I'm having problems unlocking memory on a new Blade. New protection maybe?

Guest laserburn

Guest laserburn

Less than a week ago I've bought ZTE Blade in Wind store in Greece, it is Gen1 with half the RAM memory locked.

I've spent a few days getting to know it, because I've just switched from Symbian to Android, then tried unlocking the memory. I've rooted the phone, but I can't get either Recovery Manager or Rom Manager to work, first one crashes on startup, second one hangs when trying to install ClockworkMod. I haven't made any important changes on this phone, other than replacing the original SD card with a 8 GB one which seems to be working just fine.

Now I don't know what to do. Can someone help me solve this mistery?

I could flash Hungarian update and use that if it has English language enabled, but won't using it in Greece cause some localization problems with apps? Should I wait for official Froyo to come and pray that it unlocks all the memory?

Edited by laserburn

Guest laserburn

Sorry guys, false alarm. All it took was the restart of the phone and Recovery Manager now works fine.

I've updated the firmware to the Hungarian version and unlocked the memory. Now I'm two minds between returning the original Greek ROM or keeping the Hungarian. I've backed up both ROM, apps and data, so both scenarios are possible.

Guest laserburn

Ok, end of monologue. Hungarian ROM is indeed SIM locked, you can't use it. I've flashed back the old backed up ROM and everything is working great again, but with twice more RAM.

One more thing that I discovered by accident: Hungarian ROM had WiFi problem that it could connect to a network after going to sleep, Greek doesn't. So it is indeed not a hardware, but a software issue.

Edited by laserburn

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Now you should just get Cyanogen :D

And if you do: Before getting grumpy. DON'T USE ADW LAUNCHER. just go to the market and download launcher pro instead, it looks so much better :D

Guest jeddy1
Now you should just get Cyanogen :D

And if you do: Before getting grumpy. DON'T USE ADW LAUNCHER. just go to the market and download launcher pro instead, it looks so much better :(

Much better than Adw Ex? I don't think so :D

Guest eLJay
I actually use CM7 ADW :D

disable wallpaper hack and set scrolling cache to low and its grand :D

Okay I've made those changes, seems okay either way (nightly build 28).

I'll see if it makes the draw a bit more stable.