StreakDroid 1.9.0 ( aka The Final Frontier ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Duskycub

Been searching the forums for the gscript files for hdmi on and hdmi off it says there put on with the rom but i didnt find them and if someone could send me a link to where i can download them would be great

Guest Lettre531

I use the 1.9.0, it works fine since longtime but now i've "no sim card". It means i cant do anything : call, sms, 3G ...etc. I tested my sim, it works well.

I tried to reinstall, factory reset or also the newest official 3.54 but nothing change. Someone knows this prob, pls helps me :unsure: .

Guest alexmoi
I use the 1.9.0, it works fine since longtime but now i've "no sim card". It means i cant do anything : call, sms, 3G ...etc. I tested my sim, it works well.

I tried to reinstall, factory reset or also the newest official 3.54 but nothing change. Someone knows this prob, pls helps me :unsure: .

Check and see if you have a baseband # in setting....about phone

Guest Lettre531
Check and see if you have a baseband # in setting....about phone

Checked and i've the baseband : GAUSB...-EU. I use the 2.2.2 oem version. So what's wrong? Thanks for ur help.

Guest alexmoi
Checked and i've the baseband : GAUSB...-EU. I use the 2.2.2 oem version. So what's wrong? Thanks for ur help.

Are you using a rebel sim card?

do you have capability with stock android?

If you don't then your prob is not with the software.

Guest Lettre531
Are you using a rebel sim card?

do you have capability with stock android?

If you don't then your prob is not with the software.

I don't use a rebel card. The prob is that It's been working normally since a month with 1.9.0. Then the J day was come, i didn't change anything but my phone didn't know my card anymore.

what do u mean "ve capability with stock android?", i'm not sure it's a software prob or hardware :unsure: but i've tried also with the newest official 3.54.

Guest alexmoi
I don't use a rebel card. The prob is that It's been working normally since a month with 1.9.0. Then the J day was come, i didn't change anything but my phone didn't know my card anymore.

what do u mean "ve capability with stock android?", i'm not sure it's a software prob or hardware :unsure: but i've tried also with the newest official 3.54.

Well i would try using an older stock 2.2 android ....318...319 and see if it works using the appropriate recovery.img. You can get any version from here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/index...tle=Dell_Streak

Go down to official roms.

If it still does it then....well i would start looking in the direction of hardware probs.

Hope this will help

Guest mzsigler

Sorry if it's already been covered, but I'm not reading every page and "Browser" and "crash" are both so common they're useless as search terms.

Recently, and I sadly don't know exactly when it started, my browser crashes. I open browser, google loads. Then it crashes and goes back to whatever screen I was on prior to opening browser. Other browsers work fine, specifically Miren that I've tried.

Relevant logcat:

D/FlurryAgent(26246): Sending report to: http://data.flurry.com/aar.do

I/DEBUG   (26836): debuggerd committing suicide to free the zombie!

E/PrintK  (	1): <3>init: starting 'debuggerd'

I/DEBUG   (26905): debuggerd: Mar  9 2011 13:25:25

I/BootReceiver(  152): Copying /data/tombstones/tombstone_02 to DropBox (SYSTEM_TOMBSTONE)

E/PrintK  (  152): <3>binder: 26882: binder_alloc_buf, no vma

D/PrintK  (  152): <6>binder: 152:187 transaction failed 29201, size 148-0

E/JavaBinder(  152): !!! FAILED BINDER TRANSACTION !!!

D/PrintK  (  152): <6>binder: 152:158 transaction failed 29189, size 52-0

I/ActivityManager(  152): Process com.android.browser (pid 26882) has died.

At around the same time, I started getting a sporadic force close on framework.google, not sure if related.

Guest Lettre531
Well i would try using an older stock 2.2 android ....318...319 and see if it works using the appropriate recovery.img. You can get any version from here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/index...tle=Dell_Streak

Go down to official roms.

If it still does it then....well i would start looking in the direction of hardware probs.

Hope this will help

I tested with 319, also with Stev's 1.7 ...etc, it doesn't work, so perhaps i'll start looking in the direction of hardware :unsure:. Thanks for ur help.

Guest alexmoi
I tested with 319, also with Stev's 1.7 ...etc, it doesn't work, so perhaps i'll start looking in the direction of hardware :unsure:. Thanks for ur help.

well i wish you luck and hope you don't give up on this potentially great Os for some minor headaches lol

Guest shi3ld

I installed the rom and it worked fine for a couple of days, started getting force closes on the framework.google as others mention... did a reflash and wipe, still getting them and my messaging app keeps loosing all the contact names and pictures. If I close messaging with an app manager and restart it it works fine untill a framework.google force close

Guest justxroro
I installed the rom and it worked fine for a couple of days, started getting force closes on the framework.google as others mention... did a reflash and wipe, still getting them and my messaging app keeps loosing all the contact names and pictures. If I close messaging with an app manager and restart it it works fine untill a framework.google force close

I run into the same problem... i dont have issues with the unresponsive screen after unlocking anymore, just the framework/contacts

Guest luckyauto

sorry to ask , is the StreakDroid 1.9.1 available ...

like to see dell streak , can fit my lock screen in potrait....and other in potrait too

thank

Guest dairymasta
sorry to ask , is the StreakDroid 1.9.1 available ...

like to see dell streak , can fit my lock screen in potrait....and other in potrait too

thank

Most likely SD 2.0 going to be released any day now, with Gingerbread 2.3.3 instead of Froyo. Just be patient. :P

Guest mtyrrell
Steve's tweeted he wants to get 2.0 released today so is getting the beta out to testers as we speak!

Indeed. Hopefully he does get it released I've been itching to update the streak for a while now. :P

Guest Rudeboy5412
good good, sometimes androids filesystem checker goes a little mad for some reason

Thank you Steve! I am the newest newb ever! About a month ago I bought a Streak from Dell and I was about to throw it in the bin because of the frustration with dealing with Dell support!...it kept freezing and rebooting, one time it did a factory reset all by itself! Eventually it was collected and sent to Hungary! It was returned 2 days later with brand new insides> It came back with Froyo 2.2 but that kept freezing even though it was not as much as the first one. I was just about to bin it when I came across your work from the net. Followed the instructions and installed the 'Fastboot" drivers on my Windows 7 64 bit OS. Installed Clockwork 2.5 on the phone and installed your v1.7. For the first time the phone worked OK. Since then I have installed the v1.9 with 'stageui and bios' in the text file. The only thing I have a problem with is that I do not know how to:

1/ Update to 1.5.1 baseband...it is currently on GAUSB1A135100-EU

2/ Flash 'dsp1.mbn' for 720p video fix.

3/ Before when I had the original Froyo 2.2 installed, when I connected my phone by USB to the PC it would be recognised and the SD card would open up as a drive...Now it does not!

I know these issues to you might be tedious but for me it is a challenge. Could you please point me in the right direction as on the forum you guys use a lot of terms as if we all understand and to be honest...I do not...I can follow a script quite easily otherwise I would not be able to run v1.9, and believe me it is running quite smoothly, once again thank you very much.

Guest XsCode

2) fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn

3) pull down the notification bar and click on the USB connected, it will bring up a screen with button on, press it.

Thank you Steve! I am the newest newb ever! About a month ago I bought a Streak from Dell and I was about to throw it in the bin because of the frustration with dealing with Dell support!...it kept freezing and rebooting, one time it did a factory reset all by itself! Eventually it was collected and sent to Hungary! It was returned 2 days later with brand new insides> It came back with Froyo 2.2 but that kept freezing even though it was not as much as the first one. I was just about to bin it when I came across your work from the net. Followed the instructions and installed the 'Fastboot" drivers on my Windows 7 64 bit OS. Installed Clockwork 2.5 on the phone and installed your v1.7. For the first time the phone worked OK. Since then I have installed the v1.9 with 'stageui and bios' in the text file. The only thing I have a problem with is that I do not know how to:

1/ Update to 1.5.1 baseband...it is currently on GAUSB1A135100-EU

2/ Flash 'dsp1.mbn' for 720p video fix.

3/ Before when I had the original Froyo 2.2 installed, when I connected my phone by USB to the PC it would be recognised and the SD card would open up as a drive...Now it does not!

I know these issues to you might be tedious but for me it is a challenge. Could you please point me in the right direction as on the forum you guys use a lot of terms as if we all understand and to be honest...I do not...I can follow a script quite easily otherwise I would not be able to run v1.9, and believe me it is running quite smoothly, once again thank you very much.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest krazman

Rejected calls not going to voicemail SD 1.9.0

I apologize for reviving what has become an old thread. Today, I noticed that any calls I reject by touching the red END button while the call is ringing, are not going to voicemail. I don't know when this started, but I have been on a version of StreakDroid since NOV. 2010. (1.4.x, 1.5.x, 1.6.0, 1.6.1, 1.7.0, 1.9.0)

When this happens, the caller gets an "old fashioned" land line busy signal. Normal voicemail operation is working well. I.E. if call is allowed to ring until voicemail picks up.

I called at&t and they called Dell who said this setting is no longer user settable since froyo 2.1. 2 Questions:

1. Has anyone else had this problem and how was it fixed?

2. I am running amss and dsp1 from Steve's new GS2.0.0. Could either of these be causing this problem? at&t tech said the phone is not routing the call properly.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

kraz

disregard - figured it out myself

Edited by krazman

Guest krazman

I fixed the problem above by re-flashing the 351 amss.mbn and the dsp1.mbn from 1.9.0. The voicemail problem is corrected but the software lags compared to having the engineered amss and dsp1 from 2.0.0. My Streak never ran better than when on the 2.0.0 amss and dsp1 with SD 1.9.0!

Could someone please tell me (in a not-overly-technical-way) what the amss and the dsp1 control. A Google and a MoDaCo search produced only downloads and installation discussion threads.

In the mean time, I am going to re-flash the 2.0.0 amss and the 2.0.0 dsp1 individually to see if I can re-create the smooth operation I had without the voicemail problem.

I'm a noob here but I would really appreciate an informative reply. I'm sure there are others with similar questions.

Thank you!

kraz

edit:

I have determined that the amss.mbn is the culprit. It makes my Streak run like a Ferrari, but messes up the voicemail only if a call is rejected. It fails to route the caller to voicemail. Is it possible to take the code that controls that in the 351 amss.mbn and put it into the defective code in the 2.0.0 amss.mbn? If YES, is there anyone willing and capable to do this?

Thank you, again.

kraz

Edited by krazman

Guest memorrhagic

Hi guys,

How to downgrade to 1.8.1? i use baseband 318.

1.9.0 cause problem for me after about a month using:

1) sudden hard reset (one day, the phone suddenly decided to erase all thing, sms, apps to oblivion and return to its original state) :)

2) accept call issue (when i slide to answer, the phone will freeze and i usually lost the call)

3) vibration issue (vibrate will on and off, sometimes can sometimes not)

i actually begin to hate DS becoz of this.. lulz

Guest vanemburghj
Hi guys,

How to downgrade to 1.8.1? i use baseband 318.

1.9.0 cause problem for me after about a month using:

1) sudden hard reset (one day, the phone suddenly decided to erase all thing, sms, apps to oblivion and return to its original state) :)

2) accept call issue (when i slide to answer, the phone will freeze and i usually lost the call)

3) vibration issue (vibrate will on and off, sometimes can sometimes not)

i actually begin to hate DS becoz of this.. lulz

What?? Would recommend you go back to clean install, was something you added after installing 1.9.0 and just keep re-installing through Nandroid and what ever backup program you use. Going to be a pain, but recommend 351 BB and 1.9.0, restore a program see how Streak acts, go to the next one and so on. Again a pain, but once you identify the bad app, look for an update or an alternate app that provides same capability.

I ran 1.9.0 since the day it came out and had no issues, only went to 2.0.0 because Fards, with the generous help of other folks, got it to stablize enough for me to move to it.

Or you can wait till Steve releases 1.9.1, think it will be sometime soon (let's say next 0 to 45 days) as there are working on the 6th beta version.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AIR-WIZZ

I'm using 1.9.0 on 2 seperate Streaks. One had 351 but now has 353 and the other 318 with the engineered amss and dsp1. All 3 scenarios have problems FCing the phone while in use. Awkwardly, it doesn't actually hang up the calls. Instead the FC window comes up and I can finish the call. When I close the FC window it hangs up. Then the tray icons for my cell network are gone and after a few seconds I hear two alarms and all is good. It usually does it as I take the phone from my ear...when the blank screen changes back to full screen. Another observation, All the people in my 'People' app on Launcher Pro disappeared during this time...the few seconds it took to restore phone abilities.

This issue is a deal breaker. It only does this on 1.9.0.

Please tell me someone knows what is causing this?

Guest rsfinsrq
I'm using 1.9.0 on 2 seperate Streaks. One had 351 but now has 353 and the other 318 with the engineered amss and dsp1. All 3 scenarios have problems FCing the phone while in use. Awkwardly, it doesn't actually hang up the calls. Instead the FC window comes up and I can finish the call. When I close the FC window it hangs up. Then the tray icons for my cell network are gone and after a few seconds I hear two alarms and all is good. It usually does it as I take the phone from my ear...when the blank screen changes back to full screen. Another observation, All the people in my 'People' app on Launcher Pro disappeared during this time...the few seconds it took to restore phone abilities.

This issue is a deal breaker. It only does this on 1.9.0.

Please tell me someone knows what is causing this?

Density other than the stock setting (160) can cause phone app FC's.

Guest AIR-WIZZ
Density other than the stock setting (160) can cause phone app FC's.

Kewl, I didnt know that. Is there any way to revert my density w-out reinstalling everything?