Showcasing the Vega

Guest amithc

Guest amithc

Hi All,

I just wondered what other people do when they want to show off the features of the vega ? I appreciate these are not necessarily tablet specific

I usually show them:

1) web browsing, (with Flash, naturally), tabbed browsing in Dolphin

2) a divx 1080p sample video

3) Angry birds and/or Stupid Zombies

4) Some downloaded iplayer programs.

5) Tune In radio

6) Using 3g, by running my android phone as a Wifi Hotspot

7) The gallery because the scrolling is quick and the pictures are detailed

8) HDMI out to a big telly

9) Adobe PDF viewer shows the documents with diagrams quite nicely, though i haven't found the navigation in acrobat reader always works.

AC

Guest trevor432990

Google Maps works nicely and down to Street View especially impressive then switch on the external BT GPS Receiver to show them how you can use the Vega as a giant Sat Nav :D

@amithc Can you tell us how you managed to download iPlayer programmes as I thought that wasn't supported in their Android app yet?

Edited by trevor432990

Guest amithc
Google Maps works nicely and down to Street View especially impressive then switch on the external BT GPS Receiver to show them how you can use the Vega as a giant Sat Nav ;)

@amithc Can you tell us how you managed to download iPlayer programmes as I thought that wasn't supported in their Android app yet?

Unfortunately, I didn't find a way to download direct to the tablet, however, i did use get_iplayer

( http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/html/get_iplayer.html ) to download them onto the pc, and them copy them onto the vega using the usb cable, they play fine from the gallery using the built into "movies" app.

Guest trevor432990
Unfortunately, I didn't find a way to download direct to the tablet, however, i did use get_iplayer

( http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/html/get_iplayer.html ) to download them onto the pc, and them copy them onto the vega using the usb cable, they play fine from the gallery using the built into "movies" app.

Oh I see that's interesting might try that myself sometime although hopefully they will update their Android iPlayer to offer it soon. Thanks

Guest blcollier
Oh I see that's interesting might try that myself sometime although hopefully they will update their Android iPlayer to offer it soon. Thanks

Doubtful. The official PC "Download" version of the iPlayer has DRM built in to the video files it downloads: downloads expire after a certain amount of time, once you start watching you only have a limited about of time to watch it. Pretty standard stuff. Android, as far as I know, doesn't support any kind of DRM scheme (unless it's built into a specific app).

To be honest though, I'm more than happy with the streaming service.

Guest peter a
Android, as far as I know, doesn't support any kind of DRM scheme (unless it's built into a specific app).

So what is System/DrmProvider.apk for !!!!