[ROM] [Froyo] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT] [Gen1]

Guest Simon O

Guest german_psycho
Is it just me or does 3G disapper and not return when WIFI is enabled?

I also had this problem with the previous version (10b), sometimes after using WiFi enabling 3G won't work. I have to reboot then to enable 3G once again. Strange bug, seems to appear at random. I hoped 11b will fix it, but then I read your post.

Anyone else having this problem or any solution for it?

Guest Rotmann
I am amazed by the battery life when having wifi on and playing wordfeud but.. I set up an alarm and let the phone go to sleep - apparently during the night it lost 23% of battery power. The wifi was obviously OFF and it was set to 2G only. In the Battery usage it shows that 'Inactive phone' (or whatever it is called in english) takes.. 23%. Any idea how to reduce this? Was it affected by an alarm set on?

For some reason I've had 40% battery drain in about 2 and a half hours. The main culprit is system processes within that being mediaserver. Anybody know what this mediaserver is and more's to the point how to stop it running at 98% ALL the time ?.

Look in Spare Parts - partial wakes. You should see there what app acts crazy.

Can anyone help me to get apps2ext going with this ROM? Is it supported/included so all I need to do is partition my SD card? If not is it possible to get it going? Thanks.

Yes.

I have got 2 ZTE Blade, one TFT with JJ9 and one AMOLED with FLB r10b. The strangeness is that the one by JJ9 performs a poor 430 points with Quadrant speed test, while the one by FLB r10b performs over 700. Is it possible? I can expect same score differences but over 40% is too much. Is FLB so much fast than JJ9?

Question asked a zillion times, search the forums, stagefright is broken in 2.2 and makes scores bigger if enabled. FLB has it enabled (for a good reason, some gameloft games run with it).

@Flibblesan

Following queries related to installtion.

1. I installed the ROM as it is and after installation it showed me about 163 MB phone memory free. I uninstalled quiet a few apps (gmail, gtalk, Adfee, Car Home, news and weather, Maps, pro tips, twitter, live wallpapers, voice dialer, voice search, google search bar, youtube, facebook, gallery3d, street) using Titanium backup and when i again checked the phone memory it now showed me 161 MB (2 MB less :D ) . I expected the available memory to increase but it rather decreased.

2. So as workaround, i took the ROM's zip on PC, extracted the ROM contents and removed the apps' APKs and again packed the ROM in ZIP format and tried to install using clockwork. When i tried to install this recompressed ROM, i got "Cannot open file (bad)" (something of this sort) issue and installation got aborted.

Can you tell me how to properly pack the ROM after deleting the non-required APKs and install the same ??

You are deleting APKs from the /system partition, not from the /data one. Apply wbaw's partition MOD to have 300+MB on the data partition instead of 160.

As the changelog doesn't mention anything regarding wireless updates can I assume that nothings changed with that. What I mean is I'm on 10b, and even with wifi set to "always stay on" it still cuts out any time the phone goes to sleep (and I have to manually reconnect to the wifi which displayes as "disabled" in the setting menu). Can I assume I'll continue to have this issue in the newer version? I'm on a UK TFT model.

Thanks for all your hard work though, its very nice to see such a great cheap phone get decent support from both the developers of roms and the rom's fanbase.

Thank you for the updated rom, flibblesan!

Went for a wipe and install and works well for me. I see that quick office has been removed from this version. Care telling which office suite app would run well with r11 on the orange san fran. Also pls suggest a good virus, and any app that can toggle between 3G and wifi at a single click

Cheers!

Hi,

I'm just wondering if the WiFi dropping is a feature or a bug, while I lock my screen WiFi connection drops. :D

When I unlock my screen it takes some time to reconnect to WiFi and it's kinda annoying. I'm not using Batteryfu or other battery saving programs.

(I'm using FLB-Froyo R9 firmware atm, if it matters)

WiFi drop is normal for the blade, install Blade Fix from the market or Wifi keep alive (keeps the phone awake, more battery consumption). All office apps run well, no need for antivirus as they are pretty ineffective, just keep your eyes opened. For toggles use Widgetsoid.

Google Apps do not connect using 3G but work well with WiFi. Please help!

hay i wanna thank you for all the effort you have done, i have problems with HSDPA, i never get the icon. it's not a big deal maybe but there is an decrease in the speed

Check your APNs, edit, restart, enable data, try again.

Guest SparkGlow
Check your APNs, edit, restart, enable data, try again.

Google Apps still do not connect with 3G but work well with wifi. However can browse websites using 3G. Checked APN, edits, restarts, data enabled, tried many times but in vain. PLS HELP!

Guest Rotmann
One question regarding the notification bar widget. How can I change something? Is there somewhere a settings dialogue?

Thx,

alpinestars

You can't. Install Widgetsoid if you want to do that.

@Flibblesan

Off topic

Now that you found money to buy a HTC Desire, can I expect to get my money back from the 3 phones I ordered through you but never got?

:D

I also had this problem with the previous version (10b), sometimes after using WiFi enabling 3G won't work. I have to reboot then to enable 3G once again. Strange bug, seems to appear at random. I hoped 11b will fix it, but then I read your post.

Anyone else having this problem or any solution for it?

This is because android does not allow switching mobile data off for 3rd party apps, they use a work around to rename the APN for that. When renaming back, it might not work and needs putting into airplane mode or a restart. You can use the android power widget for that (works without breaking mobile data) or just switch to airplane mode and back to re-enable it when it does not work.

Fantastic rom once again... and from what I can see very good on the battery too. Just one problem which is driving me crackers....

When I try to log into the facebook app I get an error code "102/session key expired or no longer valid" as it repeatedly asks for my password. It says application authenticated and then just loops requesting my password.

Having Googled the problem, I tried changing my password and that made no difference. I tried suspending my facebook account for a couple of hours and then starting afresh.

I am on a complete wipe and install of FLB 11 and I haven't installed any further apps until I get this problem sorted :-/

Thanks in advance.

Clear app data and cache.

Hello, please can somebody test if AirAttack HD and Guerrilla Bob are running well ? And what is the general game performance compared with CM7 and SS2 ?

Thank you for answers :D

AirAttack just like some other modern games won't run on the blade because the ARM6 CPU does not support some instructions.

Hi, I have a quick, maybe a little stupid question. I've r10b now, and I want to install r11, do I have to install firmware or install firmware update (from recovery manager) ? thanks

Update.

Guest Rotmann
Google Apps still do not connect with 3G but work well with wifi. However can browse websites using 3G. Checked APN, edits, restarts, data enabled, tried many times but in vain. PLS HELP!

Clear apps' cache or data?

Guest dazbaz996
anybody having probs with gps i cant get a fix was going to flash gps.config but dont know if its compatable with this rom

EVen though did full wipe first time dalvlik cache and everything did it again signed up to google using 3g not wifi and now works great getting a fix in about 10 secs even in the house what a great rom this is thanks FIBBLESAN thanks again

+1 to gps

Great Rom FIBBLESAN, the battery life has improved vastly. Andorko FM radio really sucks the life out of the battery, it drained 20 percent of the battery yesterday after 2 hours, so I uninstalled it. No FM radio is the only drawback for me, and I am sure you are looking into the gps issue.

Patch to remove the pull-down notification bar widgets: flb-froyo-notification.zip Mirror (2.54 MB) MD5 6473CB97A86BEE46A5035345F67A6AAE

If flashing a custom theme from frankish then please flash the notification bar removal patch before the theme. You only need to do this once.

I flashed the removal patch and then Frankish's Gingerbread theme (TrueGingerbread-circlemod-FLB.zip), but I still have the notification bar widget. I learned that I cannot configure it, so I want to get rid of it.

If I flash the removal once again, I will loose my clock (upper right).

Thx,

alpinestars

Guest targetbsp
I flashed the removal patch and then Frankish's Gingerbread theme (TrueGingerbread-circlemod-FLB.zip), but I still have the notification bar widget. I learned that I cannot configure it, so I want to get rid of it.

If I flash the removal once again, I will loose my clock (upper right).

Thx,

alpinestars

I kept a copy of that particular theme from before the widget was added because I don't want it either. :D I'll upload it later if no-one has any other ideas for you.

I kept a copy of that particular theme from before the widget was added because I don't want it either. :D I'll upload it later if no-one has any other ideas for you.

Thanks a lot!

Guest wookie16081965
One small query. I had installed the r11a version (the one with the broken hotspot feature) a couple of days back. Now, can I use upgrade firmware option to install the r11b version?

If I use the Install firmware option, will there be any loss of user data / personalization settings..?

i just flashed r11b over r11a worked fine all my apps and home screens where still the same

Guest Rotmann
oh well excuse my lack of knowledge but how does one clear cache? pls!

Settings-Apps-Manage Apps-look for the app, tap it, force close it, clear cache - try to open it and see if it has problems, if it does not work repeat but clear cache and data.

Guest redandr

The biggest problem for me on flb r11: apps which required su don't open (and work) in most cases, they just hang :-(

For example blade buddy, root explorer, autostarts, terminal...

I didn't have this problem on all previous flb releases.

Guest rak007
The biggest problem for me on flb r11: apps which required su don't open (and work) in most cases, they just hang :-(

For example blade buddy, root explorer, autostarts, terminal...

I didn't have this problem on all previous flb releases.

Just clear the data for super user and reboot and it should work. Happened with me quiet a few times

Guest tyrol_gangster
Hi, THanks for your work it r11 seems to be better over bluetooth. I have been looking for Quickoffice in the market but cannot find it. is there anyway it can be put in an extras zip? Cheers

+1

:-(

Guest Rooster#1
I can confirm GPS not getting a lock on 11b.

Thats odd... Im getting lock just fine ! With "GPS status" and "Geocaching.com's own app"

Just tested with Google maps too.... locked up within 30 seconds.

Still seeing odd WIFI behaviour though.... seems that when I enable GPS via the power bar, WIFI comes and goes as it pleases - this is WITHOUT my selecting it ! :D

Edited by Rooster#1

Guest Mikeandme
Checked it the way to work this morning & found it the same.

It'll receive calls ok but will only make calls if the phone is awake.

Calls attempted while asleep fail but appear to be buffered as they are dialled when Bluetooth is disabled???

Hopefully detailing the syptoms will help with a solution :-)

Cheers, Paul

Similar experience with 11b (I think it was also with 11 but have now moved on).

Car and phone don't want to pair unless I wake up the phone and then even when they are paired I can't make outgoing calls without waking the phone. Have not checked incoming calls.

Guest dazbaz996

Anyone experiencing a screen freeze.

I get this when I end a call and go back to the home screen. I have to put the phone to sleep and wake again for the screen to work again, ie get into menu and stuff

Guest andy9876

Installed 11b and Wifi tethering works. Unfortunately when using WIFI normally 3G disappears. I can also confirm that I cannot get a GPS fix. AGPS works but satellite GPS does not.

Guest dazbaz996
Anyone experiencing a screen freeze.

I get this when I end a call and go back to the home screen. I have to put the phone to sleep and wake again for the screen to work again, ie get into menu and stuff

I am using the stock dialler on version 11a

Guest akism
Installed 11b and Wifi tethering works. Unfortunately when using WIFI normally 3G disappears. I can also confirm that I cannot get a GPS fix. AGPS works but satellite GPS does not.

I have the same problem, GPS cannot lock sats with 11b.

Great rom anyway, I am sure we will have a fix soon. (There is always the option to go back to fantastic 10b)

Guest Mikeandme

Also on 11b and GPS seems fine though I'm not sure about the difference between AGPS and GPS. I note however that the GPS icon only shows on the top bar when it seems to be being used by an app rather than when it is turned on.