarted. Now I'm stuck on the green android man again. Took out battery, and inserted back in, still stuck on green android man?! WTF is wrong with this ROM? I'm gonna try a different ROM this time!

Guest Rooster#1

"WTF is wrong with this ROM?"

Not much, as you can gather by the hundreds who use it..... the question you should have asked is : "WTF have I done wrong... ?"

Guest k0zmic
"WTF is wrong with this ROM?"

Not much, as you can gather by the hundreds who use it..... the question you should have asked is : "WTF have I done wrong... ?"

+1. SS was rock solid for me.

The green man problem can be sorted sometimes by just waiting, sometimes it takes a bit longer than usual.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest Shahmatt

Question,

I am using RLS4b. As I remember, 4b was only 87MB or thereabouts.

Release 5 is 120MB according to the edited first post.

Can someone explain to me why there is such a large increase in ROM size?

Guest Len Ash
Question,

I am using RLS4b. As I remember, 4b was only 87MB or thereabouts.

Release 5 is 120MB according to the edited first post.

Can someone explain to me why there is such a large increase in ROM size?

There isn't - you may have noticed that the ROM is zipped. 87M is the zipped size.

Jeez....