I've obviously been a silly boy!

Guest washboardmac

Guest washboardmac

Hi Folks

Been reading for a while and haven't needed help but now I do!

Was on r6 from new and all was dandy. Now after upgrading to r8 I find that I'd left Launcher Pro as the default and cannot get the Vega to properly start as all I get is a constant FC. I can tell the machine is working 'ok' behind the scenes as 'report' works ok and I can reconnect via usb.

Is there a fix for this apart from flashing from recovery mode? I'd like to think that there may be a command line solution from ADW to restore the default launcher.

Any ideas?

Ta

Andy

Guest trevor432990

Which app is the FC coming from? If it is Launcher Pro you should be able to uninstall using ADB and reboot because I believe the stock launcher should still be there and load the device again at least then you might be able to recover LP from a backup (assuming you made one). :D

Guest washboardmac
Which app is the FC coming from? If it is Launcher Pro you should be able to uninstall using ADB and reboot because I believe the stock launcher should still be there and load the device again at least then you might be able to recover LP from a backup (assuming you made one). :D

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Yes it's Launcher Pro that's FCing. I don't have a back for LP but i'm not worried about that.

So the next question is "how do I uninstall LP from the Android command line?"

Cheers

Andy

Guest trevor432990

Assuming you've got LP loaded into /system/app and you are using Windows on your PC then the ADB commands would be:-

adb-windows remount

adb-windows shell rm /system/app/Launcherpro.apk

adb-windows reboot

P.S> Going offline for rest of the evening so if you get stuck I'm sure someone else can help. Good luck :D

Edited by trevor432990

Guest washboardmac
Assuming you've got LP loaded into /system/app and you are using Windows on your PC then the ADB commands would be:-

adb-windows remount

adb-windows shell rm /system/app/Launcherpro.apk

adb-windows reboot

P.S> Going offline for rest of the evening so if you get stuck I'm sure someone else can help. Good luck :D

Thanks for that. Have just been on developer.android.com and could see install but not uninstall. Was wondering if installing the stock launcher rather than just pushing it would work.

Will try your commands right now.

Many thanks, have a good evening.

Andy

Guest washboardmac
Thanks for that. Have just been on developer.android.com and could see install but not uninstall. Was wondering if installing the stock launcher rather than just pushing it would work.

Will try your commands right now.

Many thanks, have a good evening.

Andy

SUCCESS!

Got it removed and with a reboot back with stock launcher.

You got me 99% of the way there; it was the location and apk name that took a while to get right.

Android System Info on my Galaxy S told me the path so I manually used the shell command and the only two linux commands I know - cd and ls - and found the file. For the record the apk lives in /data/apps and is called com.fede.launcher-1.apk

Once again many thanks.

Andy

Edited by washboardmac

Guest Sach1
SUCCESS!

Got it removed and with a reboot back with stock launcher.

You got me 99% of the way there; it was the location and apk name that took a while to get right.

Android System Info on my Galaxy S told me the path so I manually used the shell command and the only two linux commands I know - cd and ls - and found the file. For the record the apk lives in /data/apps and is called com.fede.launcher-1.apk

Once again many thanks.

Andy

Hi

I'm planning on upgrading from r6 to r9 soon and I use Launcher Pro as my default launcher. Will I suffer the same problem as you and if so, what should I do prior to upgrading?

Thanks

Sachin

Guest washboardmac
Hi

I'm planning on upgrading from r6 to r9 soon and I use Launcher Pro as my default launcher. Will I suffer the same problem as you and if so, what should I do prior to upgrading?

Thanks

Sachin

Hi

I believe you will suffer the same problem as it seems that the Rom install breaks Launcher Pro. What you need to do is use Home Switcher to set the stock launcher as default.

Good luck.

Andy