StreakDroid 1.9.0 ( aka The Final Frontier ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest itsjdmyo

With 1.8.1, i was having problems with losing 3G connectivity when i turned off my screen as well as severe battery issues (would die after 9-10 hrs of normal usage). hopefully this version will fix that issue

Guest fards
Ok i just reinstalled 1.9.0 and yet again my paid apps are not recent. Some of my apps are the most recent but not all of them. Seeing as everything was working good in 1.8.1 and i read there was changes made for the android market so i assume that is my problem.

check the build.prop version string

Guest alexmoi
check the build.prop version string

Returned to 1.8.1 so have no idea what version it is. But i tried to install original 2.2 then 1.8.1.... installed the apps that were showing earlier versions then install 1.9.0 and have all the most recent versions. But if i do a factory reset it only lets me update old versions of the app. And when i mean old i mean like 5...6 versions back :S

Maybe the market and those apps have trouble with the 2.2.2 android

Edit :Simple way to know is if someone with 1.9.0 installed can go see on the market the version of ar.pro and if they have the most recent version witch will be my streak the problem. If they have same version as i do we will know its a bug in the release. ( i use ar.pro as a basis because it was my most recent update before update to 1.9.0)

Edited by alexmoi

Guest FunkeeC

Installed 1.9 and completed a factory reset prior to booting into 1.9. Seems stable thus far. However, one lil issue is that i cannot find MLB At Bat 2011 on the market app anymore. It shows as purchased on teh web market but wont let me push it to my phone. Anyone else having this issue? Can anyone else find MLB At Bat in the market on their phone?

Guest FunkeeC
Installed 1.9 and completed a factory reset prior to booting into 1.9. Seems stable thus far. However, one lil issue is that i cannot find MLB At Bat 2011 on the market app anymore. It shows as purchased on teh web market but wont let me push it to my phone. Anyone else having this issue? Can anyone else find MLB At Bat in the market on their phone?

after some googling, it seems this is a 2.2.2 issue and nothing to do with the rom. that being the case, anyone with any idea how to get around this?

Guest itsjdmyo

I still lose 3G connectivity when i turn off my screen. I use facebook chat and aim a lot, and with this issue, i no longer can use any chat options at that the moment :D

Guest pappyfire
Hi I went from 1.8.0 without any issues so far. Did get a message about mismatched UID's and recommending I wipe data partition. I just ignored it for now.

Same here - is this warning something to worry about? So far everthing seems to be working OK.

Guest simple17
Do we need to upgrade baseband for this ROM ? Cause I'm still using the same baseband since 1.5.1+ which was posted before

the 151 baseband is fine :D

I'm running GAUSB1A131800-US baseband from Stock Froyo build 318. Do I need to upgrade to the 1.5.1+ baseband? Does it matter? is it required? or just recommended? Thanks.

Update: What is the best upgrade path? Can we upgrade from Stock 2.2, or is it better to upgrade from 1.5.1; 1.6, 1.7.0 or 1.8.1?

Edited by simple17

Guest coronet

Alright, I'm getting a major issue here. Don't know if this is hardware or software, but it exclusively started happening after the update. The slightest disturbance makes the phone reset. Sit down or stand up from a seat with the phone in your pocket? Reset. Walk a couple of steps with your phone in your pocket? Reset. Set it down any more mild than the gentlest way? Reset. I think other builds may have done this before, but I'm not sure. Any ideas? It's tearing me apart taking my phone out of my pocket and every time it's either on the boot screen or turned off. Also wipes my LauncherPro settings and I have to redo my widgets every time! Would logcat capture this?

Guest alexmoi
Alright, I'm getting a major issue here. Don't know if this is hardware or software, but it exclusively started happening after the update. The slightest disturbance makes the phone reset. Sit down or stand up from a seat with the phone in your pocket? Reset. Walk a couple of steps with your phone in your pocket? Reset. Set it down any more mild than the gentlest way? Reset. I think other builds may have done this before, but I'm not sure. Any ideas? It's tearing me apart taking my phone out of my pocket and every time it's either on the boot screen or turned off. Also wipes my LauncherPro settings and I have to redo my widgets every time! Would logcat capture this?

Maybe i'm wrong but that sounds like the symptoms of the back cover

Guest Stevewt

Updated directly from 1.8.1 without reset. WIFI and 3G connectivity issues are gone! I still find that the sound is off on reboot. Selecting volume up/down once turns it on. Also the default browser FCs as with 1.7 and 1.8.1 All else seems great! Thanks Stephen!

Guest jimmyrusli

hi i just installed 1.9.0 from 345, did this rom need sysctl config setting ? i mean if can use what best setting for batery life in this rom? sorry for noob question...

btw im uninstall googlemap & car home app, n used Ndrive, but cannot lock GPS... any can help me?

edit: GPS issue fixed use "GPS status & toolbox" app... :D

Edited by jimmyrusli

Guest DelSan

Had it do the not wake up thing. Installed last night and left out on the side. Which los are best to check in this case?

But testing it otherwise seems lovely! Thanks Steve!

Edited by DelSan

Guest madmax85812

the problem does sound like its 99.9% the backover connection going berserk. but the thing to notice is tht steve had disabled 'switch off on removing back cover' a few build back. so actually shudnt b happening at all if it indeed is the back cover. try sticking a piece of paper underneath the back cover. incase still doesnt work, try reflashing with the piece of paper still in place.

Guest waj1234

Tried installing this from O2 2.2 but just boot loops after streakdroid splash screen?

Edit, infact I am getting the same boot loop now if I try putting the dell 2.2.2 rom on it. Am I doing something wrong? Baseband or something?

Edited by waj1234

Guest stuliv12
my answer button is displaying incorrectly... Is anybody having the same problem too?

same for me, most of the graphic sits off the screen.

Edited by stuliv12

Guest coronet
the problem does sound like its 99.9% the backover connection going berserk. but the thing to notice is tht steve had disabled 'switch off on removing back cover' a few build back. so actually shudnt b happening at all if it indeed is the back cover. try sticking a piece of paper underneath the back cover. incase still doesnt work, try reflashing with the piece of paper still in place.

Right, so it shouldn't be the back cover. I'll do some more investigating today to see what approximately is causing this issue.

Guest xO Gideon Ox

So far so good still....couple of minor glitches on apps but i'm not convinced they're anything to do with the ROM (i think the apps just need some more work eg. Facez)...

No FCs, couple of other apps had a bit of a tiz like the galaxy tab mail, i just stopped it cleared the cache/data as it was all the data from the 1.8.1 i was running and it was behaving properly again and has done ever since.

Great work Steve, definitely gonna be making a donation (do i do the main modaco one or your one...sorry for noobish question)....please keep supporting the streak...your work has given it a new lease of life :D

One other thing i'm curious about, i know having unleashed the beast it's going to take some tinkering to get the best performance/battery life out of it. Do people have any suggestions? I've been using Juice Defender which seems quite good but wont let me use all the features (looks like it doesn't understand the ROM so doesn't offer the features), any people have any other suggestions other than getting planning permission to fit a mugen 4800mah :D

With constant/regular to heavy usage i get a day ish as it's my only powerful android so it's my tablet and phone....ideally i'd like to get 1.5 days to 2 days use as an average...any tips for people out there running streadroid....any good apps to use instead of juice defender that have better compatibility or are there some settings i'm blatently missing which will be killing my battery life.

TIA for any help

Guest Stephen Hyde

use my donate link thats in my sig or on the first post :D

id say heavy use a day is quite good - but remebering to turn off wifi when not in use and reduce screen brightness wen not needed will help a lot, also force 2g only mode if not using the web - 2g is fine for things like IM and email usually - 3g is a HUGE battery drain

Guest pjg_pigeon

VPN

Anyone know if the tun.ko referenced in the update notes in post #1 of this thread is the most up to date version ?

or is it this one in post #4 of http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...hing-for-armv7/

Trying for the first time at work to connect to VPN they have just installed a netgear prosecure router, they tell me they have successfully connected a iPad using Cisco VPN, but they know nothing about Android, so its down to me to try and sort it out.

Anyone got any pointers

Guest xO Gideon Ox
use my donate link thats in my sig or on the first post :D

id say heavy use a day is quite good - but remebering to turn off wifi when not in use and reduce screen brightness wen not needed will help a lot, also force 2g only mode if not using the web - 2g is fine for things like IM and email usually - 3g is a HUGE battery drain

Cheers Steve...good tips there :(

Is there a convenient app that allows me to configure these profiles, i know juice defender has these kind of settings but as i said it seems to be greyed out on most of the options ;)

(if someone else has got this app to work then i'm doing something wrong and would love to know what it is :D)

**Edit** i think i'm being a moron again.....i think they're greyed out because i'm on the free version lol

Juice defender appears to be looking for CM for the advanced settings in the free or paid version and doesn't seem to recognise StreaDroid....anyone know of an equivalent thats happen with StreakDroid?

Edited by xO Gideon Ox

Guest XsCode

Did you do a factory reset?

Tried installing this from O2 2.2 but just boot loops after streakdroid splash screen?

Edit, infact I am getting the same boot loop now if I try putting the dell 2.2.2 rom on it. Am I doing something wrong? Baseband or something?

Guest Littledutch62
streakradio is broke at min, forgot to add a file :D

drop the attached file into /system/xbin and change its permissions to 755 and it'll fix streakradio

Can you redo link not working thanx. Waiting till battery 100% then installing 1.9.0. Steve you r the man thanx for all your hard work for us streak users.