[ROM] [Froyo] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade [OLED+TFT] [Gen1]

Guest Simon O

Guest rheumatoid
Also on 11b and GPS seems fine though I'm not sure about the difference between AGPS and GPS. I note however that the GPS icon only shows on the top bar when it seems to be being used by an app rather than when it is turned on.

Think AGPS is assisted by phone signal so gets a fix quickly but is less accurate. Gives actual GPS a head start though I think.

R.

Guest GarethC

Just installed 11b having been on various modaco releases for the last 2-3months all is good running quickly and smoothly....wifi works, struggle with GPS inside but get a fix straight away when i go outside......Cheers

Guest oldfella

on 9b and not keen to upgrade yet, but having some problems with Superuser which I think is now fixed. Programs like Titanium not getting root. Is it OK to replace Superuser with the new version ?

thanks .. Mike

Fantastic rom once again... and from what I can see very good on the battery too. Just one problem which is driving me crackers....

When I try to log into the facebook app I get an error code "102/session key expired or no longer valid" as it repeatedly asks for my password. It says application authenticated and then just loops requesting my password.

Having Googled the problem, I tried changing my password and that made no difference. I tried suspending my facebook account for a couple of hours and then starting afresh.

I am on a complete wipe and install of FLB 11 and I haven't installed any further apps until I get this problem sorted :-/

Thanks in advance.

Further to my previous post.... after LOTS of messing about.... I have finally managed to sort the password loop problem. It seems it only happens with facebook.apk versions 1.5.1 and 1.5.2

I managed to find a 1.5.0 online and it works great!! Logs in and stays logged in with all features (including chat) working perfectly. It would seem this is quite a common problem for people on various phones and ROMs so I thought it worth mentioning as it might help someone in the same boat.

Guest Ficus
Patch to remove the pull-down notification bar widgets: flb-froyo-notification.zip Mirror (2.54 MB) MD5 6473CB97A86BEE46A5035345F67A6AAE

If flashing a custom theme from frankish then please flash the notification bar removal patch before the theme. You only need to do this once.

i'd like to use a frankish theme without the widget in notification bar. is it possible? with these steps:

- install r11b -> install frankish mod -> install patch -> reinstall frakish mod

i find myself with the widget again. if i do:

- install r11b -> install frankish mod -> install patch

the clock disappears from notification bar.

Guest targetbsp
i'd like to use a frankish theme without the widget in notification bar. is it possible? with these steps:

- install r11b -> install frankish mod -> install patch -> reinstall frakish mod

i find myself with the widget again. if i do:

- install r11b -> install frankish mod -> install patch

the clock disappears from notification bar.

If you want to use the Gingerbread Battery Circle theme, see post 186 on the previous page. That's the only theme I have though without the widget.

Guest Mikeandme

Using 11b and seemed to find that phone link was cut after receiving an incoming message with WiFi and GPS enabled.

However cannot be sure as I can no longer find the list of available providers. Am I missing something or is this an accidental/deliberate loss.

Under my original Orange 2.1 I went to Menu/settings/Wireless&networks/Mobile networks and there was a list of available networks of which I could only access Orange and T-mobile. However this was useful as I could force a change to T-mobile if it helped. Now there are no operators listed even when I have a signal. Seems odd.

[Edit - must be an age thing.... I have now found them again - under GSM/UMTS Options. Sorry about the false post :D , though I still think the phone signal seemed to be cut, but at least now I can track it down if it happens again.

Edited by Mikeandme

Guest SparkGlow

Hi,

I am unable to connect my orange sanfran via bluetooth to my laptop running on win7 home. It says device paired but not connected. pls help!

Guest Ficus
If you want to use the Gingerbread Battery Circle theme, see post 186 on the previous page. That's the only theme I have though without the widget.

thanks a lot, that's exactly the theme i use!

Guest akism
Also on 11b and GPS seems fine though I'm not sure about the difference between AGPS and GPS. I note however that the GPS icon only shows on the top bar when it seems to be being used by an app rather than when it is turned on.

I believe that this is really the case:

When GPS is enabled from the widget in the notification bar it works fine for whatever app requests it. It seems to actually work only when the requesting app is in the foreground.

But when the GPS is disabled from the notification bar widget and an app requests it, you get redirected to the settings page to enable it. If you enable it from there, it does not seem to work. The notification bar widget actually states that GPS is not enabled. The application in the foreground believes that it is active but never manages to lock a satelite.

I hope I helped.

Guest andy9876
Installed 11b and Wifi tethering works. Unfortunately when using WIFI normally 3G disappears. I can also confirm that I cannot get a GPS fix. AGPS works but satellite GPS does not.

It appears that I was impatient GPS works. I still have the problem with 3g disappearing when Wifi is on

Guest rak007

One issue i am facing with all versions of the FLB ROM, whenever i search for network providers i only get numbers instead of english text (vodafone, airtel etc etc). Why is this the case???

On the home screen/notification bar the text comes fine most of the times (sometimes it does not) but while making a search i get things like 40758, 40895 etc etc which makes it difficult for me to select the network since i have no clue what number represents what network

Guest rak007
Has anyone tried TPT NAND Backup & Partition Tool with r11 yet? Looking to make best possible use of internal storage before resorting to a2sd...

Me too want to ensure that this thing works absolutely fine and wont brick my phone. It will be awesome to get more than 250MB of free internal data memory. Currently have only 160 MB after a data wipe and flashing of ROM.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
It appears that I was impatient GPS works. I still have the problem with 3g disappearing when Wifi is on

That's always happened..it's one or the other, not both at once.!

Guest Carlos1981

Hi Everyone,

Some apps and games are unavailable to the ZTE Blade in the Android Market. Is there a way to sign the rom so that when it shows up in the market its recognised as something other than ZTE Blade so that the apps and games can be installed to it that othewrwise wouldnt be available.

Im sure that it would be capable of running a plethora of games as it plays that thunder racing game quite well without any trouble.

Flibblesan, Amazing work with the rom...can't wait to flash this!

Guest Aurimas L.

Hi, I have OSF, which ends with B10.

I have the r11b and noticed that I can't change the alarm clock sound.

Also when I try to set the password to screen lock I see this:

jyTj8l.jpg

Edited by Aurimas L.

Guest rak007
Used this tool on r10b with no problem whatsoever..

354mb for data :D

Can you let us know which zip did you exactly flash from the ones provided in the wbaw's post ?

I am slightly confused as one the mods there states making the cache from default 45 MB (or whatever it is) to 2MB but wont that affect applications that may be downloading data temporarily in cache partition (like market) ??

I read few posts there and there is a mention of something which redirects the cache to data partition when sufficient space is not available.

Also how did you exactly flash it ? I mean we have r11b installed already on our phones, so is it safe to install it OVER this ROM without risking any data loss ??

Would greatly appreciate your clarification on this.

Edited by rak007

Guest targetbsp
Some apps and games are unavailable to the ZTE Blade in the Android Market. Is there a way to sign the rom so that when it shows up in the market its recognised as something other than ZTE Blade so that the apps and games can be installed to it that othewrwise wouldnt be available.

Im sure that it would be capable of running a plethora of games as it plays that thunder racing game quite well without any trouble.

It's not a performance limitation - it's an instruction set limitation. The Blade cannot run games that require ARM7 instructions which is why some popular titles don't appear. The same reason Flash won't work.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest rak007
It's not a performance limitation - it's an instruction set limitation. The Blade cannot run games that require ARM7 instructions which is why some popular titles don't appear. The same reason Flash won't work.

Include Google earth to the list :D

Guest Drakedian

Anyone experienced high network activity while connected to 2G ?

The process was UID blah (says spare parts), so root. But i only have no-frills, and terminal with root.

Can this be a system related issue, anyone noticed that before ? It ate up 57% of my battery in 3 hours, i almost fainted when i looked at the % in spare parts :D

Guest sorcie
Can you let us know which zip did you exactly flash from the ones provided in the wbaw's post ?

I am slightly confused as one the mods there states making the cache from default 45 MB (or whatever it is) to 2MB but wont that affect applications that may be downloading data temporarily in cache partition (like market) ??

I read few posts there and there is a mention of something which redirects the cache to data partition when sufficient space is not available.

Also how did you exactly flash it ? I mean we have r11b installed already on our phones, so is it safe to install it OVER this ROM without risking any data loss ??

Would greatly appreciate your clarification on this.

I used the 1st file, blade_backup_alpha3-nocache-auto-10.zip . This reduces the cache partition to 2mb and at the same time it applies the patch to redirect it.

Its only if you flash the ROM again you will need to run the cache2tmpfs patch again.

If you opt for the 2nd file blade_backup_alpha3-cache-auto-10.zip then the patch for redirecting cache is not required, but you give up that 40mb of space the cache takes.

It doesnt delete any data or apps, simply backs it all up along with modified partition data, and then you restore it via TPT method.

Just follow the instructions given carefully.

I've seen mentioned in another thread that its been used succesfully with r11b.

As always, make your own nandroid backup first. .just in case :D