Sending back SPV! Orange Suck!

Guest Third_of_Five

Guest Third_of_Five

I received a replacement phone for the hang up problem described in this post (http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=236).

The new phone had exactly the same problem. It's a design fault with the keypad if you ask me. It clicks before it's made electrical contact I suspect.

Anyway, I rang up to get it sorted, but asked how my 14 day return would be affected.

First I was told its not 14 days, its 7 working days on an upgrade. I am convinced I was told 14 days when I upgraded. I was then told it used to be 14 days on this phone but hasn't been for some time (it's only been out less than 2 weeks). Sounds like I am been fed smelly brown stuff.

I then told Orange I was happy to work with Orange to correct these faults, provided I did not loose the option to cancel my upgrade.

I was told that if I go past the 7 days, all they will do is send me out a new phone each time I report it faulty (even with the same fault). I won't be able to send it back for a refund.

I then spouted Consumer Rights to the upgrades department (who I had been put through to by then) and they then changed their story and said if the phone was diagnosed faulty within 28 days, I could get a refund.

Then the operater twigged I was running on a replacement handset and said, oh, you can't even return it under your 7 day return agreement cos you have had a replacement !!!

At this point I lost it a bit. By this time I was getting fed up with the way orange support were treating me.

I'll go and ask a supervisor. She said (obviously sensing my distress).

About turn. Yes, you can return for a full refund, just give us the IMEI number of the one you have now.

Arrgh!!

So, all in all, here's my summary:

The phone is BUGGED. Some of the bugs/faults make the phone unusable.

Orange Customer Support are not in the slightest bit interested in helping sort the problems with the phone out. Basically they just want you to go away.

The amount of miss information (being as polite as I can) that comes out of Orange Customer Support is disgraceful.

This has to be the worst customer support experience from Orange I have had yet, and past experiences have not always been good (I remember when my 8310 was faulty).

I think I will wait for the next Smartphone OS powered phone (or alternative), preferably on a different network so I can finally dump Orange once and for all (I have been a customer with orange for over 5 years, probably longer).

Orange have simply grown too big for their boots and the individual customer means absolublty nothing to them.

Humm... now what should I do with the SD card I ordered which hasn't even arrived yet!

Guest Shuflie

Does the problem appear after you have been talking on the phone for a while? If so has your screen switched off before you press the hang-up button? When you press the button the first time this brings the screen back to life and the phone needs the button to be pressed a second time to actually hang up. You could go to your power settings and set the screen saver to none but this would only drain your battery more quickly, the best thing to do is just press the button twice every time to be on the safe side, after a while it becomes second nature and you don't even notice yourself doing it.

Guest Third_of_Five
the best thing to do is just press the button twice every time to be on the safe side

No, it's a phone, it should hang up when you press it first time. I shouldn't have to work around it's faults.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion, but the phone is going back.