[ROM] [Froyo] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT] [Gen1]

Guest Simon O

Guest solidslash

I am amazed by the battery life when having wifi on and playing wordfeud but.. I set up an alarm and let the phone go to sleep - apparently during the night it lost 23% of battery power. The wifi was obviously OFF and it was set to 2G only. In the Battery usage it shows that 'Inactive phone' (or whatever it is called in english) takes.. 23%. Any idea how to reduce this? Was it affected by an alarm set on?

Edited by solidslash

Guest andy9876
Just moved from 10 to 11 (stock dialler) with no detectable issues on my Oled San Francisco with 3.2 Camera. I am most impressed and grateful to flibblesan who deserves all the credit he gets. Well done and thanks.

+1

Guest andy9876
Those having issues with the ZTE Dialer crashing could you please make some logs and add them here or, if they are too big, put them onto http://pastebin.com/ so I can get this sorted. Thanks guys.

BTW the wifi/3G disconnect bug only seems to happen when wifi connects but it's fine after. I don't know whats causing it either as the logs don't show any errors.

Is it just me or does 3G disapper and not return when WIFI is enabled?

Can anyone help me to get apps2ext going with this ROM? Is it supported/included so all I need to do is partition my SD card? If not is it possible to get it going? Thanks.

Guest Coyote74

I have got 2 ZTE Blade, one TFT with JJ9 and one AMOLED with FLB r10b. The strangeness is that the one by JJ9 performs a poor 430 points with Quadrant speed test, while the one by FLB r10b performs over 700. Is it possible? I can expect same score differences but over 40% is too much. Is FLB so much fast than JJ9?

Guest rak007

@Flibblesan

Following queries related to installtion.

1. I installed the ROM as it is and after installation it showed me about 163 MB phone memory free. I uninstalled quiet a few apps (gmail, gtalk, Adfee, Car Home, news and weather, Maps, pro tips, twitter, live wallpapers, voice dialer, voice search, google search bar, youtube, facebook, gallery3d, street) using Titanium backup and when i again checked the phone memory it now showed me 161 MB (2 MB less :D ) . I expected the available memory to increase but it rather decreased.

2. So as workaround, i took the ROM's zip on PC, extracted the ROM contents and removed the apps' APKs and again packed the ROM in ZIP format and tried to install using clockwork. When i tried to install this recompressed ROM, i got "Cannot open file (bad)" (something of this sort) issue and installation got aborted.

Can you tell me how to properly pack the ROM after deleting the non-required APKs and install the same ??

Guest targetbsp
Why should I trust them to oversee my privacy, when they are based in Australia?

What's wrong with Australia? If you asked me to list the worlds countries in order of corruption I think Australia would somewhere at the bottom. :D

Hi FLB once again great work on r11...

Could you please post some guidance about the use of smartass. E.g. previously I had set the range of the CPU 245-710 and an additional profile when at sleep setting the lowest of 125 MHz.

Since profiles are not needed with smartass what would an equivalent setting? I suppose that if I set the lowest to 125 (also impacting performance when awake) it might get not so responsive.

Guest Super Ted

As the changelog doesn't mention anything regarding wireless updates can I assume that nothings changed with that. What I mean is I'm on 10b, and even with wifi set to "always stay on" it still cuts out any time the phone goes to sleep (and I have to manually reconnect to the wifi which displayes as "disabled" in the setting menu). Can I assume I'll continue to have this issue in the newer version? I'm on a UK TFT model.

Thanks for all your hard work though, its very nice to see such a great cheap phone get decent support from both the developers of roms and the rom's fanbase.

Edited by Super Ted

Guest Stevvie
I am amazed by the battery life when having wifi on and playing wordfeud but.. I set up an alarm and let the phone go to sleep - apparently during the night it lost 23% of battery power. The wifi was obviously OFF and it was set to 2G only. In the Battery usage it shows that 'Inactive phone' (or whatever it is called in english) takes.. 23%. Any idea how to reduce this? Was it affected by an alarm set on?

Check the CPU speed when idle. Mines 100% usage when nothing being used so the battery seems to drain for NO reason.

Is it possible to remove the notification pull-down widget from the Rom?

Read the VERY first post with the links for the rom itself "Patch to remove the pull-down notification bar widgets: flb-froyo-notification.zip Mirror (2.54 MB) MD5 6473CB97A86BEE46A5035345F67A6AAE"

Edited by Stevvie

Guest tyrol_gangster

the previous version had battery percentage shown in the status bar battery indicator, is this now removed :-( ??? or did it come from somewhere else...

Guest james_f

Thank you so much for this ROM.

I have one small difficulty. I installed the version with "Android Stock Dialer & Contact" (on a new, stock phone). All seems fine except that I cannot import contacts from a SIM - it says that there are no SIM contacts, although there definitely are and other phones see them fine. I see that your changelog for r8 said "Contacts app now imports SIM contacts correctly", but perhaps the bug has crept back in.

Guest warwound
Can you tell me how to properly pack the ROM after deleting the non-required APKs and install the same ??

If you open the ROM zip with WinZip and go to the folder system/app now select any apps that you want to remove.

Right click the selected apps and select Delete.

Now simply close the zip file and try to flash - WinZip should save the modified zip file correctly this way.

Creating a new zip archive rather than modifying the original has never worked for me.

warwound.

Guest SparkGlow

Thank you for the updated rom, flibblesan!

Went for a wipe and install and works well for me. I see that quick office has been removed from this version. Care telling which office suite app would run well with r11 on the orange san fran. Also pls suggest a good virus, and any app that can toggle between 3G and wifi at a single click

Cheers!

Guest Qwertzycoatl
@Flibblesan

Following queries related to installtion.

1. I installed the ROM as it is and after installation it showed me about 163 MB phone memory free. I uninstalled quiet a few apps (gmail, gtalk, Adfee, Car Home, news and weather, Maps, pro tips, twitter, live wallpapers, voice dialer, voice search, google search bar, youtube, facebook, gallery3d, street) using Titanium backup and when i again checked the phone memory it now showed me 161 MB (2 MB less :D ) . I expected the available memory to increase but it rather decreased.

2. So as workaround, i took the ROM's zip on PC, extracted the ROM contents and removed the apps' APKs and again packed the ROM in ZIP format and tried to install using clockwork. When i tried to install this recompressed ROM, i got "Cannot open file (bad)" (something of this sort) issue and installation got aborted.

you can't extract and re-pack the zip file it simply doesn't work that way.

If you want to remove the APK files then open the zip and just delete the files from the zip itself. Do not extract it first, simply open it.

Close Winzip (or whatever you are using) and flash in CWM.

Guest v10l8t0r

can someone pls tell me what sd card should i setup with this v11 in changelog it metions ext4? an swap? i formated my card with an ext4 partition with no swap.

what is the right procedure??

Guest shanewaz

Hi, thanks for all the great work. I had a couple of questions

Is it possible to update to r11 whilst using Clock work 2.5.1.8 if I’m on r10b? I have 2.5.1.8 already installed on my phone by pressing ‘on’ and ‘volume down’ but I cannot for the life of me work out how to update it to the later versions. I’ve downloaded recovery clockwork 3.0.0.5, 3.0.0.6 and 3.0.1.4 from the net but cannot work out how to update them into my phone, as every time I have tried to use CMD to put it on my phone (the way I originally did 2.5.1.8 whilst pressing volume up and 'on' and connecting to my PC and typing in through CMD recovery - blade 3.0.05 etc, etc) it never seems to work. I was using Win 7 for 2.5.1.8 (which worked), but I now can only get a hold of XP in English as I’m in China, and I cannot get a head around the Chinese language. I have the blade drivers installed and it recognises fine when I plug it in normally, but when I use the volume up and 'on' option to install later versions of Clockwork it doesn't recognise the 'android device'.

I tried downloading and running Rom Manager from the market as well, but under ‘Flash ClockworkMod Recovery it states I must have it already installed to flash and restore roms, but when I click on this (as I’m assuming it’s to download the latest version of recovery) it always has an error whilst downloading, as I’m currently in China, and I’m assuming it has been blocked (as happens when you d/load Twitter or Facebook from the Market here)

Any answers, primarily to if it can be updated from 10b to 11 with 2.5.1.8 would be much appreciated.

Edited by shanewaz

Guest surfatwork

migrated from R10b to R11 (ZTE dialer) - did a full wipe and have no problems whatsoever. The dialer works fine and so does contacts with no FCs. People having probs with the ZTe dialer should try this. Also didnt have any probs with superuser.

thanks, flibblesan. great work.

oops...spoke too soon. The ZTE dialer now FCs everytime I try to dial. :-( (Process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly)

Edited by surfatwork

Fantastic rom once again... and from what I can see very good on the battery too. Just one problem which is driving me crackers....

When I try to log into the facebook app I get an error code "102/session key expired or no longer valid" as it repeatedly asks for my password. It says application authenticated and then just loops requesting my password.

Having Googled the problem, I tried changing my password and that made no difference. I tried suspending my facebook account for a couple of hours and then starting afresh.

I am on a complete wipe and install of FLB 11 and I haven't installed any further apps until I get this problem sorted :-/

Thanks in advance.

Guest Paden

Hi flibblesan

Great work, thanks for your time & patience!

Can Iask if anything has changed with the way this ROM handles Bluetooth compared to r10b?

Although the phone pairs with my car I am unable to make calls but can receive & dial directly from the handset (with speech carried over the car radio).

I had a similar experience with cm7 n25 which forced me to roll back.

I've tried clearing the data in Bluetooth Share & have rebooted several times.

Any help apreciated :-)

Cheers, Paul

Edited by Paden