Display glitches

Guest kampo

Guest kampo

Hi

I have vega for a week and i notice some display glitches. Some of you said that is OS problem others said that is nVidia drivers problem. I can see those glitches but not everywhere only in browser when scrolling or when the page loads , in all flash video like tv shows stream (very visible) and youtube (youtube application is fine).

A friend of mine has g tablet with tegra 2 and flash 10.2 and there aren't any glitches at all.

My rom is modaco r8 and i didn't change kernel.

Anyone have this problem on other rom or kernel?

Is not a big broblem for some of you but before reply check the pictures from tv show stream and imagine this every 2 sec.

Sorry for my english

Cheers

post-853479-1300809483_thumb.jpg

post-853479-1300809498_thumb.jpg

Edited by kampo

Guest trevor432990

Are you running Flash 10.2 ? If so there is a known issue with it causing artefacts (like you see in your pictures) and I had the same issue I would advise you to remove v10.2 and re-install v10.1. If you don't have a backup copy on your Vega then you can get it by using the download link mentioned in this topic under section :-

GLES Optimized Flash for Advent Vega

2. Adobe Flash Player 10.1.95.22

Edited by trevor432990

Guest newbe5
Are you running Flash 10.2 ? If so there is a known issue with it causing artefacts (like you see in your pictures) and I had the same issue I would advise you to re-install v10.1. See the Pinned Topic in the forum. :D

I'm interested to know if anyone has tried using Flash 10.2 on the stock Vega ROM/Kernel without installing the Modaco Pack? I wonder if it's the updated nVidia drivers causing the problem?

Guest kampo
Are you running Flash 10.2 ? If so there is a known issue with it causing artefacts (like you see in your pictures) and I had the same issue I would advise you to remove v10.2 and re-install v10.1. If you don't have a backup copy on your Vega then you can get it by using the download link mentioned in this topic under section :-

GLES Optimized Flash for Advent Vega

2. Adobe Flash Player 10.1.95.22

Hi

The problem is not only in flash but in browser too . G tablet flash 10.2 works fine. I don't think is flash bug but kernel or rom im not sure.

I downloaded the flash from the above site but when i push the green button in the midle of flash to start playing browser closed

Thanks for the reply this topic already exist in the forum and i start this topic because in someway i found that is not flash bug. I have no idea how the things work but if the drivers are in the kernel maybe other kernels works fine

Cheers

Guest trevor432990
Hi

The problem is not only in flash but in browser too . G tablet flash 10.2 works fine. I don't think is flash bug but kernel or rom im not sure.

I downloaded the flash from the above site but when i push the green button in the midle of flash to start playing browser closed

Thanks for the reply this topic already exist in the forum and i start this topic because in someway i found that is not flash bug. I have no idea how the things work but if the drivers are in the kernel maybe other kernels works fine

Cheers

The two sample pictures you show are both video clips which use Flash which is why I suggested changing the version. Which browser are you using? Have you got any pictures of the browser showing these glitches? The Vega and the G Tablet are completely different devices and you shouldn't try and compare them. The Vega needs to have a modified Flash app to work correctly which it had for v10.1 but not for v10.2 as far as I know.

Another thought do you have Bluetooth running? If so, might be worth testing again without it as it can cause audio glitches and so logically might also cause video glitches too :D

Edited by trevor432990

Guest kampo
The two sample pictures you show are both video clips which use Flash which is why I suggested changing the version. Which browser are you using? Have you got any pictures of the browser showing these glitches? The Vega and the G Tablet are completely different devices and you shouldn't try and compare them. The Vega needs to have a modified Flash app to work correctly which it had for v10.1 but not for v10.2 as far as I know.

Another thought do you have Bluetooth running? If so, might be worth testing again without it as it can cause audio glitches and so logically might also cause video glitches too :D

I am using stock browser and the problem is very rare but i used scope browser and the problem was much more. I tried again to install 10.1 from the page you link me but when i open flash video the browser force closing with out any warning. I didn't know that we need modified flash and i can see in the same site that there is 10.2 also. Is it the modified one?

Thanks

Edit: ok i clear cache in application--browser and works fine no glitches Thanks

If i see any glitcher in browser i will let you know maybe was problem of flash because of comercials in pages.

Edited by kampo

Guest trevor432990
I am using stock browser and the problem is very rare but i used scope browser and the problem was much more. I tried again to install 10.1 from the page you link me but when i open flash video the browser force closing with out any warning. I didn't know that we need modified flash and i can see in the same site that there is 10.2 also. Is it the modified one?

Thanks

Edit: ok i clear cache in application--browser and works fine no glitches Thanks

If i see any glitcher in browser i will let you know maybe was problem of flash because of comercials in pages.

OK well glad it's fixed although I'd be surprised if just clearing cache would do the trick. Not sure about the 10.2 version linked to in that page so can anyone else shed any light on whether Adobe Flash Player 10.2.155.67 on this page has been optimised for use on the Vega please?

Guest kampo

I reinstall modaco r8 with buzz kernel and here is some pics the problem is more visible. The problem is on the move as you can see from the photos is not stable is appear like "flash" i took like 80 photos until find this in a photo

post-853479-1300914193_thumb.jpg

post-853479-1300914245_thumb.jpg

Edited by kampo

Guest simonta

Nice. You come on here, where lots of devs hang out and help the community, with a screen shot of ADVERTISING SPAM. Perhaps a little insensitive?

Guest kampo
Nice. You come on here, where lots of devs hang out and help the community, with a screen shot of ADVERTISING SPAM. Perhaps a little insensitive?

My bad sorry i didn't notice because i was trying to find the glitches not to bother anyone of devs. I removed it

Cheers

Guest teklord
Not sure about the 10.2 version linked to in that page so can anyone else shed any light on whether Adobe Flash Player 10.2.155.67 on this page has been optimised for use on the Vega please?

It's optimised for multicore devices, but it's not optimised like the older versions for the Vega.

I talk about the smoothing/antialiasing of videos, that isn't there.

Greetz Tek

Guest shadow wave
I've the same problem on my Vega ... I wonder if others see the same glitches, or if you and I have hardware faults.

I see the glitches sometimes when using flash, also sometimes when using other apps. It seems to occur randomly sometimes.

Guest kampo

If the problem exist on all vega. Can a dev find what causing this and how it can be fix? Is not a huge problem but is still a problem. My thought was if the flash when is not modded makes the same problem (same i mean lines on the screen) while playing like flash player 10.2 which is not modded, maybe someone can make a similar mode for the kernel or drivers or whatever making this problem.

Thank you

Guest CrArC

I have this glitch too, Vega on modaco ROM (r8) with Flash 10.2.

Although I haven't seen it since I reflashed r8 after borking it fiddling with USB host settings.

The only thing I did differently this time round was use the Flash 10.2 apk linked to elsewhere in the Modaco Vega forum rather than the version from the Android market. Coincidence?