Firmware 1.09 and USB Host?

Guest carl rose

Guest carl rose

What are you guys using to get usb host with firmware 1.09? I might of missed it so I appologise if I did, but the USB Host image has not been updated for 1.09 or has it?

Thanks in advance

Guest trevor432990
What are you guys using to get usb host with firmware 1.09? I might of missed it so I appologise if I did, but the USB Host image has not been updated for 1.09 or has it?

Thanks in advance

Do you have an app called 'USB Mode' on your app screen as that's what I use on my r7 MCK-r2 device. It is an option when you use the Modaco kitchen to bake a new ROM. If not then Simonta or Rvdgeer were working on the previous standalone USB switcher so it might be worth PMing them. :D

Guest Adam_J
Do you have an app called 'USB Mode' on your app screen as that's what I use on my r7 MCK-r2 device. It is an option when you use the Modaco kitchen to bake a new ROM. If not then Simonta or Rvdgeer were working on the previous standalone USB switcher so it might be worth PMing them. :D

The USB switcher app doesn't work with the standard/original v1.09 firmware. I'm still using the standard firmware (due to USB/ADB driver issues on Win7 64bit) and was looking for a simple way to switch to USB host. I downloaded the separate USB switch file (from a URL provided in a separate post), set to host and rebooted which resulted in a BSOD and no bootup!! This was trying to reference fastboot which I assume is only contain within Paul's firmware. At least I understand the recovery process now....

Is there no way to gscript this change without reloading a different kernel?? -(noob :D so excuse me if this is not what occurs when switching from slave>host!)

Guest carl rose

I just have the standard 1.09 firmware with my market full hack and swapped the wpa_supplicant as well to get ad-hoc until I update my iphone to 4.3 and get personal hotspot which apparently it's true AP and not like mywi. That's it really mate. Thanks for replying by the way Trevor :D I will PM simonta and Rvdgeer to see in what stage is the release of the standalone one. I like the Standalone one.

Guest carl rose
The USB switcher app doesn't work with the standard/original v1.09 firmware. I'm still using the standard firmware (due to USB/ADB driver issues on Win7 64bit) and was looking for a simple way to switch to USB host. I downloaded the separate USB switch file (from a URL provided in a separate post), set to host and rebooted which resulted in a BSOD and no bootup!! This was trying to reference fastboot which I assume is only contain within Paul's firmware. At least I understand the recovery process now....

Is there no way to gscript this change without reloading a different kernel?? -(noob :D so excuse me if this is not what occurs when switching from slave>host!)

Yeah I think that is the problem, in order to flash the image as it's not been updated with the new kernel it will only flash the old one.

Guest zzleezz

None of you guys tried Buzzing Bee's modified kernel? It allows you to boot into host mode by holding down the back button while booting, works great for me. Also the kernel is superb, has made my Vega perform very smoothly. Had problems with wifi not connecting before this and the new kernel sorted that.

Here is the post

Guest trevor432990

Call me old fashioned but I like to stick to 'official' Modaco releases of Kernels & ROMs and it would be great if all the clever developers who visit this site would collaborate with Paul to produce super duper all encompassing firmware releases. My concern with going down a non-Modaco route is that members will end up with a myriad of different base firmwares loaded on their Vegas which will make it virtually impossible for us as forum members to diagnose and correct problems reported as we'd effectively have too many combinations to contend with. Comments constructive or otherwise welcome. :D

Guest carl rose
Call me old fashioned but I like to stick to 'official' Modaco releases of Kernels & ROMs and it would be great if all the clever developers who visit this site would collaborate with Paul to produce super duper all encompassing firmware releases. My concern with going down a non-Modaco route is that members will end up with a myriad of different base firmwares loaded on their Vegas which will make it virtually impossible for us as forum members to diagnose and correct problems reported as we'd effectively have too many combinations to contend with. Comments constructive or otherwise welcome. :D

Yes it is best to keep it all modaco and not get it from different sources but I will give it a try with buzzing bees modded kernel and report. I got a full backup so if it does give me problems it will take me a max of 20 mins to put it all back how it was.

I commented on the other thread lol

Guest carl rose
None of you guys tried Buzzing Bee's modified kernel? It allows you to boot into host mode by holding down the back button while booting, works great for me. Also the kernel is superb, has made my Vega perform very smoothly. Had problems with wifi not connecting before this and the new kernel sorted that.

Here is the post

I will give that a try