DSG repair cost unbelievable!!!!!!

Guest jonnyspuruk

Guest carl rose
So what your saying is if your driving along in your new car and the brakes fail and you park it in a cow its your fault for driving it!? Cummon, get real. Everything is pointing towards these casez being total pants! Whilst we all carry on being so passive nothing will change about it!

Oh and ALL my points were totally relevant and in direct connection to the suggested 'fault'.

Yeah just go driving in your car, have an accident and blame the breaks. I bet your insurance will not pay as it wasn't really your fault but the breaks. Good comparison you made there. Try it in real life and let me know what happens eh eh

Guest cjtkd
Yeah just go driving in your car, have an accident and blame the breaks. I bet your insurance will not pay as it wasn't really your fault but the breaks. Good comparison you made there. Try it in real life and let me know what happens eh eh

Noone likes a smart @ss.

BTW its 'ha ha', 'eh eh' is a phrase used by a certain window licking character on Little Britain.

Guest carl rose
Noone likes a smart @ss.

BTW its 'ha ha', 'eh eh' is a phrase used by a certain window licking character on Little Britain.

eh eh, eh eh You are making silly comparisons to justify something that has no possible justification. It is his fault as he was the one that dropped it. Not the case and not the floor. You can go and say that the case has a bad design and that it is unsafe, flawed and not designed for the vega but it does not excuse that he choose to put the device in it he was not careful knowing that the vega could fall from the opening and he was the one that decided to keep the case and use it! What now? It was the cases fault? Get real man.

Edited by carl rose

Guest cjtkd
eh eh, eh eh You are making silly comparisons to justify something that has no possible justification. It is his fault as he was the one that dropped it. Not the case and not the floor. You can go and say that the case has a bad design and that it is unsafe, flawed and not designed for the vega but it does not excuse that he choose to put the device in it he was not careful knowing that the vega could fall from the opening and he was the one that decided to keep the case and use it! What now? It was the cases fault? Get real man.

"...does not excuse that he choose to put the device in it he was not careful knowing that the vega could fall from the opening and he was the one that decided to keep the case and use it!"

Look at the OP's post count. 22. Your presuming in your last statement that the OP knew that the Vega could 'fall from the opening'. Yeah like we all go out buying an official product presuming it to be of poor fit. So what your saying is the way the Vega Folio is designed is such that the Vega could fall from it quite easily if picked up in a certain way. Hang on, so now your agreeing with me!?

First you say it can only fall from if you use it incorrectly NOW your saying "knowing that the vega could fall from the opening"...

Its not MY comparisons that are silly...

Guest carl rose
"...does not excuse that he choose to put the device in it he was not careful knowing that the vega could fall from the opening and he was the one that decided to keep the case and use it!"

Look at the OP's post count. 22. Your presuming in your last statement that the OP knew that the Vega could 'fall from the opening'. Yeah like we all go out buying an official product presuming it to be of poor fit. So what your saying is the way the Vega Folio is designed is such that the Vega could fall from it quite easily if picked up in a certain way. Hang on, so now your agreeing with me!?

First you say it can only fall from if you use it incorrectly NOW your saying "knowing that the vega could fall from the opening"...

Its not MY comparisons that are silly...

What? Now it's not about the fact that he is guilty??? You are soooo petty that now you are finding holes in my words? Grow up mate, you are nothing but a kid that cannot prove his point and now is trying to find ways to not look bad (making others feel bad). It's not working, it's making you look more like an idiot than before. Getting quotes from what I said is just a poor attempt to prove your point. You want to be treated like a child? Put the vega in, don't rotate it with the opening down, put a hand on top of the opening or the vega might slip out...

Ridiculous

PS I did not realise that it was difficult to learn, sorry my bad. It is very complex to learn how to hold a gadget and not drop it with 22 posts. What was I thinking. You are right, he has got a good argument for court... If he says I only had 22 posts and didn't know the proper way to hold the tablet inside of the poor designed case, only if the case was properly designed I would've figured it out, now I want the price of the tablet and the case please. If he emphasise on the please I'm pretty sure he will win.

Edited by carl rose

Guest zzleezz

Feisty in here isn't it! ;-)

Hoping I don't have to ask for a repair as my rotation lock button just snapped in half. Fingers crossed they will warranty swap it in store.

Guest carl rose
Feisty in here isn't it! ;-)

Hoping I don't have to ask for a repair as my rotation lock button just snapped in half. Fingers crossed they will warranty swap it in store.

ha ha ha, love it!

You should be alright with that. Don't blame the tablet design and it should be a piece of cake. ;-)

Edited by carl rose

Guest Qwertymon
Just a warning to anyone who like me who did not take out an extended warranty with dsg when they bought a Vega. Today I had a misshap with my Vega whilst carrying it in the poorly designed official case whereby the Vega slipped out onto theground with a thud! I now have a Vega with a bashed up top corner with volume control that no longer works!

On visiting PC world I was told that without an extended warranty they could do nothing as they would have just switched out the Vega for a new one. When I stated that surely a 1 year manufacturers warranty should mean a repair was possible I was quoted £230 to fix it. Thats the cost of a new one and is just ridiculous. What shocked me more i was told by the very helpful lady(not) in PC world that that is the gamble I was taking buying the tablet without an extended warranty. Very helpful! !!!

Now I do appreciate that this accidental damage and partly my fault but surely the Vega case should have been designed to slip in vertically with both sides covered and thus fully protected when the case is closed?

£230 to repair some plastic casing and a plastic volume control is just scandalous! !!!!

This seems wrong, and it would appear you've been quoted the fix priced laptop repair, in addtion, it would be sent away for repait and if they didnt fix it within 28 days of it being "sent" youd get a new one.

How ever I do not think the repair centre is equiped to deal with tablets, like most strange repairs that get sent to the repair centre (or mercom) they would just bounce it back with a note saying "wtf no psu, wtf dude, wtf I dont know what this is, wtf....." The repair centre is brilliant for laptops but I wouldnt chuck a tablet at them or a software issue.

In other words dixons just dont have a repair option for it, I can tell you this, they do not support the software and on 4 different occasions now my clinic phone has rang with Customer services putting someone through asking for help with their vega, I had to tell the last guy just no, Ive got my own work to deal with >_<

as far as court goes, good luck, I do not think you will get anywhere though.

Edited by Qwertymon

Guest High Flyer
This seems wrong, and it would appear you've been quoted the fix priced laptop repair, in addtion, it would be sent away for repait and if they didnt fix it within 28 days of it being "sent" youd get a new one.

Actually, with the Fixed Price Repair, if they can't repair it within the 28 days you get a full refund, you don't get a brand new device, that's only with Whatever Happens.

Regards

Guest Qwertymon
Actually, with the Fixed Price Repair, if they can't repair it within the 28 days you get a full refund, you don't get a brand new device, that's only with Whatever Happens.

Regards

or a warranty repair, I was implying WEH on the 28 day return time, that if everythign goes to plan in the company will be dramatically scaled down from 28 days, it may be one of them products that if you call up the customer is just issued vouchers too like with some laser printers/scanners, but I have never come across a WEH'd vega yet, I think mine is the only WEH'd vega ive seen, but it went through as a netbook when I attached WEH to it at xmas time so god knows what they will do, we'll find out if I ever drop it :/ which no way in hell do I intend to do when its one of my prize possessions I use to annoy my apple wielding managers.

Edited by Qwertymon

Guest cjtkd
What? Now it's not about the fact that he is guilty??? You are soooo petty that now you are finding holes in my words? Grow up mate, you are nothing but a kid that cannot prove his point and now is trying to find ways to not look bad (making others feel bad). It's not working, it's making you look more like an idiot than before. Getting quotes from what I said is just a poor attempt to prove your point. You want to be treated like a child? Put the vega in, don't rotate it with the opening down, put a hand on top of the opening or the vega might slip out...

Ridiculous

PS I did not realise that it was difficult to learn, sorry my bad. It is very complex to learn how to hold a gadget and not drop it with 22 posts. What was I thinking. You are right, he has got a good argument for court... If he says I only had 22 posts and didn't know the proper way to hold the tablet inside of the poor designed case, only if the case was properly designed I would've figured it out, now I want the price of the tablet and the case please. If he emphasise on the please I'm pretty sure he will win.

Oh just shut up would you... All your doing is switching your argument with every reply, never once actually addressing any of the comments made.

As for calling me 'a kid that cannot prove his point', thats just a plain stupid thing to say on a public forum.

All you have done throughout this whole thread is be a rude, irritating, smart @ss with a total inability to remember (or read back through) what you just posted.

Guest ian webster

FWIW, I dropped my Vega this morning shattering the glass, I rang my Home insurance people and 20 minutes later I have a cheque for a new item being posted to me. Obviously of no solace to the OP but it does underline the value of having home contents Insurance, the whole process was remarkably painless. (as opposed to the pain I felt when I dropped the sodding thing!!)

Guest cjtkd
FWIW, I dropped my Vega this morning shattering the glass, I rang my Home insurance people and 20 minutes later I have a cheque for a new item being posted to me. Obviously of no solace to the OP but it does underline the value of having home contents Insurance, the whole process was remarkably painless. (as opposed to the pain I felt when I dropped the sodding thing!!)

Hope your renewal fee next year doesn't jump more than the worth of the vega due to the claim though....

Guest carl rose
Hope your renewal fee next year doesn't jump more than the worth of the vega due to the claim though....

If everyone thought like that we would just be making the insurance companies rich and never claim. I do think like that sometimes I have to admit but if it is more expensive next year I just won't take insurance for a while. It's not like it's compulsory like car insurance.

Guest carl rose
Oh just shut up would you... All your doing is switching your argument with every reply, never once actually addressing any of the comments made.

As for calling me 'a kid that cannot prove his point', thats just a plain stupid thing to say on a public forum.

All you have done throughout this whole thread is be a rude, irritating, smart @ss with a total inability to remember (or read back through) what you just posted.

Ok mate, enough is enough. We've dwelled enough over this. I'll be the bigger man and stop this silly argument, I have made my views very clear for everyone to see. You have your points and I have mine and it's not like any of us is going to win anything. :D

Guest 2old2mould

An intelligent man is on his way to a meeting and decides to buy a coffee. He enters Costabucks and buys a Double Decaf Cappamochochino with choc sprinkles to go.

Man thinks "hang on, as I'm going to be taking this outside maybe I should put a lid on it, to protect myself from burning coffee"

Man applies lid to coffee cup but has the common sense to note the hole in the lid which allows him to enjoy the hot beverage.

Man walks outside holding his cup in his left hand, the same hand is attached to the wrist currently being caressed by his expensive gold Rolex (he is a wealthy man, and this was a gift given to him self for being a clever man and therefore quite successful).

He now realises he is running late for his meeting and without thinking turns his wrist to check the time.

In a split second a torrent of red hot foamy milk and coffee cascades from the cup, splashing down his Ozwald Boateng suit and landing in large drops on the tops of his dark brown suede Oliver Sweeney shoes. A mere moment later the boiling liquid soaks through the material of his trousers and silk underwear and scalds his legs and private parts.

The man screams and dance around the pavement in a small circle while on tip toes, arms raised as if initiating a pirouette. He eventually places the cup down on the ground and gingerly pulls the fabric away from the skin, sucking in air through his teeth as each small movement causes the hot liquid to reach new parts of his lower body.

He is defeated, and knows he will never make that meeting, nor be able to wear that suit or shoes again. He is lost...

Yet who is to blame..?

I suggest those claiming that the case is not fit for purpose perhaps consider the above and seek answers in their own soul, before advising the OP to commit his time and money to chasing windmills.

Edited by 2old2mould

Guest carl rose
An intelligent man is on his way to a meeting and decides to buy a coffee. He enters Costabucks and buys a Double Decaf Cappamochochino with choc sprinkles to go.

Man thinks "hang on, as I'm going to be taking this outside maybe I should put a lid on it, to protect myself from burning coffee"

Man applies lid to coffee cup but has the common sense to note the hole in the lid which allows him to enjoy the hot beverage.

Man walks outside holding his cup in his left hand, the same hand is attached to the wrist currently being caressed by his expensive gold Rolex (he is a wealthy man, and this was a gift given to him self for being a clever man and therefore quite successful).

He now realises he is running late for his meeting and without thinking turns his wrist to check the time.

In a split second a torrent of red hot foamy milk and coffee cascades from the cup, splashing down his Ozwald Boateng suit and landing in large drops on the tops of his dark brown suede Oliver Sweeney shoes. A mere moment later the boiling liquid soaks through the material of his trousers and silk underwear and scalds his legs and private parts.

The man screams and dance around the pavement in a small circle while on tip toes, arms raised as if initiating a pirouette. He eventually places the cup down on the ground and gingerly pulls the fabric away from the skin, sucking in air through his teeth as each small movement causes the hot liquid to reach new parts of his lower body.

He is defeated, and knows he will never make that meeting, nor be able to wear that suit or shoes again. He is lost...

Yet who is to blame..?

I suggest those claiming that the case is not fit for purpose perhaps consider the above and seek answers in their own soul, before advising the OP to commit his time and money to chasing windmills.

Very elaborated story, it reads like a book :D

Guest High Flyer

I have to admit, that was one very nice read ha ha.

Sorry Qwertymon, I forgot about warranty repairs, Having been in the situation before and gone through it, I don't know how I managed to completely forget.

Guest 2old2mould

Thank you both, I knew I had a career in writing beckoning when I dreamed up this idea about a young boy/man who finds out he is the son of two wizards, goes off to wizard school and has some adventures battling this evil being I was going to call Mouldywort. He eventually wakes up in a pool of sweat to find he is actually Victoria Principal and that the previously deceased Patrick Duffy was alive and well and having a shower...

Someone beat me to it.

2o2m.

Edited by 2old2mould

Guest ian webster

Good point, I did check though before commiting..

Guest carl rose
This thread needs closing!

Why is that? We are in a forum with a hot topic so things do get discussed as people do not have to agree on everything. Don't see a reason why this thread should be closed.

Guest cjtkd
Why is that? We are in a forum with a hot topic so things do get discussed as people do not have to agree on everything. Don't see a reason why this thread should be closed.

Agreed, see look at all the abundance of agreement.