Botched mcr install - what next please?

Guest Kooky

Guest Kooky

Installing the custom ROM didn't go well and the Vega only shows the android bug at start up and then hangs. My plan is to put it in recovery & then try again.

My questions are;

Do I need the stock ROM installed first?

If the stock ROM is required, do I need to faff about with the drivers again, or can I go straight to the mcr install once it shows on the device manager as android phone?

The android adb (level down from Android Phone) shows in an error state, (yellow triangle with !) I've reinstalled the driver and it still shows an error. What should I do?

I'm sorry for the irritating newbie questions, I've been scouring these pages for answers in an effort not to annoy, but as I'm got time constraints on fixing my vega, I have to ask for help.

Thank you in advance,

Edited by Kooky

Guest redroadster
Installing the custom ROM didn't go well and the Vega only shows the android bug at start up and then hangs. My plan is to put it in recovery & then try again.

My questions are;

If the stock ROM is required, do I need to faff about with the drivers again, or can I go straight to the mcr install once it shows on the device manager as android phone?

The android composite adb (level down fron Android Phone) shows in an error state, (yellow triangle with !) - does that mean I need to re-install a driver? If so, which one?

I'm sorry for the irritating newbie questions, I've been scouring these pages for answers in an effort not to annoy, but as I'm got time constraints on fixing my vega, I have to ask for help.

Thank you in advance,

Hi, I did the same got the green man icon - reflashed original rom - then used xp laptop ( windows 7 would not work for me ) to install latest rom and all went well - unless anyone else know better....

Guest Country Bumkin

My questions are;

The android adb (level down from Android Phone) shows in an error state, (yellow triangle with !) I've reinstalled the driver and it still shows an error. What should I do?

Thank you in advance,

Yes it is best to re-install the Vega stock 1.09 firmware before trying again, I had to do this with a botched install myself.

You will have to go through the full change drivers etc to install the firmware then go back and change them again to install the ROM.

I also had the yellow exclamation mark on my drivers once I had installed the 1.09 firmware and traced it to the old boot-loader drivers causing a conflict with the ADB drivers (the boot-loader driver did not show up in Device Manager).

Using this link http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...4/#entry1527188

And starting the USBDeview program in administrator mode I was able to delete the offending drivers and then the ADB drive started working (I found 2 drivers that I had to delete, see the instruction thread).

With thanks to arad85 for the very clear instructions.

Regards, CB

Guest Kooky
Yes it is best to re-install the Vega stock 1.09 firmware before trying again, I had to do this with a botched install myself.

You will have to go through the full change drivers etc to install the firmware then go back and change them again to install the ROM.

I also had the yellow exclamation mark on my drivers once I had installed the 1.09 firmware and traced it to the old boot-loader drivers causing a conflict with the ADB drivers (the boot-loader driver did not show up in Device Manager).

Using this link http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...4/#entry1527188

And starting the USBDeview program in administrator mode I was able to delete the offending drivers and then the ADB drive started working (I found 2 drivers that I had to delete, see the instruction thread).

With thanks to arad85 for the very clear instructions.

Regards, CB

Thank you for your help. :D I did as you suggested and have completed the install. Now to sit down and explore my Vega. That was about 10 hours of my life I don't want to repeat, BUT, I did learn lots and won't be scared of doing this again.

Guest Kooky
Hi, I did the same got the green man icon - reflashed original rom - then used xp laptop ( windows 7 would not work for me ) to install latest rom and all went well - unless anyone else know better....

Thank you for your help. I've finally got R8 installed. Now off to play :D

Guest redroadster
Thank you for your help. I've finally got R8 installed. Now off to play :D

Good work mate - you sorted it a lot quicker than me....

Guest warwound

There is an alternative to flashing your Vega twice to unbrick it...

But you need to have had ClockworkMod installed before bricking it and to have made a backup.

You can then hack the stock firmware installer so that it flashes your ClockworkMod backup instead of the stock ROM:

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...-rom-installer/

I haven't tried it yet but will next time i need to reflash my Vega.

warwound