StreakDroid 1.9.0 ( aka The Final Frontier ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest coronet

I just want to confirm if this is a software problem of a hardware problem: do people put their phones in their pocket, walk around a little bit, pull their phone out to find it has turned off or booted to the Dell splashscreen at least a couple times a day? This is starting to drive me crazy, and I want to know if this is something I should call Dell about. Assuming my previous five Streaks returned hasn't voided my warranty already...

Guest kolloff
Just reflash your Nandroid backup from before you added tabmail. I know you wouldn't flash a new ROM without first making a full Nandroid Backup!

Well - Let us imagine that I did not made a Nandriod backup! (in fact I don't even know that application :) )

Are you saying that it was because of the use of tabmail that my data network is not working now?

I do not have any backup so what can I do now to get my phone connected?

Thank you in anticipation!

Guest mancterrier
I just want to confirm if this is a software problem of a hardware problem: do people put their phones in their pocket, walk around a little bit, pull their phone out to find it has turned off or booted to the Dell splashscreen at least a couple times a day? This is starting to drive me crazy, and I want to know if this is something I should call Dell about. Assuming my previous five Streaks returned hasn't voided my warranty already...

Mine reboots itself almost daily id say. Quite annoying but not life ending. Dunno if anyone else has the same problem...

Guest krazman
Mine reboots itself almost daily id say. Quite annoying but not life ending. Dunno if anyone else has the same problem...

This has been discussed at length for months. A simple seaech would have answered your question more quickly.

In your pocket: screen facing out (away from your skin) = no reboots. Facing in (toward skin) = reboots.

Guest alexmoi
This has been discussed at length for months. A simple seaech would have answered your question more quickly.

In your pocket: screen facing out (away from your skin) = no reboots. Facing in (toward skin) = reboots.

That is a fix if your streak is doing it only when you have it in your pocket. But alot of people have had it restart on it's own with no one touching it for a while.

Guest krazman
That is a fix if your streak is doing it only when you have it in your pocket. But alot of people have had it restart on it's own with no one touching it for a while.

You are absolutely correct.

However, I was responding to the three posts directly above mine that were discussing the reboot problems they were having when removing their Streak from their pocket.

Guest Luxusxda

Hi,

I have a problem which has been present in all of the streakdroid builds I have tried since 1.6.0 and in the official froyo builds. It is basically a general drastic slowdown of the phone when a call is dropped for any reason (can be on my side due to lost signal or the other side). I have run watchdog and it reports 100% cpu usage of "system process" (I suspect it's the phone.apk?). If a the person I was talking to calls again in this period I have great difficulty answering because the "slide to answer" is completely unresponsive. This usualy lasts for a minute or so and than the phone becomes completely responsive again.

My current buid: 1.9.0 noapps, perfmod (it happens even without perfmod).

Does anyone else have this problem? Please help.

Guest MrMartay
Hi,

I have a problem which has been present in all of the streakdroid builds I have tried since 1.6.0 and in the official froyo builds. It is basically a general drastic slowdown of the phone when a call is dropped for any reason (can be on my side due to lost signal or the other side). I have run watchdog and it reports 100% cpu usage of "system process" (I suspect it's the phone.apk?). If a the person I was talking to calls again in this period I have great difficulty answering because the "slide to answer" is completely unresponsive. This usualy lasts for a minute or so and than the phone becomes completely responsive again.

I've had this problem also, even with the shipped 1.6 and the Dell Froyo. I put the problem down to hardware as all the software versions do the same thing. My conclusion was that when having a phone call the screen is against your face and it warms it up and gives the phone the impression the whole screen is being touched and throws it into confusion. "slide to answer" or screen unlock pattern doesn't work or works a little, when the screen cools down a bit its fine again.

Currently running 1.6.1 as battery life lasts 2-3 days! :mellow:

Edited by MrMartay

Guest kolloff

No connection to mobile data network?

Please Please Please!

I really need some one to give me a hint please!

I have read to my eyes are red but I cannot find anything about this problem.

I have no data network connection.

I have now (for the first time) used QDL to install a new version. So at the moment I have some sort of stock Froyo from Dell.

Andriod version: 2.2

Baseband: GAUSB1A130500-EU

Build Number :10688

OEM Version GAUSB1A130500

Kernel version 2.632.9-perf

I would really like to understand why this could happen and what I shall do to get my phone back to function.

I previous wrote:

I have had 1.9.0 running for some time. I then tried to get tabmail to work with my POP3 account. All sorts of problem with that mail app. (Did not showed the incoming mails, only loaded 25 mails etc.) I tried to clear data. Then the mail app crashed every time I started it. Then I made a factory reset and flashed the 1.9.0 again (without tabmail).

And now I have no data network connection at all??

I have tried al sorts of things but no connection to mobile data network?

install.txt:

adwlauncher

volboost

bios

noswype

Can any one please give me a hint of what I shall do?

Well - Let us imagine that I did not made a Nandriod backup! (in fact I don't even know that application :mellow: )

Are you saying that it was because of the use of tabmail that my data network is not working now?

I do not have any backup so what can I do now to get my phone connected?

Thank you in anticipation!

Guest DoctorWkt

I hope it's OK to post a question about upgrading ROMs here; if not please point me at the best place. I want to upgrade to Steve's 1.9.0 ROM, but I've not done it before & want to be fully prepared.

I've got access to the internal 2G SD card as mentioned in this forum. I want to pull out and keep the existing 2G card untouched, and buy/use a new 4G SD card. The same forum indicates that a ROM upgrade can be done even when the internal card is blank.

I'm currently on O2 2.1 build 6941, unlocked, baseband GAUSB1A120321-EU, and I've got the ams.mbn file from the 1.9.0 forum. Question: if I flash the 1.9.0 ROM and the baseband onto the new empty internal SD card, can I simply swap between the old and new SD cards to switch between ROMs, or is there some other internal memory which stores information that would prevent such a swap?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to the upgrade.

Warren

Guest kolloff
Have you tried resetting your APN settings?

Yes I have tried that as well.

Before this happed, Every time I was flashing a new ROM the data network always worked straight away?

Any idea to why it doesn’t help to flash another ROM?

thank you.

Guest Luxusxda

Hi,

I've had this problem also, even with the shipped 1.6 and the Dell Froyo. I put the problem down to hardware as all the software versions do the same thing. My conclusion was that when having a phone call the screen is against your face and it warms it up and gives the phone the impression the whole screen is being touched and throws it into confusion. "slide to answer" or screen unlock pattern doesn't work or works a little, when the screen cools down a bit its fine again.

Currently running 1.6.1 as battery life lasts 2-3 days! :mellow:

I dont think it's related to the touchscreen - the touchscreen works, but very slowly. Again, the cpu usage is 100% - it has to be something with how android handles dropped calls.

Guest alexmoi
Yes I have tried that as well.

Before this happed, Every time I was flashing a new ROM the data network always worked straight away?

Any idea to why it doesn’t help to flash another ROM?

thank you.

Just to make sure it's not something small..... Check your baseband #. Had a prob with no 3G once ended up i had no baseband. (settings...about phone)

Guest kolloff
Just to make sure it's not something small..... Check your baseband #. Had a prob with no 3G once ended up i had no baseband. (settings...about phone)

Baseband Version:

GAUSB1A130500

Guest krazman
Baseband Version:

GAUSB1A130500

I think you posted previously that you are running DJ Steves 1.9.0. His instructions cleqrly state that you MUST be running at least bb 318. He also gives instructions and a iink to the amss download.

I suggest you re-read the original post in this thread.

Guest digthemlows
I think you posted previously that you are running DJ Steves 1.9.0. His instructions cleqrly state that you MUST be running at least bb 318. He also gives instructions and a iink to the amss download.

I'm on 305 and using 1.9 (have been since the day it was released) and I don't have a single problem..................

just sayin

Guest FunkeeC

Anyone running 1.9 have access to the new HBO Go app in the market? Doesnt show up for me on my phone and wont install from web market for me =\

Guest alexmoi
I'm on 305 and using 1.9 (have been since the day it was released) and I don't have a single problem..................

just sayin

The only other thing i can see is that your APN is wrong or that you have a network setting not correct.

Guest kolloff

As I wrote in the beginning:

I have had 1.9.0 running for some time. I then tried to get tabmail to work with my POP3 account. All sorts of problem with that mail app. (Did not showed the incoming mails, only loaded 25 mails etc.) I tried to clear data. Then the mail app crashed every time I started it. Then I made a factory reset and flashed the 1.9.0 again (without tabmail).

And now I have no data network connection at all??

I have tried al sorts of things but no connection to mobile data network?

So I tried, in panic, something new by install another ROM with a different method.

So I wrote:

I have now (for the first time) used QDL to install a new version. So at the moment I have some sort of stock Froyo from Dell.

Andriod version: 2.2

Baseband: GAUSB1A130500-EU

Build Number :10688

OEM Version GAUSB1A130500

Kernel version 2.632.9-perf

But it did not solved the problem.

I am not, it any way, claim that there is something wrong with the ROM. (I have tried all of Steve's ROM without any problems)

This just happened to me and I just have no clue how.

But anyway, I have apparently done something wrong and it was just my hope that someone could give me a hint of how I could get my phone back to working order – before I do stupid things.

Thank you for the attention.

Guest ZLRider
...But anyway, I have apparently done something wrong and it was just my hope that someone could give me a hint of how I could get my phone back to working order – before I do stupid things.

Thank you for the attention.

Not an expert at all but wouldn't it be worthwhile trying to change your baseband? I mean I realize that going to a stock ROM didn't change the issue but maybe the baseband has been corrupted somehow? Just a thought...

Guest kolloff
Not an expert at all but wouldn't it be worthwhile trying to change your baseband? I mean I realize that going to a stock ROM didn't change the issue but maybe the baseband has been corrupted somehow? Just a thought...

I am obvious too brain dead for this game. I have spend half the weekend now trying to solve the problem. I have tried to go back to 1.5.1 (phone worked) no data network. Went back to 1.9.0 can make calls but still no data network. (re-flashed baseband GAUSB1A131800-EU). All done with fastboot and clockwork.

I wish I had more general knowledge and understanding on how these files works (image files, amss etc) and what they do.

I wish I don't need to pull my old Nokia out - but I really don't know what to do now.

Any kind person there have any ideas?

Guest alexmoi
I am obvious too brain dead for this game. I have spend half the weekend now trying to solve the problem. I have tried to go back to 1.5.1 (phone worked) no data network. Went back to 1.9.0 can make calls but still no data network. (re-flashed baseband GAUSB1A131800-EU). All done with fastboot and clockwork.

I wish I had more general knowledge and understanding on how these files works (image files, amss etc) and what they do.

I wish I don't need to pull my old Nokia out - but I really don't know what to do now.

Any kind person there have any ideas?

Do you do the amss everytime you do a full re install? i never had any good results when i would install amss