StreakDroid 1.9.0 ( aka The Final Frontier ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest xO Gideon Ox
Is it MyDog MyHome or MyDog MyRoom? because I cannot find "MyDog MyHome" even on the websites.

Sorry yes it is MyDog MyRoom...had it installed...worked fine...updated to 1.9.0...still worked fine...couple of features went a bit funny (just normal corruption i'd say)...removed it and went to reinstall it and it wasn't on the market anymore...went to the online market and it says it's not compatible, but if i point it towards my old streak it says it is compatible? I think there was a market update recently on my phone...not sure though...shows 2.3.4

Any help would be much appreciated before my daughter drives me nuts :D

*edit*

Think it might be me...think it might be FR and reflash time B)

Taking a while on boot....when trying to do system update it now says invalid (sure it used to say something else on Steve's builds)...Everything on the phone seems to have taken a sever nose dive over the last few days...since i installed that crappy SPB 3D shell lol...was a nice gimmick but not at the expense of the rest of the phone hehe

*edit2*

ok so it all went a bit wrong....cleared dalvik, cache +FR...then reflashed...stuck in a boot loop now???

nothing from the streakmod recovery menu cleared it....loaded into the dell menu...factory reset from there and it came back to life...

concerning why i have to do that....repeated clear and flash...same prob...repeated dell FR...cleared again...

any ideas/recommendations on whats goin on?

Joolsc...can you see the correct one in the market from the phone?

Edited by xO Gideon Ox

Guest superutp

had to do screen calibration just now...

got that sticky lock screen problem...restarted..still cudnt unlock...re-flashed...still cudnt unlock...

re-calibrated...seems to be fine for now...

Guest wbracken

Ever since upgrading from 1.8.1 to 1.9.0 I now get phantom "new email" notifications. I use the default email client to connect to Exchange 2010 SP1 server. I can reproduce the issue on demand by going to the email client and clicking "Refresh". Once its done checking the server I get a new email notification every time however there isn't actually a new email. I usually get one after I get a new email, check it and close out of the program. A few minutes later I will get the notification for no reason.

Anyone else see this? I have tried a factory reset but the issue remains. Only difference this time was that I chose to try the LauncherPro versus AWD that I usually run (specified in the install.txt for flash process)

It is quite annoying so hoping someone may have a fix to try? :-)

Thanks!

Guest somebody9

Has anyone else been facing random phases of extreme lagging? The lock screen is very, very often unresponsive, takes 4 or 5 tries to swipe lockscreen slider to unlock. Occasionally the device will slow down to a crawl and then become responsive again after a little while.

Anyone else?

Guest wbracken
Has anyone else been facing random phases of extreme lagging? The lock screen is very, very often unresponsive, takes 4 or 5 tries to swipe lockscreen slider to unlock. Occasionally the device will slow down to a crawl and then become responsive again after a little while.

Anyone else?

Yes, when I first upgraded to 1.9.0 I saw the same thing. If I locked the device and unlocked it again the lag went away. I re-flashed a few days ago and haven't (knock on wood) noticed it since. Now if I could get rid if the false new email notification issue. :-|

Guest somebody9
Yes, when I first upgraded to 1.9.0 I saw the same thing. If I locked the device and unlocked it again the lag went away. I re-flashed a few days ago and haven't (knock on wood) noticed it since. Now if I could get rid if the false new email notification issue. :-|

I've noticed the same thing. If I lock it again and then lock it, it resumes normally. Weird. Steve, could you look into this?

Guest tv-arnd
Ever since upgrading from 1.8.1 to 1.9.0 I now get phantom "new email" notifications. I use the default email client to connect to Exchange 2010 SP1 server. I can reproduce the issue on demand by going to the email client and clicking "Refresh". Once its done checking the server I get a new email notification every time however there isn't actually a new email. I usually get one after I get a new email, check it and close out of the program. A few minutes later I will get the notification for no reason.

Same with me. Go to "Sent" folder and you also get lots of notifications (for each incoming sent email). I had to switch of notifications for email.

Edited by tv-arnd

Guest somebody9

I hope that someday we'll get the stability of StreakDroid 1.6 with the functionality of StreakDroid 1.9. This constant lagging problem with the lockscreen and the email notification problem is getting to me.

Guest xO Gideon Ox

Have you guys done a factory reset? 1st page Steve said it may be necessary and others have found issues due to cached app info etc...

It could be you just need to bite the bullet and then do a fresh flash

Do you get these lag issues everytime you unlock the screen?

Edited by xO Gideon Ox

Guest wbracken
Have you guys done a factory reset? 1st page Steve said it may be necessary and others have found issues due to cached app info etc...

I have done both of these. The factory reset seemed to help the lag problem (knock on wood) but nothing has fixed the email notification issue. :-/

Guest alexmoi
I have done both of these. The factory reset seemed to help the lag problem (knock on wood) but nothing has fixed the email notification issue. :-/

Email notifications error for the standard email app has been there since the earlier streakdroids. I will get emails from 3 months ago in my email box sometimes

Guest wbracken
Email notifications error for the standard email app has been there since the earlier streakdroids. I will get emails from 3 months ago in my email box sometimes

Think we are talking about a different issue. I have been using streakdrioid from the first version and I have never gotten false email notifications until now. Sounds like you are saying old emails show back up and you get notified. The issue I am now having is the fact that i get a notification that I have a new email all day long when only about 50% of the time do I actually have a new email. ;-)

Guest somebody9

I always do a factory reset before an install.

Guest superutp

Lol..i have escaped a factory reset for the last 4 builds....tooo lazy to install everything back again..:D

Guest Stevewt
I hope that someday we'll get the stability of StreakDroid 1.6 with the functionality of StreakDroid 1.9. This constant lagging problem with the lockscreen and the email notification problem is getting to me.

For the time being I've gone back to 1.6.1. It was a PITA to reinstall everything, and I could kick myself for deleting my nandroid backup of 1.6.1 after I flashed 1.7.0, but it's great to have everything working smoothly again. I've had some kind of issue I couldn't resolve since 1.7.0, though most of them minor.

Guest 35354464

the 3d is not at its threshold. On 1.6.0 or 1.5.0 versions, if i do not add the 3d tweaks, the fps of the 2nd 3d test of Quadrant is somewhere 40-50. i definitely see it has touched 50 for many times. if 3d tweak is applied, it limits to a steady reading of 45. However, 1.7.0 and so on, it limits to a steady reading to 35 :D which is quite low and waste its potential. i don't want 1.9.0 to be the last update. i want a really competitive mobile until dell streak 2 is released. THX! Steve, i know you can do that B)

Guest somebody9
the 3d is not at its threshold. On 1.6.0 or 1.5.0 versions, if i do not add the 3d tweaks, the fps of the 2nd 3d test of Quadrant is somewhere 40-50. i definitely see it has touched 50 for many times. if 3d tweak is applied, it limits to a steady reading of 45. However, 1.7.0 and so on, it limits to a steady reading to 35 :D which is quite low and waste its potential. i don't want 1.9.0 to be the last update. i want a really competitive mobile until dell streak 2 is released. THX! Steve, i know you can do that B)

I don't really care about tweaking for the sake of numbers. I just want smooth, bug free performance.

On that note : has anyone noticed that when you receive incoming calls on 1.9.0, the accept call slider ( that is, the one on the left that you need to drag to the right ) is actually not entirely on the screen - it almost looks like it's been cropped or is placed outside of the visible space?

Steve, can we just work on fixing 1.9.0 instead of adding new features?

Guest alert_bri
I don't really care about tweaking for the sake of numbers. I just want smooth, bug free performance.

On that note : has anyone noticed that when you receive incoming calls on 1.9.0, the accept call slider ( that is, the one on the left that you need to drag to the right ) is actually not entirely on the screen - it almost looks like it's been cropped or is placed outside of the visible space?

Steve, can we just work on fixing 1.9.0 instead of adding new features?

Yes, it's been noticed and to be honest, who cares? If that's high on anyone's list of what's left to fix then Steve can hang up his keyboard now imho.

I do have the occasional slow down, immediately fixed by a sleep/wake cycle and so will try a factory reset to see if it will help.

Generally speaking, I can more than live with this release until the Dell Streak II (Opus One?) is released. Great job Steve, thanks again.

Cheers

Brian

Guest Wee Thomas

I've noticed that the blackplate issue is back. Namely that jostling my backplate or removing it causes the phone to power off. Is this happening with anyone else?

Guest tiffehr

Hey, all. First time poster, long time lurker. I have an issue with my 1.9.0 install. It won't save my APN settings. I enter them and hit save and they vanish. No values in that menu at all.

I saw another thread over on MyDellMini had the same issue back in January, but no follow-up post. Some forum-specific searches find all the settings data but no clear solution.

One factor I think may be related is an "unknown" for my baseband. With my move to 1.9.0, I did a factory reset and installed the AMSS/baseband update. That got me through install -- should I see a value?

Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated—I'd hate to roll back now that I see the gains from 1.6ish.

Guest alexmoi
Hey, all. First time poster, long time lurker. I have an issue with my 1.9.0 install. It won't save my APN settings. I enter them and hit save and they vanish. No values in that menu at all.

I saw another thread over on MyDellMini had the same issue back in January, but no follow-up post. Some forum-specific searches find all the settings data but no clear solution.

One factor I think may be related is an "unknown" for my baseband. With my move to 1.9.0, I did a factory reset and installed the AMSS/baseband update. That got me through install -- should I see a value?

Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated—I'd hate to roll back now that I see the gains from 1.6ish.

If your getting unknown baseband your not getting any call or chat capabilities. You did the process of installing wrong. Reinstall back from stock up. Without a baseband all you can do is use wifi and blutooth on your streak

P.S. redoo it all WITHOUT the AMSS part. Make sure you have a baseband in stock OS

Edited by alexmoi

Guest tiffehr
redoo it all WITHOUT the AMSS part. Make sure you have a baseband in stock OS

I'm trying to get back to stock, having gone in circles a few times getting the stock Update.pkg on my sdcard. However, running stock recovery's install-from-SD does not work. I get a backlit, empty screen, despite giving it nearly an hour. I've Factory reset and cleared all caches and partitions. No luck.

Can I do something to revert AMSS, separately?

Edited by tiffehr

Guest alert_bri

Me too... and I've also been having the slow downs... Just fixed yesterday by doing a factory reset on 1.9 some time after the installation. Try it and let us know how it works for you?

Couldn't be happier now... Everything seems to be working fine :D

Cheers

Brian

Guest alexmoi
I'm trying to get back to stock, having gone in circles a few times getting the stock Update.pkg on my sdcard. However, running stock recovery's install-from-SD does not work. I get a backlit, empty screen, despite giving it nearly an hour. I've Factory reset and cleared all caches and partitions. No luck.

Can I do something to revert AMSS, separately?

To go back to stock all is needed is to transfer the update.pkg to your sdcard. Then go into fastboot and change your recovery then restart streak press vol up and vol down and update your streak from there. Then when your stock is installed go back into fastbook and change your recovery back to newer one. No need to do anything with your amss. Going back to stock will fix this. Had a rebel sim card in my streak before and often had the problem with no baseband when i would fool around with the amss

Guest tiffehr
To go back to stock all is needed is to transfer the update.pkg to your sdcard. Then go into fastboot and change your recovery then restart streak press vol up and vol down and update your streak from there.

This is the part that's not working. I have the stock recovery installed and stock ROM ready to install. When run the command to add Update.pkg, it all hangs. Backlit, empty screen for an hour, last time I tried. It never booted anything. I haven't seen threads troubleshooting this issue, so I decided to post.

It seems like it can't figure out what to do when I use the #2 option under Stock recovery. Nothing appears, nothing runs. Rebooting w/o recovery returns me to the no-baseband 1.9.0.

PROGRESS! Seems like I had a faulty recovery.stock.img, downloaded from one of the threads. I started over and found another with more data and a response when running the #2 stock recovery command.

UN-PROGRESS: Reverting to stock everything does not seem to fully revert. My baseband still says "unknown" and my build number is "StreakDroid Froyo Beta 1", not a stock Dell 2.2.

RE-PROGRESS! I found a far more authoritative link to the Stock 2.2/GAUSB1A131800-US ROM. That reinstated a baseband that acknowledges AT&T. Gonna try to go to 1.9.0 without the baseband flashing.

UN-PROGRESS: Okay, I followed the advice above in full. Flashing to 1.9.0, even from a stock 2.2 with proper baseband *without the amss step* sets my baseband version back to "unknown".

FINAL: Gave up and went with another ROM. I'll tune in again next version, perhaps, hoping instrux skirt around or make clearer the baseband issue.

If anyone has advice about going from stock 2.2 to 1.9.0 while keeping AT&T APN access, please reply?

Edited by tiffehr