[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest simonsays1
+1. SS was rock solid for me.

The green man problem can be sorted sometimes by just waiting, sometimes it takes a bit longer than usual.

SS RLS5 is totally rock solid for me as well, and I've used quite a few ROMS before settling on this one.

I sometimes think about trying CM7 again, but then I read about the various problems and stay with SS.

Guest k0zmic
SS RLS5 is totally rock solid for me as well, and I've used quite a few ROMS before settling on this one.

I sometimes think about trying CM7 again, but then I read about the various problems and stay with SS.

I use CM7 now, it's problem free for the vast majority people so it's probably worth giving a go.

Guest mrflibbles

If anyone in the UK is still struggling to get their GPS to work reliably on SS then I really recommend updating you gps.conf

I am still not 100% sure what every setting does but I now get an A-GPS lock in about 1-2 seconds (you obviously need to have a WiFi or Cellular data connection) and a real GPS lock usually within 30 seconds. Before I could not get either lock no matter how long I searched.

NTP_SERVER=uk.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=0.uk.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=1.uk.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=2.uk.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=3.uk.pool.ntp.org

XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

INTERMEDIATE_POS=1

C2K_HOST=c2k.pde.com

C2K_PORT=1234

SUPL_HOST=FQDN

SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com

SUPL_PORT=7276

SUPL_SECURE_PORT=7275

SUPL_NO_SECURE_PORT=3425

SUPL_TLS_HOST=FQDN

SUPL_TLS_CERT=/etc/SuplRootCert

ACCURACY_THRES=5000

CURRENT_CARRIER=common

DEFAULT_USER_PLANE=TRUE

REPORT_POSITION_USE_SUPL_REFLOC=1

Edited by mrflibbles

Guest Dzhedaj

Sorry, if this has been asked, but I can't find the answer...

Does Swedish Spring ROM work with 5 megapixel cameras?

I know Japanese Jellyfish did work with those, but that is not maintained or updated any more.

Guest k0zmic
Sorry, if this has been asked, but I can't find the answer...

Does Swedish Spring ROM work with 5 megapixel cameras?

I know Japanese Jellyfish did work with those, but that is not maintained or updated any more.

Yep it's meant to.

Guest geezerone
If anyone in the UK is still struggling to get their GPS to work reliably on SS then I really recommend updating you gps.conf

I am still not 100% sure what every setting does but I now get an A-GPS lock in about 1-2 seconds (you obviously need to have a WiFi or Cellular data connection) and a real GPS lock usually within 30 seconds. Before I could not get either lock no matter how long I searched.

NTP_SERVER=uk.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=0.uk.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=1.uk.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=2.uk.pool.ntp.org

NTP_SERVER=3.uk.pool.ntp.org

XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

INTERMEDIATE_POS=1

C2K_HOST=c2k.pde.com

C2K_PORT=1234

SUPL_HOST=FQDN

SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com

SUPL_PORT=7276

SUPL_SECURE_PORT=7275

SUPL_NO_SECURE_PORT=3425

SUPL_TLS_HOST=FQDN

SUPL_TLS_CERT=/etc/SuplRootCert

ACCURACY_THRES=5000

CURRENT_CARRIER=common

DEFAULT_USER_PLANE=TRUE

REPORT_POSITION_USE_SUPL_REFLOC=1

GPS locks well out and about but in the car doesn't lock at all though put that down to the reflective windscreen in the car. My TomTom works fine though so maybe just a more sensitive antenna perhaps than the SF?

Guest Rooster#1
GPS locks well out and about but in the car doesn't lock at all though put that down to the reflective windscreen in the car. My TomTom works fine though so maybe just a more sensitive antenna perhaps than the SF?

Doesn't work AT ALL for me :-( Sat outside for 10 minutes, found 3 sats - VERY slowly (no location though) , then I got my son to open GPS TOOLBOX on his Samsung and he got a location fix in 12 seconds !! AAAARRRGGGHHH

Where are you guys putting the GPS config file ? Im dropping it into both "ect" and "system/ect" is this correct ?

If so, why isnt mine working ? I presume this file will serve all models of SF ?

(gen 1 oled)

Thanks

Edited by Rooster#1

Guest oliverjh

Hi just installed this. So far I'm impressed - due to exams I couldn't be arsed sorting out the dreadful first release CM7 lol

Guest flshg
Doesn't work AT ALL for me :-( Sat outside for 10 minutes, found 3 sats - VERY slowly (no location though) , then I got my son to open GPS TOOLBOX on his Samsung and he got a location fix in 12 seconds !! AAAARRRGGGHHH

Where are you guys putting the GPS config file ? Im dropping it into both "ect" and "system/ect" is this correct ?

If so, why isnt mine working ? I presume this file will serve all models of SF ?

(gen 1 oled)

Thanks

the system/etc folder is correct (they are actually both the same folder, as etc is symlinked to system/etc)

edit: or should that be mounted rather than symlinked?

Edited by flshg

Guest Sennep

Ok, im new to this and i need some help to get my stock 2.1 to [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5.

1. I used universal androot to root my phone for superuser for android 2.0 - 2.2

2. I installed •ZTE-Blade Recovery Manager 0.36b (check you get the right one - 0.36b)

3. I added the recovery-clockwork - 4.0.0.2 with recovery manager 0.36b

But when im going to add the firmware for the Swedish Spring RLS5 i get a error when i press install firmware in recovery manager.

Error: Sorry currently only ClockworkMod Recovery is supported for installing a new Firmware!

What have i done wrong, and what can i do to get the new ROM to my ZTE Blade?

Guest k0zmic
But when im going to add the firmware for the Swedish Spring RLS5 i get a error when i press install firmware in recovery manager.

Error: Sorry currently only ClockworkMod Recovery is supported for installing a new Firmware!

You don't install SS via Recovery Manager, you install the Clockworkmod image via Recovery Manager.

Afterwards, reboot into recovery and Flash SS via 'Install Zip from SD Card'.

Guest psycho84

Does anybody know if there is a way to get accelerometer, orientation and magnetic sensors drivers out of the softbank kernel and install them separately?

Thanks for your answers!

Guest geezerone
Ok, im new to this and i need some help to get my stock 2.1 to [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5.

1. I used universal androot to root my phone for superuser for android 2.0 - 2.2

2. I installed •ZTE-Blade Recovery Manager 0.36b (check you get the right one - 0.36b)

3. I added the recovery-clockwork - 4.0.0.2 with recovery manager 0.36b

Use ROM Manager and install Clockwork 3.0.1.4 using it - may find that works a bit easier for you.

Guest Rooster#1

(gen 1 oled)

Thanks

Gave in and reflashed ROM.... GPS working again !!!! wish the PC was as easy to reinstall OS ;-)

Guest geezerone

@rooster - glad it worked ok after the firmware reflashing. I get a poor/moderate signal where I am and confirmed this using another Android phone (unmodded in any way). Wish it worked in the car though as car mode is useless without it. Maybe some sort of external gps for a SF perhaps.

Guest Rooster#1
@rooster - glad it worked ok after the firmware reflashing. I get a poor/moderate signal where I am and confirmed this using another Android phone (unmodded in any way). Wish it worked in the car though as car mode is useless without it. Maybe some sort of external gps for a SF perhaps.

Granted, mine IS low in signal comped to my sons Samsung... but it does just fine in the car - and mine also has heated screen ! you should easily get enough signals through the side windows anyway.

Anyone else having issues with in-car use ?

Guest Pondlife
Gave in and reflashed ROM.... GPS working again !!!! wish the PC was as easy to reinstall OS ;-)

Is it as quick as the other phone now? Well in fairness the pc's os is rather larger. Given the hassles I had upgrading one to windows 7, I take the point. ;)

Guest ian_c_here

I use a Holux M-1000 gps receiver and Bluetooth GPS from the Market. This combo gives excellent results both incar and outside. I find it marginally more accurate than the inbuilt GPS. My phone GPS is out by about 10M when used outdoors.

Guest lambo28

Is it me or is it impossible to scroll through old text messages whilst composing a new text once the new text message is over 4 lines long. Btw i'm using the stock application.

Guest k0zmic
Is it me or is it impossible to scroll through old text messages whilst composing a new text once the new text message is over 4 lines long. Btw i'm using the stock application.

It is a bit difficult. You could try another SMS app. Handcent, GoSMS and ChompSMS are all good alternatives.

Guest jonmac73

Hi all,

looking at moving back from PS 3b to SS 5. Some things are noticeably smoother (games, animations,) but minor but annoying issues with no dev fixes.

Anyone done this - do I need to wipe ?

Also recommendations for the different kernels ? Is one better than others ? Can you o/c on all ?

Thanks

Guest Rooster#1
Is it as quick as the other phone now? Well in fairness the pc's os is rather larger. Given the hassles I had upgrading one to windows 7, I take the point. ;)

Yes its as quick... sometimes quicker than my sons Sammy now ! Plus now getting lock indoors... wish Id tried this weeks ago ! Thats what you get for fiddling with config files ! LOL

As for PC OS's .... the issue isnt installing the OS, its the million updates from Ms.... plus all the passwords you forgot to write down that takes weeks to get "back to normal" !!! haha