Would anyone provide me with an idiot's guide?

Guest Village Idiot

Guest Village Idiot

Hi

My Vega is in the post, and I plan to MoDaCo it pretty much straight away as I need full Market access above all else for a specific and unique app.

Generally I'm decent with computers - PC's at any rate - and am usually fairly quick on the uptake, but there are so many aspects of the platform that I'm not familiar with, that I really need a full idiot's guide, along the lines of "see that button there, that will take you to the xxxxxx you need to go into that and enter the following...." as opposed to "install to the APX" or "go to the device with the ADB" which even the 'step by step ROM installation guide' refers to, as I say I'll pick it all up just fine soon enough but does anyone fancy helping me get started?

Would it help to wait a day or two till I have the Vega?

Thanks in advance if you can help!

VI

Edited by Village Idiot

Guest 5miley

All the required information has been posted on the forum

All you need to do is spend an evening reading through the relevant threads

starting with this one

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...guides-how-tos/

also using the forum search function helps a lot as well.

From what I understand the Vega cannot be bricked so you dont have to worry about that happening

Being a complete novice myself I did manage to get the BSOD (black screen of death) while

trying to get my 3G dongle to work with my Vega .... after 30 minutes of research and 5 minutes

of reflashing, my Vega is back up and running

Guest swacd

ive sat and read a lot of help topics here and they are invaluable when trying to do something on your vega ....whatever it maybe.......but the thing i find hard is the way some things are explained ........ie not everyone has a knowledge that SOME MEMBERS HAVE ...and terms used seem to be baffling

so i can understand how say a beginners tutorial on say adding the latest rom would be tro any newbies finding this forum

i hope this makes sense ......

Edited by swacd

Guest Village Idiot
ive sat and read a lot of help topics here and they are invaluable when trying to do something on your vega ....whatever it maybe.......but the thing i find hard is the way some things are explained ........ie not everyone has a knowledge that SOME MEMBERS HAVE ...and terms used seem to be baffling

so i can understand how say a beginners tutorial on say adding the latest rom would be tro any newbies finding this forum

i hope this makes sense ......

Agreed - for whatever reason, even the basic how to guides are beyond my understanding at present.

It may be once I have the device it becomes clearer.