Cannot upgrade to Android 2.2

Guest somaj3

Guest somaj3

I just purchased a Dell Streak from Best Buy and am using AT&T as the carrier. The Android version is 1.6 . I tried using the "check for updates" option in the settings->about phone section but it says no updates are available. I also have not recieved a notifacation for the update via the OTA update. So is there an issue here? How do I get the 2.2 (Froyo) version of Android? :D

Thanks

Guest rahulkadukar
I just purchased a Dell Streak from Best Buy and am using AT&T as the carrier. The Android version is 1.6 . I tried using the "check for updates" option in the settings->about phone section but it says no updates are available. I also have not recieved a notifacation for the update via the OTA update. So is there an issue here? How do I get the 2.2 (Froyo) version of Android? :D

Thanks

Was your wifi switched on ?

Guest Zaque

Thanks

This is the latest AT&T Rom (Froyo) http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/Streak_340_14844_31.pkg

1. It needs to be renamed to update.pkg and copied to the root of your device's memory card.

2. Turn off your phone and restart it by pressing and holding volume up + down buttons and the power button.

3. This should take you to the recovery menu where you can select option 2 to do the software upgrade from a pkg file

# The camera button is used to select items in the menu

After upgrading the phone will do a factory reset and 5 or so minutes later you'll be up and running with Android 2.2 (Froyo)

Zac

Guest somaj3
This is the latest AT&T Rom (Froyo) http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/Streak_340_14844_31.pkg

1. It needs to be renamed to update.pkg and copied to the root of your device's memory card.

2. Turn off your phone and restart it by pressing and holding volume up + down buttons and the power button.

3. This should take you to the recovery menu where you can select option 2 to do the software upgrade from a pkg file

After upgrading the phone will do a factory reset and 5 or so minutes later you'll be up and running with Android 2.2 (Froyo)

Zac

Most awsome, worked like a charm. Thanks!

Guest Zaque
Most awsome, worked like a charm. Thanks!

Happy to help. I've been lurking around this forum for a good few months learning stuff from other guys.

It's about time I chipped in and started to help people as well :D

Cheers

Zac

Guest JustinTX83

I've tried this method as well and had no luck. I have the Update.pkg sitting on my sd card, and now my phone is telling me there is no update available! Any ideas on how to get this working? I get stuck on the Dell splash screen every time the phone reboots to install the update.

Guest MiloTheGreat
I've tried this method as well and had no luck. I have the Update.pkg sitting on my sd card, and now my phone is telling me there is no update available! Any ideas on how to get this working? I get stuck on the Dell splash screen every time the phone reboots to install the update.

Lower case "u" in "update.pkg"

:D

Guest Wee Thomas

Did you install clockworkmod recovery? It doesn't matter if the u is upper or lower case.

Guest JustinTX83
Did you install clockworkmod recovery? It doesn't matter if the u is upper or lower case.

No, I have not. I haven't messed with any other way to go around the standard procedure yet. I'm just trying to get the stock ATT update to apply.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cergaster

Zac

do you think it is possible to install streakdroid 1.9 this way

Guest Zaque
do you think it is possible to install streakdroid 1.9 this way

No that different. You need a custom recovery such as StreakMod Recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=840326

Then follow the steps on the Streakdroid page to install it. http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...r-release-post/

If you check out Youtube, you might be able to find some video tutorials that will walk you through the processes.

Zac

Guest Fone_Fanatic
i have a new att 1.6 streak and tried the update and when i press option 2 it says "E: cant open/sdcard/update.pkg (bad)"

Try re-downloading the file.. maybe it got corrupted either on d/l or transfer to SD card.