Battery problem

Guest Neo0016

Guest Neo0016

Hey Guys!

I have a strange problem: Today I unplugged my Pulse with 100% (so it was fully charged) and after 30min it had only 90% left. Now after 10 hours it has only 30% left.

I did not change anything in the last week. I have a 2.2 ROM installed but I had even more than 2 days uptime without recharging with that ROM.

It's really strange...

Has somebody an idea? Is my battery broken or does the phone just thinks it is charged when it is only on 80%?! Does someone else have similar problems?

Cheers

Neo

Guest Casterina

It could be the apps/widgets you have on your phone.. the more apps/widget which are in the background will mean more battery is consumed

download advanced task killer in the market

once installed open it and press your menu button on the phone

go on settings - auto kill level - set to crazy

auto kill frequency - when screen is off

These settings will increase your battery life ALOT!

All your apps will be killed when your screen is off.. so when you open gallery and you close it.. it still being used in the background.. applying the auto kill feature will close it automatically..

Guest craigb244
Hey Guys!

I have a strange problem: Today I unplugged my Pulse with 100% (so it was fully charged) and after 30min it had only 90% left. Now after 10 hours it has only 30% left.

I did not change anything in the last week. I have a 2.2 ROM installed but I had even more than 2 days uptime without recharging with that ROM.

It's really strange...

Has somebody an idea? Is my battery broken or does the phone just thinks it is charged when it is only on 80%?! Does someone else have similar problems?

Cheers

Neo

try this,

Charge the phone till it says its fully charged. unplug it for a bit till the level drops and settles (I guess 30mins for you) the reconnect the charger. with any luck it will take a while to recharge. then do it all again once more.

I do this on my pulse about once a month and notice my battery and at the end of each day i usually have about 20% battery left and Im a heavy internet user.

The problem is that the battery and battery control is a bit dumb, It guesses capacity from the voltage. when almost charged the voltage will reach charged level before it is fully charged.

by doing this the battery control circuit will relearn the battery characteristics... for a while

good luck

Craig

Guest twrock
Hey Guys!

It's really strange...

Cheers

Neo

Have you corrected the camera app bug (by flashing the patched version, or by using Vignettte, or by adjusting the resolution down to 2mp)? If not, and if you used the camera app, it may be eating your batter like crazy. Reboot will solve this problem temporarily, but the above options will keep it solved.

Guest Neo0016

@Casterina: I did that yesterday with SetCPU. I mande a new profile and said when the screen is off, the min and max CPU frequencie has to be 122mhz. At the moment my pulse is unplugged for 13 hours an has 70% remaining. I will have a look at this the next few days... but thanks for this!

@craigb244: I will try this next time i recharge my fon.

@twrock: I installed yesterday your latest ROM. Looks great!! I don't think my battery loss was because of the camera bug. I didn't use the camera for quite a long time.

Thanks for you help guys! I will report as soon as I have know something new. :D

Guest eckengucker1

Could be caused by an app which is running in the background. You could try "autostarts" (with an "s") and disable all unnecessary background-apps.

Guest karlosoliveira

with autostarts disable the unnecessary apps.

with task killer kill the apps unnecessary at standby

tweak the setcpu min122, max691, sampling rate 100000, up thereshold 95 and ignore nice load 1.

force 2G

disable APN

with my 8230 i can take about 4 days using regular but when use 3G and APN surfing on the web.. theres no miracles and it drains very fast!

Guest sun lbx

i would recommend autokill on screen off

and setcpu 122-245mhz ondemand when screen off

yeah yeah

i run my pulse on 320mhz with screen ON)))

And its okay

because cyanogenmod is VERY fast)))

Guest eckengucker1
I made some modifications within setcpu. Don't know yet if I will get the expected result...

what do you mean with "disable APN"?

APN=> access point name. He means your internet connection over 3G/2G

Guest Neo0016
APN=> access point name. He means your internet connection over 3G/2G

Well, that's not what I want to do. I want an internet connection AND long battery life! :D

Enabling only 2G improves my battery life a lot. But I am paying for 3G so I want to use it and not disable it...

Guest Neo0016

I think I found the factor why my battery was draining that fast: the high cpu freq of 691Mhz!

I now set the max cpu freq back to 614mhz, the fon is not really slower compared to the 691mhz settings and now holds 24h

(with 3G enabled and quite a few calls and some emails and web browsing).

thx for your help!

Guest karlosoliveira
I think I found the factor why my battery was draining that fast: the high cpu freq of 691Mhz!

I now set the max cpu freq back to 614mhz, the fon is not really slower compared to the 691mhz settings and now holds 24h

(with 3G enabled and quite a few calls and some emails and web browsing).

thx for your help!

lowering the frequency helps and the up thereshold in the set cpu too.

the LCD brightness.. much lower much better!

Guest ringer

I sometimes get poor battery life - when I do, checking battery usage, usually have a high percentage in Cell Standby. Think this is to do with when phone loses signal and tries to find a transmitter. Seems to be a problem only sometimes. May also explain why friends try to call me and can't get hold of me.

Guest sun lbx

also you might have damaged your battery in case you caught an overheat.

i caught mine when playing NFS Shift with overclocked CPU and during battery charging process

Since that I come home after the university studies having only 20% batt

Before that case I used to come home with 50-65%

Guest Casterina

If your phone is overclocked. decrease the mhz, and enable swap and cache to sd.. this will increase the speed of your phone after your cpu frequency is decreased.

Guest Redparrot
It astounds me that people are still recommending the use of task killers on a 2.2 ROM.

http://lifehacker.com/#!5650894/androi...ouldnt-use-them

Interesting article - thanks for sharing.

After reading that I uninstalled Advanced Task Killer and installed Watchdog. I've not noticed any saving in battery life, but the phone does seem to me to run smoother.

As for saving battery, I saw a huge improvement in battery life when disabling 3G and only using it when I had to do some non-mobile browsing/app updates/navigation.

Me too, using only 2G and turning off data when not needed made a big difference.

Guest TaiwanCHT8k

Battery recalibration

If you're experiencing higher than normal battery drain, try the following:

Charge the device to full battery; let it keep charging until the battery says it is fully charged. Do not just wait until the light is green, it isn't always fully charged, causing a lot of inaccuracies. (You can check by going to: Settings -> About device -> Status -> Battery Level = Full.)

Boot to recovery mode and delete the battery stats

NOTE: To have the most accurate of battery stats, reboot the device immediately after wiping the battery stats and wait for CyanogenMod to boot completely to the desktop. Once your entire boot is done and you have full access to the device, go ahead and pull the charger and continue with this troubleshooter.

Do not charge the device until after draining the battery completely, resulting in it automatically shutting off.

Recharge the device completely and then use as you normally would.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Troubleshooting#Battery_recalibration