Android Market parallel update problem

Guest trevor432990

Guest trevor432990

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed the situation occurring when Android Market tries to update two (or presumably more) apps via automatic update it gets stuck !? I have to cancel the updates then re-do the updates one at a time manually then all is OK. Very strange. :D

Guest Lennyuk

Android market on all devices seems to have a bug when you try to update too many apps at once, this limit seems to vary between devices but its best to start them all one by one by hand rather than click "update all".

Guest simonta

Y'all will hate me but me too! I've had this in Market on every Android build I've ever tried.

Whilst we're here, am I the only one who also finds the apps list freezes and just keeps looping round the same 10 or 15 apps over and over? Need to give it a quick flick to the bottom to get it to pick up the next batch of apps in the list.

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Guest trevor432990

Thanks guys I'll turn off automatic updates on my apps then if it is going to cause this issue but hopefully Google are aware of it and will fix it in due course.

Oooh while I'm here does anyone know of a way to stop the Market checking for updates on an app ever again? I have one app which I 'never' want to update again because later releases I've heard introduce a bug so would like Market to ignore the app altogether.

EDIT: Aaargh cannot turn off automatic updates now either as there does not seem to be an option to do this grrrrr :D

Edited by trevor432990

Guest simonta

Hey Trevor, there's an app for that :D

From memory, I think it's called market toggle. Give me a shout if you can't find it, I think I've got it in a Titanium backup somewhere..

Cheers

Guest trevor432990
Hey Trevor, there's an app for that :D

From memory, I think it's called market toggle. Give me a shout if you can't find it, I think I've got it in a Titanium backup somewhere..

Cheers

Hi Simon ... did a quick search on Market but no app called 'Market Toggle' so if you can find the actual name that'd be great :(

Guest simonta
Went to the AppBrain link given and it says the app is no longer available on the Market cough cough :D

Sorry Trevor. Looks like it's a dead project

From this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...9451&page=3

You might have noticed it from the angry comments in the Market, but this app doesn't work anymore since the last Android Market update. Now when you use it, you unlink all your apps from Market, and sometimes Market crashes on load. You have to force close Market, clear its data and cache, and then install some app to get your app list in Market. Please update! (Stock Froyo on HTC Desire, Market 2.2.11)

Guest trevor432990

OK no probs Simon there seem to be other tools which do the same thing but don't want to mess my account up so will just have to remember not to touch some apps when it comes to updates that's all. Thanks for your investigations anyway :D

Guest yabbas
Whilst we're here, am I the only one who also finds the apps list freezes and just keeps looping round the same 10 or 15 apps over and over? Need to give it a quick flick to the bottom to get it to pick up the next batch of apps in the list.

No (simple answer).

I get this too :-s