StreakDroid 1.9.0 ( aka The Final Frontier ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest popetodd
I am obvious too brain dead for this game. I have spend half the weekend now trying to solve the problem. I have tried to go back to 1.5.1 (phone worked) no data network. Went back to 1.9.0 can make calls but still no data network. (re-flashed baseband GAUSB1A131800-EU). All done with fastboot and clockwork.

I wish I had more general knowledge and understanding on how these files works (image files, amss etc) and what they do.

I wish I don't need to pull my old Nokia out - but I really don't know what to do now.

Any kind person there have any ideas?

Have you tried to back down to stock and see if everything works there?

Guest Roperband
Anyone running 1.9 have access to the new HBO Go app in the market? Doesnt show up for me on my phone and wont install from web market for me =\

Yeah, I downloaded it but they don't give Time Warner subscribers access yet. I'm not sure, but I did a market fix tweak (changing the system file so that it thinks the build is older) that may be the difference here. I'm trying to find it on the forums but I can't right now, maybe someone else can help?

Guest kolloff
Have you tried to back down to stock and see if everything works there?

Alright – I have solved the problem. But I don’t know how. Like in the old days, if the TV did not work your first reaction was to give it a good old smack on the side. If that did not work you hit it again - but harder!

I cleared, deleted, erased and formatted every possible thing on the Streak. Started from absolutely scratch by flashing old builds and gradually work the way up to DJ 1.9.0

I cannot tell what I have done wrong in the first place. (I have too little knowledge to be able to analyse problems) But now it works 

But thank you for your attention!!

Guest alexmoi
Alright – I have solved the problem. But I don’t know how. Like in the old days, if the TV did not work your first reaction was to give it a good old smack on the side. If that did not work you hit it again - but harder!

I cleared, deleted, erased and formatted every possible thing on the Streak. Started from absolutely scratch by flashing old builds and gradually work the way up to DJ 1.9.0

I cannot tell what I have done wrong in the first place. (I have too little knowledge to be able to analyse problems) But now it works 

But thank you for your attention!!

Would be something you should look into a little more. Because if you have to redo the process for some reason or another... upgrade....FC's etc...

Out of curiosity did you or not install amss on this latest reinstall?

Guest nasodotcom

I am confused and need little help. I have a Streak with Streakdroid 1.6.0 with 8105bb - I am using rebelsim. How should I install 1.9.0 - directly via custom recovery or I should downgrade to something? Thanks in advance!

Guest alexmoi
I am confused and need little help. I have a Streak with Streakdroid 1.6.0 with 8105bb - I am using rebelsim. How should I install 1.9.0 - directly via custom recovery or I should downgrade to something? Thanks in advance!

you can do ether. Just make sure you add the no baseband to the txt file

Guest nasodotcom

Yes, I know that. Can and should I do factory reset before that and from which recovery? Because I think that the recovery changes back to stock everytime...

Guest tavella

I thought I'd throw this out there. When I first got my Streak I had data on the AT&T 1.6 build only. I tried the O2 1.6 and 2.1 builds and I couldn't get the data to work. Flash DJ Steve's builds and no luck. Regardless of which baseband I used on the device. I finally restored it to factory, called Dell. Explained that the data was having problems, explained I had already gone through the reflash, restore, etc, and they sent me a new phone. Once I got the new phone, I no longer had the problems. I spent two weeks trying to fix the data and I'm convinced it was a hardware issue. I'd suggest trying that route. Hope it helps.

Guest isitafox

Can someone explain the baseband update thing for me? I'm currently running rooted 2.2.2 35100-EU build 15609.

Do I need to install the baseband fix and if so then how??

Sorry for sounding like a total berk but I've only been properly getting into this the last few days and it's all new but I'm learning fast!

Guest alexmoi
Yes, I know that. Can and should I do factory reset before that and from which recovery? Because I think that the recovery changes back to stock everytime...

You should always do a factory reset once you have installed the streakdroid ( some earlier versions excluded ). The recovery changes only when you change it through the fastboot process.

Guest alexmoi
Can someone explain the baseband update thing for me? I'm currently running rooted 2.2.2 35100-EU build 15609.

Do I need to install the baseband fix and if so then how??

Sorry for sounding like a total berk but I've only been properly getting into this the last few days and it's all new but I'm learning fast!

Baseband fix (no baseband) is only good if you have a rebelsim card. ALSO you must upgrade to streakdroid with no baseband from android 2.1.....NOT 2.2. Rebel sim card doesnt work with 2.2 baseband. And DONT use AMSS with it, just jump over that step

Guest isitafox

Cheers for the reply, so just reflash then install from recovery without the nobaseband as an option. Whats the amss thing though?

Guest alexmoi
Cheers for the reply, so just reflash then install from recovery without the nobaseband as an option. Whats the amss thing though?

Be honest everytime i used it ended up having problems like 3g...calling...texting..wifi wouldn't work for some reason but as for it's use i have no idea lol.

Dont forget if you have a rebel sim card you must upgrade to streak droid from android 2.1 and NOT 2.2. Rebel sim card doesnt work with a 2.2 baseband.

Btw.... would have cost you alot less unlocking it then using an "outdated" product.

Guest isitafox
Be honest everytime i used it ended up having problems like 3g...calling...texting..wifi wouldn't work for some reason but as for it's use i have no idea lol.

Dont forget if you have a rebel sim card you must upgrade to streak droid from android 2.1 and NOT 2.2. Rebel sim card doesnt work with a 2.2 baseband.

Btw.... would have cost you alot less unlocking it then using an "outdated" product.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean?? I'm on UK o2 and have no need to unlock the phone, at least not until my contract runs out.

Guest isitafox

Well I installed and everything went perfectly but I'm not keen on a few things like the gingerbread launcher and keyboard so can I just reflash it with different options??

Guest alexmoi
Well I installed and everything went perfectly but I'm not keen on a few things like the gingerbread launcher and keyboard so can I just reflash it with different options??

i was offering the unlock method because i thought you were using a rebel sim card.

I use "Zeam" it has a nice desktop and "Better keyboard" because you can change the size of the keys ( i have big fingers lol ).

Yes you can reinstall it with different options in txt file. Just do a factory reset on the first screen of the ( sound up and down + power) after doing the install. Dont have to go back to stock to do it as long as your reinstalling same version ( some older versions excluded)

Guest Hans A.

My battery only last 10 hours.

The stats show it's the phone connection itself eating up the battery even if I don't make that many calls.

What is the least painful way to do a factory reset and get back to 1.90 without having to reinstall everything?

Can I do a full nandoid backup, do a factory reset, then restore the backup?

Guest alexmoi
My battery only last 10 hours.

The stats show it's the phone connection itself eating up the battery even if I don't make that many calls.

What is the least painful way to do a factory reset and get back to 1.90 without having to reinstall everything?

Can I do a full nandoid backup, do a factory reset, then restore the backup?

Always a factory reset from the first black screen

Guest Hans A.

Can you tel me what exactly a factory reset does?

Will I lose all my apps, settings?

Always a factory reset from the first black screen

Guest alexmoi
Can you tel me what exactly a factory reset does?

Will I lose all my apps, settings?

Yes you will lose you apps and settings. But if you have your google sync for contacts and calender they will be saved. As for bought apps they will always be with your google account so as long as you use your account the apps will be there.( there meaning on the app market but you dont have to repay)

Factory reset basically sets everything back to a "stock" streakdroid. Its a hassle i admit to have to reinstall all. But take it from a guy that does it every time he reinstalles a new version. After a while it takes less time to reinstall all then to install the Os lol. I usually have about 20..25 apps to install.

Best way to give your streak the best chance possible is to install stock then streakdroid...factory reset then restart it a couple of times while letting it sit 1..2 mins closed. From my experience it seems like the streak need a bit of time to get settled into it's new Os lol

Edited by alexmoi

Guest dadme

I can't go back to Streakdroid 1.6.1, after 351 official or Streakdroid 1.9.0. Wiped all and make a clean install from Streakrecovery but it always stuck on strekdroid boot logo. Any ideeas?

Guest alexmoi
I can't go back to Streakdroid 1.6.1, after 351 official or Streakdroid 1.9.0. Wiped all and make a clean install from Streakrecovery but it always stuck on strekdroid boot logo. Any ideeas?

351 = stock 2.2.2 and streakdroid 1.6.1 is 2.2

Guest Hans A.

what is the best site to catch any news of the next 5 inch Streak? can't wait for a dual processor version. also the next version of android will have built in google voice calling. that's going to be awesome.

right now i use skype but i think an integrated solution from google will be even better.

Guest jmhalder
what is the best site to catch any news of the next 5 inch Streak? can't wait for a dual processor version. also the next version of android will have built in google voice calling. that's going to be awesome.

right now i use skype but i think an integrated solution from google will be even better.

:unsure: You'll be waiting a while I'd imagine, the Streak got really poor reviews, as it shipped with an extremely old (hacked up) version of Android, and suffered weird hardware flaws... The device bombed, I'd like a Tegra 2 Streak 5 as much as the next guy, with a qHD screen, thicker gorilla glass (and a stronger LCD), and a better digitizer that supports 4+ touches.... but that ain't gonna happen.

Guest Hans A.

so I guess the Dell Opus is not going to happen?

sigh. the streak is a great device with the right ROM. i never thought I would trade my iphone for anything, but i tried the streak and I haven't looked back. from now on I need a big screen and the iOS notifications are weak suck sauce.

it will be a sad day when the streak can't handle any more android updates and i will have to go to a lesser screen

:unsure: You'll be waiting a while I'd imagine, the Streak got really poor reviews, as it shipped with an extremely old (hacked up) version of Android, and suffered weird hardware flaws... The device bombed, I'd like a Tegra 2 Streak 5 as much as the next guy, with a qHD screen, thicker gorilla glass (and a stronger LCD), and a better digitizer that supports 4+ touches.... but that ain't gonna happen.