DSG repair cost unbelievable!!!!!!

Guest jonnyspuruk

Guest MaxiP

Nothing to do with warranty / fix repair / etc but there is at least 1 member here with a borked screen so you may be able to do a bodge job by cannibalising the working parts from a couple of devices and get a working one.

Not ideal but an option.

Guest ChocolateRobot
I cannot believe this thread or the OP. It's just insane if not down right silly to even consider blaming the vega case for your mistake and not even thinking it's not your fault. You had the vega, you were using it you drop it and now you blaming dsg for the case not being fit for purpose? I think the one not fit is you mate as I had my vega from the beginning and now with the case for months and it never fell nor it got loose. Maybe my case is a second generation? Come on, do yourself a favour and don't embarass yourself further, it is you fault and no one elses. If you have not got house insurance or cannot replace the vega then tuff. Things like that happen it's called not being careful and it is classed as accidental damage. Nothing more and nothing less. Sell it for parts on ebay

There is no need to be personal Carl. What is the purpose of a protective case if it does not protect the item for which it was purchased? Just because you have no issue, doesn't mean that there is no issue. The case is absolute, second rate shite in every conceivable regard, and DOES allow the Vega to slip out. I regret paying £20 let alone £30. However, I am glad that your case is still a nice tight fit and continues to give you pleasure.

You are quite correct though, it will come to nothing in the eyes of DSG.

Guest High Flyer
What is the purpose of a protective case if it does not protect the item for which it was purchased?

The thing is, if you drop your Vega whilst it's in the case, I can personally vouch that it does protect the Vega.

It is not perfect, however, i noticed the hole in the side of it like everyone, and I make sure I'm not negligent, I don't pick it up and hold the opening to the floor.

I think the most important thing to say to OP is.

Having a Case is not insurance. it doesn't cover you for any damage, it doesn't say anywhere that it will prevent damage, it doesn't make any promises at all.

That is why Currys/PCWorld sell Whatever Happens, that DOES cover you for any damage!

That is why you have Home and Contents Insurance/Gadget Insurance, they both Cover you for Damage.

You were Negligent and you want someone else to foot the bill.

Guest ChocolateRobot
The thing is, if you drop your Vega whilst it's in the case, I can personally vouch that it does protect the Vega.

Providing it falls in the right way you mean. Open side down and you might as well not have bothered. It is a protective carry case with a caveat on how you carry it. This isn't like using a laptop bag and forgetting to do up the zip, there is no zip, it is flawed. Still, I think we all know it's not going to be an appropriate excuse to get a refund (the user has some liability here) but it should do what it is supposed to. I think that not sliding out of the case is well within reasonable expectations.

Insurance is always a good idea, though not necessarily DSG.

Guest blcollier

I've worked in insurance for quite a while, and here is the situation as I see it.

The warranty for the Vega will not touch this with a barge pole - this is accidental damage (unexpected, unforseen and caused by external circumstances) and not an inherent fault with the Vega. The warranty will cover things like manufacturing defects, not unexpected damage.

Depending on where this happened and your level of cover, your insurance should be able to deal with this. You will need to have accidental damage cover, and if this happened away from home you will also need personal belongings cover with accidental damage cover. You may also need to check the terms of your policy to see if they cover AD to computer equipment, as some insurers explicitly do not cover this. Provided you have the right cover, your insurance company has no grounds to reject a claim - provided you can provide proof of ownership and show some kind of evidence of the damage (such as a photograph).

The only way to pursue this with DSG is as a complaint about the quality of the case. You're going to have to be pretty damn persistent - without being abusive or arrogant - as they will try their hardest to reject your complaint. Don't go in waving any kind of legal banner unless you're damn sure of your arguments; you will probably find that the complaints staff are very used to dealing with this, and will know the relevant legislation. You may easily find yourself in the situation where DSG can make a more robust legal argument than you can. I'm not saying don't use legal arguments, just treat them with care and preferably get some advice. Even if you manage to get them to accept that the case is not fit for purpose or of poor quality, you may not get the cost of the repair covered. As someone already pointed out, they are likely to have some kind of consequential loss clause in their terms and conditions. This usually means that only the faulty item itself will be covered and not any damage that results from it. Meaning that if they accept that the case is poorly designed, they may only refund the cost of the case and maybe a token goodwill gesture on top.

Your last option is frankly not an option at all: pursuing this in the small claims court. You could build a perfectly valid civil case, but it really is not worth the expense. Incidentally, if this was an insurance claim your insurer would usually try and recover the cost of repair/replacement from the other party (DSG in this case). For your case however, it simply would not be financially viable: they'll spend an awful lot more than £230-odd on trying to prove negligence, so they likely wouldn't bother pursuing the cost back.

If you're not insured for this, it may be easier to chalk this one up to experience and move on. Unless you're prepared for a lengthy fight with DSG that may not even achieve what you're aiming for.

This, ladies & gents, is why home insurance is so important; you'll moan about them being greedy money-grabbing buggers, but if the brown stuff hits the fan they're the first people you'll call.

Guest carl rose
I've worked in insurance for quite a while, and here is the situation as I see it.

The warranty for the Vega will not touch this with a barge pole - this is accidental damage (unexpected, unforseen and caused by external circumstances) and not an inherent fault with the Vega. The warranty will cover things like manufacturing defects, not unexpected damage.

Depending on where this happened and your level of cover, your insurance should be able to deal with this. You will need to have accidental damage cover, and if this happened away from home you will also need personal belongings cover with accidental damage cover. You may also need to check the terms of your policy to see if they cover AD to computer equipment, as some insurers explicitly do not cover this. Provided you have the right cover, your insurance company has no grounds to reject a claim - provided you can provide proof of ownership and show some kind of evidence of the damage (such as a photograph).

The only way to pursue this with DSG is as a complaint about the quality of the case. You're going to have to be pretty damn persistent - without being abusive or arrogant - as they will try their hardest to reject your complaint. Don't go in waving any kind of legal banner unless you're damn sure of your arguments; you will probably find that the complaints staff are very used to dealing with this, and will know the relevant legislation. You may easily find yourself in the situation where DSG can make a more robust legal argument than you can. I'm not saying don't use legal arguments, just treat them with care and preferably get some advice. Even if you manage to get them to accept that the case is not fit for purpose or of poor quality, you may not get the cost of the repair covered. As someone already pointed out, they are likely to have some kind of consequential loss clause in their terms and conditions. This usually means that only the faulty item itself will be covered and not any damage that results from it. Meaning that if they accept that the case is poorly designed, they may only refund the cost of the case and maybe a token goodwill gesture on top.

Your last option is frankly not an option at all: pursuing this in the small claims court. You could build a perfectly valid civil case, but it really is not worth the expense. Incidentally, if this was an insurance claim your insurer would usually try and recover the cost of repair/replacement from the other party (DSG in this case). For your case however, it simply would not be financially viable: they'll spend an awful lot more than £230-odd on trying to prove negligence, so they likely wouldn't bother pursuing the cost back.

If you're not insured for this, it may be easier to chalk this one up to experience and move on. Unless you're prepared for a lengthy fight with DSG that may not even achieve what you're aiming for.

This, ladies & gents, is why home insurance is so important; you'll moan about them being greedy money-grabbing buggers, but if the brown stuff hits the fan they're the first people you'll call.

Yep, totally agree with this. If the case was flawed, and if it was me I would've sent it back the second I got it and definitly not put my beloved tablet in a flawed case. It's pretty much the same as you buy the latest 3D tv that cost you 1000's of pounds and put it in a cheap unstable/flawed stand. You just wouldn't do it. Common sense. The OP bought a case, accepted it, after using it for a while an accident happens and the tablet slips out and breaks on the floor and now blame the case. What got to me is the OP said that he doesn't think it's his fault? Weird

P.S I didn't mean to be personal in my previous post, just thought it was a bit weird someone knowing that it is their fault as DSG did not force them to put the tablet in the case and would happly taken it back if it was returned straight away. There are other 10" hard cases that would protect the tablet better like the ones for the netbooks. There could well be a strap where you slide the tablt in to keep it in but there isn't, I can live with that as I'm careful with my gadgets but if I didn't think it was safe I would've return it.

Guest High Flyer
Yep, totally agree with this. If the case was flawed, and if it was me I would've sent it back the second I got it and definitly not put my beloved tablet in a flawed case.

+ 1 To This!

All Currys/PCW have to do is Repair, Replace or Refund the Case, that is it.

I cannot believe this thread or the OP. It's just insane if not down right silly to even consider blaming the vega case for your mistake and not even thinking it's not your fault. You had the vega, you were using it you drop it and now you blaming dsg for the case not being fit for purpose? I think the one not fit is you mate as I had my vega from the beginning and now with the case for months and it never fell nor it got loose. Maybe my case is a second generation? Come on, do yourself a favour and don't embarass yourself further, it is you fault and no one elses. If you have not got house insurance or cannot replace the vega then tuff. Things like that happen it's called not being careful and it is classed as accidental damage. Nothing more and nothing less. Sell it for parts on ebay

I have to say I completely agree with the above post. I may (or may not) have worded it better, but still agreed.

As stated if you buy something that you care about , you be careful with it ... its as simple as that. I have broken several mobiles over the years, in various ways, and other gadgets too .. I have never once blamed soemthing else on the fact that it happened.

Unfortunatley thanks to our American cousins it seems that nobody wants to take responsilibity for anything these days ... as its just easier to try and sue or make a complaint instead.

Guest tomolewis
There is no need to be personal Carl. What is the purpose of a protective case if it does not protect the item for which it was purchased? Just because you have no issue, doesn't mean that there is no issue. The case is absolute, second rate shite in every conceivable regard, and DOES allow the Vega to slip out. I regret paying £20 let alone £30. However, I am glad that your case is still a nice tight fit and continues to give you pleasure.

You are quite correct though, it will come to nothing in the eyes of DSG.

Totally agree the case is not fit for purpose at all.... and bascally slating the OP is out of order.

I returned my case because of the poor quality and the fact that its loose.

Guest ChocolateRobot
Yep, totally agree with this. If the case was flawed, and if it was me I would've sent it back the second I got it and definitly not put my beloved tablet in a flawed case.

Except that the case doesn't present itself as flawed untill a few weeks later when the material stretches and the Vega slips out for the first time (maybe the last time). What you are suggesting is that you should know about an inherent flaw before it presents itself? If so, give us the lottery numbers for Friday would you :D

I am careful with mine because I know this happens, and I guess I was lucky because I caught it the first time it happened. I may or may not return the case, and accept responsibility based on that

But it's not about taking responsibility in the first instance. Who is responsible when an airbag fails, a seatbelt snaps, etc etc. Dramatic..yes but the same principle applies. You do you best to prevent or minimise the damage from an "accident" which is why you buy the case, but if it fails to deliver on the one thing it was designed to do then there is liability. I am not for one minute suggesting you could swing the Vega around your head and expect to be compensated when it all goes bad, but come on you should be able to pick the thing up and carry it around in a reasonably casual manner.

From the Currys website

"Designed specifically for the dimensions of your Advent Vega media tablet, the Proporta Advent Vega Folio Case doubles up as a stand, supporting your tablet in landscape orientation for the perfect movie-watching experience!. This case's fine faux leather exterior provides durable protection and its pin-stripe lining adds a touch of class. Your tablet remains fully usable while in the case too, thanks to strategically placed cut-outs.Treat your new Advent Vega to the protection and support it deserves with the innovative Proporta Advent Vega Folio Case? Find out more"

P.S. I still think he has a snowballs chance in hell of getting anywhere with this......so I'll say no more.

Guest clive_j
I just tested it on my case and it does not slip out unless you shake it and grab it at the edges, ....

I just tested mine - I have had it nearly 4 weeks - and it slips out very easily, just gravity no shaking - unless of course you grip the case tight to the Vega.

Anyway I might try some velcro stuck on the left edge of the Vega and inside the case. The other thought was to sew (or get wife so to do) black elastic between the front and back of the case just below the power socket. The latter would be better at keeping it in position = so the camera lines up with the hole!

Anyone have any other creative ideas other than the duck tape (or whatever it was) posted earlier?

PS My case is showing signs of wear already around the edges. Is this really worth £30??

Guest carl rose
Totally agree the case is not fit for purpose at all.... and bascally slating the OP is out of order.

I returned my case because of the poor quality and the fact that its loose.

Why is it out of order? I said what I thought, my opinion don't like it don't read. Just like you say don't slate the op I say he is very silly in saying that it is not his fault. So badword what? It is a forum. I was nice enough to say I didn't mean anything by it and was nothing personal but if you go on about it I will take it back. You come to a forum and say that they are charging you an arm and a leg for a new tablet because you drop it and smashed it and now the case is not good and it's a case design fault, not the OP that dropped it, the case... You are basically asking for a heated debate. Everything stretches with use and if mine did that after one month of use, enough that my table constantly slid out, I would not put my tablet in it and would've got in touch with pc world to either get it replaced or refunded. I use mine everyday and I have not experience anything like that to be honest. If I did and kept using it and the tablet dropped do you think I would come here and make a thread like this one? I would be upset obviously but it was no one else's fault but mine.

I said my piece

ciau bambinos :D

Guest cjtkd
I just tested mine - I have had it nearly 4 weeks - and it slips out very easily, just gravity no shaking - unless of course you grip the case tight to the Vega.

Anyway I might try some velcro stuck on the left edge of the Vega and inside the case. The other thought was to sew (or get wife so to do) black elastic between the front and back of the case just below the power socket. The latter would be better at keeping it in position = so the camera lines up with the hole!

Anyone have any other creative ideas other than the duck tape (or whatever it was) posted earlier?

PS My case is showing signs of wear already around the edges. Is this really worth £30??

The thing is after only 4 weeks should you REALLY have to be doing this? I myself have the Vega case, I refused to buy it new after reading so many bad reviews about poor build quality. I only paid £15 for mine but even at that price its ONLY JUST worth it.

Fit For Purpose is not limited to just new, fresh from the shop products. If, as is the case with many, they fail after such a short amount of time (in the OP's case causing it to simply slip out entirely) I have to agree that you should get onto DSG's customer service dept right away. Take names, log times of calls and send any letters recorded. Contact trading standards and be sure to get a ref number as this usually kicks most companies into action.

You have EVERY RIGHT to complain, don't be put off by people suggesting its your fault it was dropped. If you picked up the case and the Vega simply dropped out due to an ill fitting case, how is that YOUR fault? :D

Guest steviesteve

Watching this thread descend into chaos has been interesting.

Heres my twopenceworth... as a retailer.... and a consumer... yep, most store staff are also shoppers!

Trading standards/Cab officers will see the retailer more often than a particular consumer and as such usually have a good relationship with them... assuming the retailer is reputable. I for one know a few officials near where i work and im pleased to say, they always find in our favour if problems occur... we are a responsible retailer and always act wuth customers interests at heart but unfortunately cant help when customers break things!

Disruptive/rude customers... no hassle.... security just removes them and they get banned.

People with genuine issues.... no problem, we have time to deal with these issues because we dont run scared if someone mentions trading standards.

As a consumer, would i waste my time, getting stressed and frustrated? Would i embarrass myself by kicking off in public? Not likely. I woulld probably write a letter of complaint stating how much I loved the product/company but was dissapointed by recent experience.

I guarantee you, any consumer, a thoughtful considered and sensible complaint will reap rewards and only cost you 5 mins time along with the cost of a stamp.

In this situation.... pop in to the local store and ask for the head office address, point out in your letter the flaw with the case and the fact that the Vega is not a laptop and should not treated as one or refferred to as one by the staff.. let us know how you get on and you might just help others by making a difference in a positive way!

Guest warriorscot

The case is a definate rush job and was admitted as such. It doesn't make any illusions of being secure and the issue has been discussed here in the past. This type of case is prone to slipping without a reraining device. I honestly don't have much sympathy as you were either blind to the obvious, totally naieve or just plain careless.

Repairs aren't going to be possible on the vega without very specialised skills and knowledge as laptops typically tend toward pcs in design and the vega tends towards a phone making repairs very difficult. repairing the buttons you would need to replace the whole button interface and as its a bespoke part for the p10an01 its unlikely advent could get hold of them and also have someone with the skill to doesn't the work. It would certainly be at the limits of my experience and I amica experienced in repairing computers and electronics.

Basicaly it sucks you broke it but dsg isn't liable for accidents or carelessness on your party. That's why you pay for home and gadjet insurance.

As far as I am concerned there isnt anything wrong with the case ... Yes the Vega can slip out IF you are holding it a certain way , and have the grip of an old women with arthritis.

If you are holding it the right way up and have a firm grip on it then the Vega WILL NOT fall out ... its as simple as that ...

It's like moaning cos all your notes and coins fell out of your wallet cos you were holding it upside down. That's not the fault of the wallet, its the fault of the person using the wallet.

Guest ChocolateRobot
As far as I am concerned there isnt anything wrong with the case ... Yes the Vega can slip out IF you are holding it a certain way , and have the grip of an old women with arthritis.

If you are holding it the right way up and have a firm grip on it then the Vega WILL NOT fall out ... its as simple as that ...

It's like moaning cos all your notes and coins fell out of your wallet cos you were holding it upside down. That's not the fault of the wallet, its the fault of the person using the wallet.

That is complete nonsense. A wallet designed to hold change has a zip....leave that open and sure that's your fault.

One of the features of the Vega is it flips from landscape to portrait right? So very likely to be held with one hand while rotating with the other! If what you are saying is true then shouldn't the opening on the case be on the left as most people are right handed. Try flipping the vega from landscape to portrait with the case open. Think you might find that you flip it clockwise and ............whoops it slips out. We are talking real world usage here, commuting for instance, not someone in their bedroom concentrating on not dropping their Vega!

The OP will get nowhere, the repair is extortionate and the moral of the story is.......protective cases are a waste of money (unless you want minor scruff resistance), just buy insurance. And that really is all I have to say on this (I need to collect a repeat prescription for me arthritis before I get a set and blue rinse).

Guest Skip Tracer

I have been using the official Vega case for 3 months now and I am in complete agreement with the OP over the design of this case.

I was very lucky to discover this flaw before doing any damage to the machine and it is a PITA to have to warn everybody when handing the Vega over for them to have a look.

My first words to my friend and family are “watch that the computer does not fall out of the end”.

I am sure in the US that the sellers would be banged to rights unless there was a warning about the flaw and probably would be here in the UK too...

That is complete nonsense. A wallet designed to hold change has a zip....leave that open and sure that's your fault.

Fine .. take your wallet hold it upside down and give it a shake ... let me know how you get on with picking your notes up off the floor ....

Regarding holding it in portrait .. thats a pretty poor argument, as you could quite easily (knowing that it may slip out) put the vega in the other way , there isn't anything stopping anybody from down that. Even then it's still not difficult to make sure that it doesn't fall out.

Also if you know someone else might want to use it and are worried that they might not realise .. take it out of the case! ..

Take another example, my work Blackberry's case doesn't hold the blackberry in particularly well either, but it hasn't fallen out once , why because I know it could and therefore I am CAREFUL with it.

Seriously I get annoyed with the whole 'it's not my fault' attitude of world's population these days ... You broke your device , it was your fault .. take it like a man, accept it and move on .. Don't come ranting on a forum about how the case is crap and therefore its the case's fault. There I said it .. I know nobody else wanted to ... so I will fall on the sacrificial sword.

Guest ChocolateRobot

Oh go on then another comment or two......

I know what people are saying about the blame culture etc etc etc. Just to be clear I am not actually defending stupidity, or clumsiness but the rights of people to assume that a product serves the purpose as advertised. What you are suggesting is that all technical failures are down to the individual and not the company producing the goods (do you work for Apple?).

"Fine .. take your wallet hold it upside down and give it a shake ... let me know how you get on with picking your notes up off the floor ...."

The words "Shake the wallet" make it intentional, not a design fault and not at all about normal usage.

"Regarding holding it in portrait .. thats a pretty poor argument, as you could quite easily (knowing that it may slip out) put the vega in the other way , there isn't anything stopping anybody from down that. Even then it's still not difficult to make sure that it doesn't fall out."

Not at all. I don't quite know what you mean by putting the Vega in the other way? If you mean orientate it the other way (turn counter-clockwise) then

a) it's not a natural thing for a right handed person to do

:D means you are supporting the device with the weaker less co-ordinated hand, which is silly.

c) The controls would be underneath the device and not on top. Need I say more?

Also "Knowing it might fall out" inferes a known issue with the case. The first you might know about it is your beloved Vega smashed to pieces on the pavement. wAAAHHHHHHH!

"Take another example, my work Blackberry's case doesn't hold the blackberry in particularly well either, but it hasn't fallen out once , why because I know it could and therefore I am CAREFUL with it."

I have already stated that I know there is an issue with the "crappy" case so if I choose to carry on using it and it falls out well that's just my hard luck. The point is about a protective case that does not protect properly / has massive design flaws.

Seriously I get annoyed with the whole 'it's not my fault' attitude of world's population these days ... You broke your device , it was your fault .. take it like a man, accept it and move on .. Don't come ranting on a forum about how the case is crap and therefore its the case's fault. There I said it .. I know nobody else wanted to ... so I will fall on the sacrificial sword.

OK, but I think people have already said that. I didn't break my device......no seriously, I'm not the OP. I think he may well have moved on (I guess I should do the same).

Have a good day obb, it's been a pleasure.

Guest ChocolateRobot
Its the style.of the case. And most of us have probably outgrown wallets with zips.

Lot's of wallets have zips, velcro or pouches for change that aren't for kids? But that's not the point is it.......it was an analogy (I think thats the word I'm looking for).

Edited by ChocolateRobot

Guest cjtkd

To the people standing by this shoddy piece of kit. Answer me this - Do you honestly feel that it is a good quality product that reflects the price it retails for?

The following reviews were posted online by others, these are not my words

Poor build quality! One edge of the folia case is open to allow you to insert the tablet and still have access to the ports on the side. When first purchased it was a nice snugg fit but after 5 weeks I now find that the tablet just slips straight out. If not carried in a particular way the tablet will just fall out of the case! Not worth the money paid for it. Judging by the forums, I am not the only person experiencing this problem.

Very expensive for something that's only plastic; I would have expected it at least to have been leather. The fit is very tight, and if left overnight for example, the VEGA slips back out of the caseby 5mm or so, obscuring the camera.

Shame there's no additional storage areas in the case and there is a risk of the device slipping out the top.

Now these people may or may not visit this user forum, I guess thats not really the point, BUT the point is it does seem to be a common problem that the folio case loosens up and can cause the Vega to slip out far too easily.

Look lets be honest. No disrespect to the OP, but none of us can ever know for sure what happened during 'the drop'. It could have been one of those 'DOH!' moments or it could actually have been that the Vega slipped out way, way too easily due to the case becoming loose.

Something thats not really being discussed is that rather obvious 'cock up' with the folio case having a cut out for the official dock...... only for it to not actually fit. Could it be that the people using the dock to charge are having to take their Vega out of the folio case to charge everytime out of annoyance of having bought a dock and, well, wanting to actually use it!? I bought a dock THEN bought the folio case (thankfully 2nd hand having learnt about said cock up prior to purchasing) but I could see people having bought the case only to find it doesnt fit being more than a little hacked off!

Guest carl rose
To the people standing by this shoddy piece of kit. Answer me this - Do you honestly feel that it is a good quality product that reflects the price it retails for?

The following reviews were posted online by others, these are not my words

Poor build quality! One edge of the folia case is open to allow you to insert the tablet and still have access to the ports on the side. When first purchased it was a nice snugg fit but after 5 weeks I now find that the tablet just slips straight out. If not carried in a particular way the tablet will just fall out of the case! Not worth the money paid for it. Judging by the forums, I am not the only person experiencing this problem.

Very expensive for something that's only plastic; I would have expected it at least to have been leather. The fit is very tight, and if left overnight for example, the VEGA slips back out of the caseby 5mm or so, obscuring the camera.

Shame there's no additional storage areas in the case and there is a risk of the device slipping out the top.

Now these people may or may not visit this user forum, I guess thats not really the point, BUT the point is it does seem to be a common problem that the folio case loosens up and can cause the Vega to slip out far too easily.

Look lets be honest. No disrespect to the OP, but none of us can ever know for sure what happened during 'the drop'. It could have been one of those 'DOH!' moments or it could actually have been that the Vega slipped out way, way too easily due to the case becoming loose.

Something thats not really being discussed is that rather obvious 'cock up' with the folio case having a cut out for the official dock...... only for it to not actually fit. Could it be that the people using the dock to charge are having to take their Vega out of the folio case to charge everytime out of annoyance of having bought a dock and, well, wanting to actually use it!? I bought a dock THEN bought the folio case (thankfully 2nd hand having learnt about said cock up prior to purchasing) but I could see people having bought the case only to find it doesnt fit being more than a little hacked off!

No, the case does not justify the money. People paid £30, I only paid £19 for £15 it would be more accurate. Anyway, this is not the point of this thread, we are not discussing if the case is worth the money. We are discussing the fact that the OP chose to put his table in the case, DSG did not force him to do it, then he wasn't careful enough and let it slip through the opening. That is really it, he is saying that it's not his fault, it's the case, like the case was to blame for him not being careful

Guest cjtkd
No, the case does not justify the money. People paid £30, I only paid £19 for £15 it would be more accurate. Anyway, this is not the point of this thread, we are not discussing if the case is worth the money. We are discussing the fact that the OP chose to put his table in the case, DSG did not force him to do it, then he wasn't careful enough and let it slip through the opening. That is really it, he is saying that it's not his fault, it's the case, like the case was to blame for him not being careful

So what your saying is if your driving along in your new car and the brakes fail and you park it in a cow its your fault for driving it!? Cummon, get real. Everything is pointing towards these casez being total pants! Whilst we all carry on being so passive nothing will change about it!

Oh and ALL my points were totally relevant and in direct connection to the suggested 'fault'.